Anthem MRX 720 Video Issue.

Hi all,

I've got an Anthem MRX-720 and it has an intermittent issue where it seems to either switch/lose video for about 1/2 a second to 1 second.  It happens every 10 or 15 seconds for a couple of minutes and then resolves itself.

Does anyone know what might cause this?  It's very annoying when I'm watching sport in particular and the cables are all up to date and plugged in correctly.

I've updated the firmware and it hasn't fixed the issue.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tim.

It sounds like a faulty hdmi link.  What is the brand of the cable and how long is it?  Can you try another hdmi cable?  If the problem persists, it could be a hdmi handshake issue.

I've got the cables new late last year from EzyHD and they seem to be good quality.  I will try another one and see.

If I switch it off and back on, it seems to rectify the issue as well.  I just want to see if there's a permanent fix for it.

1 minute ago, Timos said:

I've got the cables new late last year from EzyHD and they seem to be good quality.  I will try another one and see.

If I switch it off and back on, it seems to rectify the issue as well.  I just want to see if there's a permanent fix for it.

EzyHD HDMI cables are good (I have them) but please check with another cable. Also try using an alternate HDMI port of MRX 720.  New is not a reliable indicator because it is easy to damage the pins.

If problem persists, then it is likely a HDMI handshake issue. Can you please check and post the HDMI version for both the  MRX 720 and the projector/TV .  Check whether you can set HDMI version on both the MRX 720 and projector/TV. Ideally they should be matching. and later versions are supposed to be backward compatible.

• Like 2

Guest thathifiguy
1 hour ago, Timos said:

I only run my Foxtel, AppleTV and Xbox  and I've only noticed it from the Foxtel source, which I also run free to air through.

This is somewhat telling. 

What is the output from the Foxtel box and which HDMI input is it connected to on the receiver?

Guest thathifiguy

I would be looking at the Foxtel box, and HDMI cable connected from it to the Avr, almost certainly one of these is the culprit in this situation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/03/2020 at 1:27 PM, Timos said:

So I re ran all the HDMI cables after unplugging them all.  The problem seems to be resolved.

Thanks for all the help.  Hopefully this is the end of the issue!

Tim.

I hope so, but I'm guessing it won't be. I have this problem periodically with my 1120 and foxtel IQ4. It's a pain, but only fixed with hard reset of IQ4. 

Which TV are you using, because my 9400E Sony also adds to this.