Posted (edited)

Hi there , in comparison to Parasound a52+ (6000$), how is Rotel RMB 1585 cost $ 3850.

Elektra 5 channel cost $2900.

Which is value for money in above three amplifiers?

Is there other brand with at least 150w/ channel at 8 ohm 5 channels class AB with toroidal transformer spec's priced around $3000mark?

Parasound cost to high is that because of high current?

Thanks

Use: HT 5 channel using SVS Ultra setup

Room size: 5m*4m

Edited by SBM
Up

In USA Electra would cost more than Parasound. Higher price doesn't always mean better quality.

Listen to them, you won’t get a straight answer here, just bias. 

2 hours ago, Sime said:

Listen to them, you won’t get a straight answer here, just bias. 

Elektra was sold only in VIC and only one resellers across AU. Parasound is on order will be sourced to sell.

Rotel is the only one we can demo in big stores.

8 hours ago, SBM said:

Elektra was sold only in VIC and only one resellers across AU. Parasound is on order will be sourced to sell.

Rotel is the only one we can demo in big stores.

Not sure what that all means but all things being created equal using US  pricing as a more accurate guide for first comparison the Rotel and Parasound both retail for the same USD$2999.

Emotiva is another obvious brand with the specs you were after and are priced at USD$1599.

looking at your prices above the Elektra HD2 Is offering exceptional value and is highly regarded by many here as end game power for HT, maybe there might be an owner over your way you could lean on for experiences and a listen?

12 hours ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

Not sure what that all means but all things being created equal using US  pricing as a more accurate guide for first comparison the Rotel and Parasound both retail for the same USD$2999.

Emotiva is another obvious brand with the specs you were after and are priced at USD$1599.

looking at your prices above the Elektra HD2 Is offering exceptional value and is highly regarded by many here as end game power for HT, maybe there might be an owner over your way you could lean on for experiences and a listen?

Thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Luciano Milioli
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Wetherill Park State: New South Wales Payment Method: Paypal, Cash, EFT, other equipments... Reason for selling: Upgrade Working Great, this refined and powerfull amp is made in New Zealand by the well known Perreaux, a renowned maker of high quality, high-end audiophile audio.

There is only a small visual damage in the letter "R" (see picture), only visible if looking close. That is why the price is half of the same model on used market and 1/4 of a similar new one. 

I may accept small speakers or DAC to trade.

REgards,

Luciano

• By LachlanJM
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Hurstville Grove 2220 State: New South Wales Payment Method: COD Reason for selling: Upgraded Onkyo's flagship amplifier. Excellent condition, 3 years old. Selling because of an upgrade. Pickup only as I can't find the box anymore.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By ETknowsaudio
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: South Yarra State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, EFT, PayID Reason for selling: Studio changes (this ad is in a series of my very first posts here at StereoNET. I was drawn to this forum due to its high quality) 

Emotiva BasX A-100 headphone and speaker amplifier in excellent condition. 

Purchased from:  Klapp Audio
      Purchase condition: Brand new
      Usage: Light home studio use
      Warranty: 3 months remaining
      Operation: Fully functional 
      Mods: N/A

Included with sale:
      - BasX A-100 amplifier
      - Power cord
      - Warranty card 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Boaudio
      Item Condition: Exceptional. Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: North Melbourne/Kensington State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash or Pay I.D transfer Reason for selling: Ready to upgrade  
      Further information:  
      Hi guys,  currently ready to upgrade to a more powerful Rega amp, my Elicit-R is now up for sale, owned it for 2 years.  my most prized possession.
      Purchased from Carlton Audio Visual previously. 

• By Boaudio
      Item Condition: Exceptional. Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: North Melbourne/Kensington State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash Reason for selling: Ready to upgrade Further information:  
      Hi guys,  currently ready to upgrade to a more powerful Rega amp, 
      but my Elicit-R is now up for sale, owned it for 2 years.  my most prized possession.
      Purchased from Carlton Audio Visual previously. 

regards
      Beau