Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga 4K UHD

1 minute ago, Monk said:

C'mon man, that did not look like a natural person in that shot.  

:(

THE whole star wars saga is not very "natural" monk :D have to use your imagination :D for some if not most of it .... has some how captured my imagination for quite some years ...right from as a kid sitting there in a theatre watching a string of yellow sentences flying into space ... :D 

Han shot first on LD and Luke had a girly scream when he found out Darth was his father .. then it all got cleaned up on BR..

10 hours ago, petetherock said:

Han shot first on LD and Luke had a girly scream when he found out Darth was his father .. then it all got cleaned up on BR..

Sorry not upto bit about questioning parentage :D

can assure PQ and SQ come long ways since LD :) 

I think the worst bit of star wars revisionism was in the last release of Star Wars IV, where when Obi Wan is chasing off the sand people and does basically a Benny Hill "WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA!!!". Oh my god that makes me cringe beyond believe at how stupid it sounds.

I was not going to get the 4K discs, but after reading everyone's positive comments on the pq and sound looks i will be.

Just need to wait for a JB sale.

25 minutes ago, Whites said:

I was not going to get the 4K discs, but after reading everyone's positive comments on the pq and sound looks i will be.

a sale will de/finitely come :) with EOFY at least, but they are due a sale. i bought the individual discs on ezydvds pre order deal which only ended up about $18? a disc ! the original box set I had my heart set on just way too expensive in comparison . JB if I remember did match it with a buy one get one free deal as well ? so be some bargains again am sure at some stage ...

There was a 20% off sale a couple of weeks ago.

On 18/04/2020 at 12:26 PM, carricube said:

Hello, there,

Could someone be so nice to take pictures of the back covers of the australian editions so I can confirm the availability of subtitles in Spanish on the 4K discs?

There seems to be a little bit of confusion around the web on this subject.

Thank you so much in advance.

Now that the activity is back on this topic, I'll try again. Perhaps asking for the pictures is asking too much, but could someone confirm that the 4k discs of the australian editions have SPANISH SUBTITLES? I don't care about Blu-rays, just the 4K discs. I can't fins any actual pictures of the back covers of the movies and some different info about the subject on different online shops.

Thank you so much in advance for your time.

Just now, carricube said:

Now that the activity is back on this topic, I'll try again. Perhaps asking for the pictures is asking too much, but could someone confirm that the 4k discs of the australian editions have SPANISH SUBTITLES? I don't care about Blu-rays, just the 4K discs. I can't fins any actual pictures of the back covers of the movies and some different info about the subject on different online shops.

hi carricube... everytime i watch one of these I forget to check :D will try remember for you next time... I am working way through series so can confirm re spanish for there on  ...

3 hours ago, carricube said:

All or just one or two? Checking discs for full info is pretty slow, even if you have a drive that can read them and software.

Which ones?

5 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

All or just one or two? Checking discs for full info is pretty slow, even if you have a drive that can read them and software.

Which ones?

I want to buy them all. I already own the USA edition of Episode VIII and SOLO. So I want to know the rest of them. But there's no need to even play the discs! I'll be more than happy if any of you check the info on the back cover cause I can't find any actual picture of the back covers.

23 minutes ago, carricube said:

I want to buy them all. I already own the USA edition of Episode VIII and SOLO. So I want to know the rest of them. But there's no need to even play the discs! I'll be more than happy if any of you check the info on the back cover cause I can't find any actual picture of the back covers.

looking at discs i have, i have them all, and all have spanish subtitles on the uhd discs. re sound tracks its only the english that is atmos the spanish is DD or DD plus 5.1 or 7.1 seems to vary by disc...

3 hours ago, betty boop said:

looking at discs i have, i have them all, and all have spanish subtitles on the uhd discs. re sound tracks its only the english that is atmos the spanish is DD or DD plus 5.1 or 7.1 seems to vary by disc...

Thank you so much for the info. Now I know I can buy both USA and Australian editions cause I only ask for spanish subtitles. Sadly, Disney does not publish any 4k discs in Spain, only Blu-rays.

On 19/05/2020 at 7:58 AM, Whites said:

JBs sale is on...buy one get one free so about $15 a pop for the star wars UHD discs... sale ends 24th may...

1 minute ago, betty boop said:

JBs sale is on...buy one get one free so about $15 a pop for the star wars UHD discs... sale ends 24th may...

Thanks @betty boop, awesome timing, that's going to save a bundle.

my starwars saga continues... binge watching empire strikes back....

which is possibly one of the favourite star wars movies... the initial settings in the snow, to the star ship fights.. and then yoda....

this like a new hope has come up really so well on uhd.. check out the hand scene... so amazing the detail for such an old movie... 

0I9A8803.jpeg

0I9A8818.jpeg

0I9A8819.jpeg

0I9A8820.jpeg

0I9A8831.jpeg

0I9A8836.jpeg

0I9A8840.jpeg

followed it up next night with return of the jedi...great movie... such a fun movie. as it closes it really has this feel that star wars should have ended there and there...

get to see jaba the hut close up, loved the dessert scene there with the fight as with the wookies in the forest, the speeder fights and chases. thinking about it ... its level pegging or close 2nd to a new hope and empire strikes back. gosh these old movies are so packed with charm....

the detail on this too is SO amazing. check out the "plastic tree tie" around Darth Vaders neck :D whose idea was that hehe

0I9A8940.jpeg

0I9A8944.jpeg

0I9A8956.jpeg

0I9A8960.jpeg

0I9A8963.jpeg

What......where’s the scenes with Princes Leia in her.....metal costume? 😜

1 minute ago, Addicted to music said:

What......where’s the scenes with Princes Leia in her.....metal costume? 😜

she is a bit too quick in her metal bikini to catch her sorry :D 

Why do I always see a resemblance of Darth Vadar and the front styling of some Toyota Vehicles.....:D

JB is having their 30% off discount today but the 4K Skywalker Saga boxset is always excluded from any of their deals. I have bought them all in BD and 4K before so for no good reason I just pick up their DVD boxset simply for the joy of collection in cheap. There is no bonus just movies itself. The box is very attractive and nicely made.    

swa.jpg

swc.jpg

swb.jpg

Well i absolutely loved the force awakens ! 

431652-Product-0-I-637183987244889819_10

going through the uhd collection. Am actually quite wowed by it ! I have actually seen this prior. but what made difference this time around ?. as am sure last time i watched it was a bit ho hum. but i loved this time around. the opening scenes jump straight in, the action, story line characters and  Rey is an excellent character as addition to this series. the scenery the settings. I can only think that it is this watching in sequence this time around thats put all pieces of puzzles together this time.  Id give this movie 8/10

Picture quality on this is an ABSOLUTE standout. Checking the IMDB full technical specs for this movie, gosh they have thrown all at it technically in cameras lenses etc used. with Arri alexa, imax, hasslebad lenses some arri raw at 2.8k and 4k processing and mastering. which is all to great end result with fantastic detail, colours etc. id give this for picture quality 9/10

For audio this is a stunner. right from opening scenes its enveloping and emersive way 3D audio is. punchy dynamic. sweeps you up into the movie keeping engaged. Its not to say there is one scene or anything its all ways through movie way audio is used. checking imdb again in tech specs and its native 12 track audio and it comes up a treat via 3D audio and atmos the uhd blu-ray comes with. I'd give this movie for audio 9/10 

0I9A8976.jpeg

0I9A8983.jpeg

0I9A8985.jpeg

0I9A8989.jpeg

0I9A8994.jpeg

0I9A9000.jpeg

0I9A9002.jpeg

I continued on my binge watching the saga with The last jedi last night

431653-Product-0-I-637183987845043712_10

Another one I really enjoyed...and more so than first time around. I do think its the context. great story with the characters that continue on from Force awakens. love the story line with the resistance on the run and skywalker needed for the rescue. It makes so much more sense this time around as well, following up swiftly after force awakens... Id give this movie 8/10

Technically they have thrown everything at this movie....and boy its come together as quite a thing. In picture I can't fault it. looking at imdb tech specs they have a plethora of cameras with arri alexa 65, imax, arri mini panaflex and quite a collection of panavission hasselblad lenses. in process there is a range of 2.8 to 3.4 to 6.5k all put through 4k processing which is great to see and again there i just feel this takes things forward again picture wise from force awakening. it still has a filmic look which is great they have stuck with but looks fantastic ! so much detail, literally pulls you in. and its rich contrasty punchy ! only hold a little back on picture because gosh am sure this will be improved upon further again but pretty close to perfection Picture Quality 9.5/10

audio, gosh again thrown all can at it...another one with 12 tracks natively with support for DTS-X and dolby. We get the full atmos effect on uhd 4k blu-ray its so immersive so pulls you in. punchy dynamic enveloping, all details done so well ! I really cant fault this Audio 9.5/10 

fantastic to see this again and has set me up well for the rise of Sky walker .... what will this bring on uhd. i havent seen it at the theatre ... so very much looking forward to it... hard act to follow after the last two movies that for sure....

some screen shots and dont really do justice to seeing in person, get heavily reduced uploading on the web have to be seen in person ! this is a WOW movie for the eyes ! really something to take in,

0I9A9011.jpeg

0I9A9013.jpeg

0I9A9016.jpeg

0I9A9021.jpeg

0I9A9024.jpeg

0I9A9031.jpeg

and the very last in the saga.... Rise of Skywalker 

like the previous two movies really enjoyed this, also tour de force in picture and audio.... this one is very much all about Rey.....and the fight with the dark side...

and some more secrets revealed....

It just leaves me wondering where to from here with the star wars series....

beautifully shot, mainly 35mm and 65mm i believe for source. and being film based expect to see some grain below shots give some indication. fantastic audio on this movie... atmos extraordinaire ....

0I9A9083.jpeg

0I9A9087.jpeg

0I9A9094.jpeg

0I9A9095.jpeg

and love the ending of the movie ... Rey .. who ? 

0I9A9098.jpeg

Picked up my original trilogy individually in the recent B1G1F minus extra discounts & voucher....worked out to ~$8 each.

With the decent reviews of the latest trilogy, I may grab those on the next sale.

But the prequels can be erased from memory imo, hence why I could never buy the 9 disc set...