Qobuz Discussion Thread

Good to know it will be available next week, but the anticipation is quelled by how they've handled the launch. I'm on their email list after looking into getting it many months ago. You'd think they'd be hyping up the launch in Australia, but there hasn't been a single mention of it. Perhaps location isn't attached to email subs, but unless you search for it, you wouldn't even know about Qobuz, let alone it coming here. They mustn't like money...

• Volunteer
1 hour ago, Marc said:

It's still the preferred platform for me, but this launch has been poorly handled.

couldn't agree more.

I've had a ridiculous email conversation with them in which they've invited me to "stay in touch" and not to worry about the sign-in process that doesn't let you sign in because "if you already have an account with Qobuz, it will be much easier for you to subscribe when our service is fully available."

Of course you can't "already have an account' because you can't sign up. 

Perhaps there's a language barrier, but they really completely failed to see that what they were suggesting made no sense at all 

Edited by sir sanders zingmore
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

couldn't agree more.

I've had a ridiculous email conversation with them in which they've invited me to "stay in touch" and not to worry about the sign-in process that doesn't let you sign in because "if you already have an account with Qobuz, it will be much easier for you to subscribe when our service is fully available."

Of course you can't "already have an account' because you can't sign up. 

Perhaps there's a language barrier, but they really completely failed to see that what they were suggesting made no sense at all 

They generally seem on the ball over on the AudiophileStyle forums, even Sebastian in France seems heavily involved, maybe its the local talent they've employed that's the problem!

6 hours ago, 08Boss302 said:

I am not an invited tester. I've had Qobuz for about 12months and gained it using a VPN.  Will switch to local version of Qobuz once rolled out providing artist/song database is equal to the US version...which I would assume/hope it will be. 

@08Boss302 if I'm reading you correctly you're testing for Qobuz with your continued VPN setup?

Or are you using your current account without VPN for testing?

If so, have you tried Roon with Qobuz and does it work for you?

17 minutes ago, Tobes said:

@08Boss302 if I'm reading you correctly you're testing for Qobuz with your continued VPN setup?

Or are you using your current account without VPN for testing?

If so, have you tried Roon with Qobuz and does it work for you?

Gday @Tobes

Neither mate, I joined Qobuz using a VPN a year or so ago and once I joined the VPN was no longer required so I'm just a user of Qobuz... much like I am Spotify.

I don't have a Roon setup so cannot make comment there.  I use Qobuz via my Bluesound Node 2i and it's BluOs app, desktop PC & mobile phone.

1 minute ago, 08Boss302 said:

Neither mate, I joined Qobuz using a VPN a year or so ago and once I joined the VPN was no longer required so I'm just a user of Qobuz... much like I am Spotify.

@08Boss302 I wonder if you're seeing different content to me then.

There is a play list called something like "best of 24/192" but everything appears in CD quality to me.

Hi- res, 24/44 and above, seems pretty thin.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tobes said:

@08Boss302 I wonder if you're seeing different content to me then.

There is a play list called something like "best of 24/192" but everything appears in CD quality to me.

Hi- res, 24/44 and above, seems pretty thin.

I just did a quick search for the playlist and I think you are refrring to this one?  I am playing a few songs from it now and its definately 24/192

Capture222.thumb.JPG.9b51328ab96597b42202530ede9ee6fa.JPG

Not to sound condescending but have you selected the Hi-Res option in your settings?  This is a screen shot from my desktop but you need to do this with each device.

The reason I say this is because when I first started streaming via the BlueSound Node 2i and I used either my Denafrips Ares II or Oppo 205 DAC I could see that I was not really getting much more than CD qaulity but I went into the settings on the BluOs app and enabled 24/192 and then the magic happened.

Maybe check your profile settings ... it could be default on 16/44?

Capture123.JPG.91c24446d2986edab704af53ffe27d0c.JPG

Yes, that was the play list.

Definitely have my profile set to highest 24/192 setting.

Some material is available to  me in 24/192, so that feature is working, but the above playlist was CD quality for me as if last night ( the tracks I tried).

Some small labels, ACT comes to mind, have a lot of available hi- res content.

Hopefully things change for me next week.

That is odd. I am 10 songs into it - Eagles New Kid In Town currently playing and I've checked each track as its been playing and most certianly is showing as 24/192.

Nice playlist actually, very very different to my normal tunes but I know all the songs and my wife seems to be enjoying it...

Footy starts soon so that'll change hahah!

2 minutes ago, Tobes said:

This classical release is in 24/192 for me - so I know I can stream at that rate:

1078105286_ScreenShot2021-04-09at6_49_28pm.png.07cace3b684c83117ea068c0299d23a9.png

I am at a loss as to why that would be happening.

Maybe log out and log back in completely?  I'd be trying all that kind of stuff and seeing if helps.

Just now, 08Boss302 said:

I am at a loss as to why that would be happening.

Maybe log out and log back in completely?  I'd be trying all that kind of stuff and seeing if helps.

I've logged out and back in several times since starting the service.

My main machine in a M1 Mac Mini, but I've also tried via a Windows laptop. No go. 

1 minute ago, Tobes said:

So that seems to confirm that you're accessing different content.

Wonder what will be available on the general release date?

What is the signal path in Roon showing, is the source hi-res?

5 minutes ago, Tobes said:

So that seems to confirm that you're accessing different content.

Wonder what will be available on the general release date?

No idea.

You seem to be the only one that has accessed the Australian version to this point - thats commented on here anyway.

Mine is US, I know there was SnA member earlier in this thread that had tried UK and USA version, I asked if there was any noticeable difference in catalog etc but never got a response.

We'll know pretty soon I guess.

Maybe I wont switch until I can see confirmation here that Hi-Res is accessible to the same content?????

...unless its a Roon thing in which case I wont be affected.

Edited by 08Boss302
added sentence

1 minute ago, awayward said:

What is the signal path in Roon showing, is the source hi-res?

Qobuz won't work for me in Roon (see comment above), I have been using the Qobuz app.

I check what I'm playing back via my Benchmark DAC and it confirms the same thing - i.e playing back in the resolution indicated by the Qobuz app. 

9 hours ago, Marc said:

Yep, agreed. I actually got in trouble for what I had already said in here. I also pitched numerous times that we need to get SN members onboard, using the service prior to launch to spread the word. We offered to run some competitions for subscriptions and more. The launch is still next week in Sydney, but since my little argument about the launch date already being in the public domain - I've had radio silence. While I had planned to travel to the launch at my own expense and provide editorial coverage, I'm not sure I will now.

It's still the preferred platform for me, but this launch has been poorly handled.

Cold shoulder now then all smiles when they want to set up a dedicated Quobuz thread on SNA.

Lol.

1 hour ago, Tobes said:

Yes, that was the play list.

Definitely have my profile set to highest 24/192 setting.

Some material is available to  me in 24/192, so that feature is working, but the above playlist was CD quality for me as if last night ( the tracks I tried).

Some small labels, ACT comes to mind, have a lot of available hi- res content.

Hopefully things change for me next week.

I’m streaming that playlist in 24/192 through Roon right now without any hassles. 

59AF8A59-C35E-4F2A-A75A-1FEEB2B2B4B2.png

4 minutes ago, BugPowderDust said:

I’m streaming that playlist in 24/192 through Roon right now without any hassles. 

59AF8A59-C35E-4F2A-A75A-1FEEB2B2B4B2.png

Did you sign up to Qobuz Aus recently or did already have an account a working account with Qoboz elsewhere?

36 minutes ago, BugPowderDust said:

Look about 2 pages back in this thread for when I did it. I laid out the instructions to repeat for all to follow then.

I’m registered through the USA, not locally.

Yeah, I'm a local sign up so that confirms we're looking at different content.

See Roon is working for you, so seems my issue is some form of geo blocking (for Roon that is).

Edited by Tobes

Have been logged in for about a week now on a local account, no VPN, payment method set up but HiRes is hit and miss with most files playing at 44.1kpbs only.

Was advised by Qobuz that will change once official start up takes place.

Edited by hammerharry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1