Qobuz Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

How did you sign up as a “local”?

I created a Qubuz account on the French site a couple of years ago - but never bothered setting up DNS to buy a subscription. 

This allowed me to sign into the Qobuz AU site and the payment options became available around 01/04 - I bought a Studio Premier subscription with the one month free trial.

I suspect anyone who has already created a Qobuz account could do the same.

However, per the @hammerharry post above, a lot of the Hi-res content won't become available until the official release in a week or so.  

The good news is that even CD quality material sounds better to me than the Tidal equivalents (or MQA).

• Like 4

Im in an interesting dilemma, i just checked my account and my annual subscription changes over on the 10th april (so tomorrow our time).  I say its interesting as it will deduct US dollars tomorrow.

Do I cancel it today so I can re subscribe next week once rolled out here OR keep it then change my location once rolled out.

It seems the location is not able to be changed unless you make contact with Qobuz customer service and request it, so its not as simple as just going into your profile and making the amendment.  I cant see them kicking up a fuss as its all money and subscriptions to them either way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 08Boss302 said:

Do I cancel it today so I can re subscribe next week once rolled out here OR keep it then change my location once rolled out..

The other option would be to change to a monthly subscription until you see which way the wind blows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tobes said:

The other option would be to change to a monthly subscription until you see which way the wind blows.

26 minutes ago, BugPowderDust said:

Just change to month to month payment. 

Thought of this, I would say it wont be an issue to switch my annual sub over.  Any difference in annual fee from USD to AUD i'd just pay but I cant see there being any refunds, a quick bit of math shows the US annual sub a few bucks infront of the AU sub.  Im more interested in the catalog though so for now i'll leave it as a US subscription and see what feedback on the aussie version is then switch.

• Like 1

On a similar tack, my Tidal subscription renews on 16/04.

I've synced my Favorites and playlists, as best as possible, in Qobuz using Soundiiz.

Can't see myself continuing with both services and Qobuz suits my listening preferences better - even though there is presently a small amount of my favorited content missing. 

Not an MQA fan either and would rather support a service providing genuine open source Hi-res.

Will be pulling the pin on Tidal before the renewal date - its been a good reliable service so hope Qobuz works out the same.   

• Like 3

Really interested in how they will market here in Australia and to which target audience. I would have thought they would at least have some offical presence here on SNA even prior to slated release. I am itching to move away from tidal and qobuz looks to be my next step. Or if Amazon HD ever comes here to aus. 

• Like 1

• Volunteer
1 hour ago, noddyc43 said:

Really interested in how they will market here in Australia and to which target audience. I would have thought they would at least have some offical presence here on SNA even prior to slated release. I am itching to move away from tidal and qobuz looks to be my next step. Or if Amazon HD ever comes here to aus. 

It really feels like they don't have a great marketing strategy or any strategy at all for that matter.

I'm itching to move away from tidal too and will give qobuz a go for sure, but it does annoy me that they just don't seem to care (and it annoys me more that I will still give them a go despite this…)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

It really feels like they don't have a great marketing strategy or any strategy at all for that matter.

I'm itching to move away from tidal too and will give qobuz a go for sure, but it does annoy me that they just don't seem to care (and it annoys me more that I will still give them a go despite this…)

Ah it all sounds so very French doesn’t it ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Yeah I wonder if they already know they may have keen interest and buy in from the "audio enthusiast" group like the SNAers from the get go and may target the wider general audience with the existence of the family plans from the start?

I wonder if they will go big fanfare release next week or low-key?

• Administrator

Let's not allow this to turn this into a Qobuz-hate thread. I don't think that benefits anyone when this will likely all be forgotten in less than a week?

• Like 3

• Volunteer
46 minutes ago, Marc said:

Let's not allow this to turn this into a Qobuz-hate thread. I don't think that benefits anyone when this will likely all be forgotten in less than a week?

Agree Marc. While I was expressing frustration at marketing, I am really looking forward to getting my hands on qobuz and will very happily give them my money if it’s as good as I expect it to be. 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone want to try a library comparison for Australia vs USA on launch? 

we could use Soundiiz to convert a big playlist from Spotify or similar and compare the hit rates on the USA and Australian instances of Qobuz. 

it might be handy to help people understand if moving away from an international instance is a good idea or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marc said:

I'm online with an Australian account now.

Now that is music to my ears (not even hi-res)! I say this as the OP...

One waits with bated breath--poised to subscribe.

Thanks again to all interested parties who originally tried to simplify things for me. 

• Like 2