SOLD: FS: Whatmough C31 monitors, Classic series

Price: $300
Item Condition: Used, VGC
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Perth
State: Western Australia
Payment Method: Any
Reason for selling: NLR

Further information:  Whatmough Classic Series C31 floorstanders in excellent condition.

Purchased from SN member "(smart") because of very low price , and after 2 days of testing decided to pass it to someone who really needs it...all drivers in mint condition, sound as expected, no issues. If I find matching centre speaker, I'll keep it for HT setup. 

Happy to demo, local sale only...

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

DSC02100.JPG

DSC02101.JPG

DSC02102.JPG

DSC02104.JPG

DSC02105.JPG

DSC02106.JPG

DSC02107.JPG

DSC02108.JPG

IMG_1990.thumb.JPG.aabf483440a4f0658d5aba6b109c5fd4.JPG

Edited by MAXXX

Also interested to know your location in Perth. Your location could swing me to purchase these. Im interested to see how they would work with my system and use them as rears.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TigerStripe
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Carindale, Brisbane State: QLD Payment Method: Paypal, Cash Reason for selling: Upgrade Further information: JBL LS80 Floorstanding 3-way loud speakers (pair) in mahogany. Designed in JBL's Northridge Speaker Test Facility, these LS80s are a part of the JBL Synthesis line making them stable mates with the legendary Everest series. These examples were purchased new in 2013, I am the single owner, they are in near perfect condition and have a visually stunning room presence. Never overdriven, always with a high pass crossover at 60Hz and powered using a quality Plinuis amplifier. The bi-radial horns have wonderful clarity and imaging, coupled with the 2 * 8" woofers making for a supreme listening experience.

Selling due to an upgrade to JBL's new HDI-3800 & HDI-1200P. Upgrade triggered due to the LS series matching subwoofer's internal amplifier failing (LS120P). This gave me the excuse I needed to upgrade to the new HDI series. This advertisement DOES NOT include the LS120P but I am open to discussion, image included for reference.

Includes grilles, hard surface floor pads, carpet spikes, original user guide and box packaging. Original packaging boxes are in average condition due to two house moves.

Pick up available (preferred), will ship anywhere in Australia at buyer's cost. I welcome an audition if you're close to Brisbane.

Sad to see them go....

Specifications:
      Design:3-1/2-Way, Ported Enclosure, Floor-Standing Drivers: One 0.75″ Polyester Film Tweeter, One 2″ Titanium Compression Horn Midrange, Two 8″ PolyPlas Woofers MFR: 46hz-38Khz (-3dB) Crossover Frequencies: 400 Hz (6dB/Octave); 2.5 kHz and 8 kHz (24dB/Octave) Sensitivity: 90 db (2.83 V @ 1 Meter) Maximum Power: 200 Watts Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms Dimensions: 44″ H x 10.4″ W x 16.5″ D  
      PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By fernei01
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Glen Iris State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Further information:

These speakers are in immaculate condition with no starches or damage as can be seen from the photos. They sound fantastic and well suited to someone interested in building an audiophile system.

Acoustic Energy are a renowned British speaker manufacturer whose products are consistent award winners. The AE109 is one of the best examples of their success with floorstanders.  Anyone familiar with the Acoustic Energy brand will know how good these speakers are. They received fantastic reviews and won the several awards including 5 stars from What Hi-Fi when they were initially released.  In a later What Hi-Fi group test, they won the 5 Gold Stars Award beating equivalent speakers from renowned brands such as B&W, Polk Audio, Castle and EPOS. I researched and auditioned thoroughly prior to purchasing these speakers. In What Hi-Fi’s words “they offer a performance that sparkles in a multitude of systems with all kinds of music”. These were regarded as the go to speakers at the time, and I listened to several other speakers at reputable audio dealers in Melbourne such as Carlton Audio prior to purchase. In fact, Carlton Audio still refer to the high standard of these speakers in their advertisement for the current generation AE109 with the following words – “This has illustrious boots to fill. The original AE109 loudspeaker was a revolutionary slim floorstander that was the go-to product of the time”

The 2.5 way speakers are efficient and easy to drive and are therefore fairly easy to combine with a suitable amplifier.

The aesthetics and slim line profile of these speakers make them easy to integrate into your listening space.

Some specifications:

Sensitivity 90 db
      Power handing 150 watts max
      Impedance  - typically 6 ohms
      3 way Crossover with 1  High Frequency 25 mm unit and 2  X 90 mm Mid Frequency and Low Frequency units
      Overall frequency response : 35Hz to 22kHz
      Frequency Response : 55Hz to 18kHz ± 3db
      Terminals : gold-plated 2-way binding posts with bi-wiring option

The speakers come complete with a user manual.

Pickup only from Glen Iris VIC 3146 (near Ashburton railway station)

Payment by bank deposit or COD. .0Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item

• By Boxa
      Item Condition: Very good (see details below) Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Ipswich State: QLD Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Upgraded Further information:
      A pair of Whatmough Signature 303 floorstanding speakers. 

The build quality, internal bracing is great and overall finish is 8/10.   Grills are in almost excellent condition.

These speakers feature the French made Audax woofers and Scan Speak Revelator D2905/990000 tweeters.
      These produce plenty of bass.  They have an externally mounted crossover network to minimise interference and unwanted distortion.

Lead lined speaker enclosures finished in Bubinga real wood veneer extremely heavy with each speaker approximately 50 kgs each.

Full disclosure:
      I am second owner (purchased 2008) the original owner had crossover tweaked to reduce brightness, unfortunately I dont have any other details.
      The top 2 drivers (HM170Z18) were replaced in Sept 2019 @ $330 AUD (shipped from France and are identical driver to originals).
      Tweeters are original and run perfectly
      1 of the bottom mid/bass driver has distortion at medium volume levels - once this was released I didn't go through process of replacing them like the other 2. 
      As such the new drivers have only had 10 hours use (max).

These would probably suite a audiophile wanting a hobby to replace driver(s), clean up & enjoy.

Will not ship due to weight.
      Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By QuinYip
      Item Condition: Used - Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Mitcham State: Victoria Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No Longer Required Further information:

In excellent condition a pair of Australian Whatmough C11 bookshelf speakers - refer to photos.
      2 - way speaker, silk dome tweeter with 6.5inch woofer - front reflex port.
      Finish is a beautiful real wood veneer - Burnt Cherry.
      Sensitivity: 87db.

Grills in perfect condition, I've been running these in Bi-Wire but will require jumper cables if not bi-wiring.
      In general a very relaxing, smooth listen with a fairly neutral response, paired very well with a Marantz PM-17 amplifier.

A great testament to the work of local Colin Whatmough.

*Attached screen shot of  measured frequency response in my own room for reference - measured with a Blue Snowball MIC and REW.

Photos:

Thanks for looking.
    • By Jhsg
      Item Condition: Mint Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: PayPal or bank transfer Reason for selling: Upgrading Hi everyone 

I’m listing my pmc twenty5.23’s for sale as I’m upgrading.

I won’t be able to post them until next week but thought I’d throw them up now. I’m happy to take a small deposit and the full amount just prior to me sending them. Hopefully this gives people a little time to get cash together or sell other things to finance them. 

These speakers changed the game for me. They aren’t big but sound massive. I’ve honestly struggled to find any speakers under 10k (even some over 10k) that even come close. The sound staging is wide and pin point accurate, the sound is extremely balanced and rich and the lower frequencies are more than covered. They are also not fussy with amps or positioning so you can put them anywhere and get a great sound. These are widely regarded as the sweet spot in the pmc range. They also have a 20 year warranty from pmc. 

The speakers present in mint condition and have been well looked after. I have all the original packaging and happy to ship. 

I also have a matching PMC centre speaker if you’re keen on the bundle. Add $1500 if you want it. Otherwise I’m happy to keep it.  

Notes:

- free shipping is only to metro locations. Country or international buyers will need to pay difference between the cost of shipping to metro & their location - clause added as I got caught out with someone from Jakarta a few months ago.

- take 10% off for local pickup in Canberra. 

- buyer pays PayPal fees (+3%) or I’m happy to accept cash, bank transfer or trusted PayPal payment. 

Thanks.