Sign in to follow this  
Hi-Fi Whipped

WITHDRAWN: FS: NAD C658 BluOS Streaming DAC with Dirac Live

Posted (edited)
Price: $
Item Condition: As New
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Sunshine Coast
State: Queensland
Payment Method: Paypal+3%, Bank Transfer, Cash on Collection
Reason for selling: Great Product, it's just me!

Can Ship to most cities for $30.00

Further information: 

RRP$2599

3 weeks old, AS NEW Impeccable condition with all accessories most still in the plastic, suit new buyers.

You can see my posts in the owners thread about how I found the C658 in use. But basically this thing is extremely powerful, Dirac is a game changer for sure and it seamlessly integrated my subs with my fronts which was the main reason I purchased it, so that box was ticked.

For years I have listened to my music without any eq or bass or treble, I've been all about tweaking placement of speakers etc. to get the most out of my gear.

The eq capabilities on this thing are insane, you seriously feel like you have your own recording studio,  you can tweak the sound to within an inch of its life which for some would be heaven, but for me its made me a little obsessive compulsive! I know for a fact that if I invested more time in getting the sound right I would definitely get there but given where I've come from I'm making a gut call early and going back to the basics. What that is I'm not entirely sure at this stage but will see if this gets snapped up and go from there.

Anyone that's ever brought things from me knows I look after my gear probably better than my kids so be assured this unit is in impeccable condition, not a mark on it, and comes from a smoke free home.

WARRANTY - Balance of 2 year warranty (Owned for 3 weeks) will be transferred to new owner.

Link to the SNA Owners Thread: 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.ell 

IMG_0148.thumb.jpg.151793f2eb1c1a801726ec0739e4553a.jpg

Edited by Hi-Fi Whipped

This is a very nice streamer/DAC/Preamp and own one myself, very happy with the sound.

GLWS

I am very happy with mine and This is a bargain for almost New Unit....GLWTS Dean.

did you upgrade to the full dirac and if so - is that also easily transferable ?

Just now, Lil Caesar said:

did you upgrade to the full dirac and if so - is that also easily transferable ?

Yes I did mate and unfortunately doesn't appear to be transferable, but I'm sure we may be able to work out a way for the new purchaser to trial it on my account??

Would need to look into it.

HiFi Whipped,

Check out my idea of room correction. In my mind you're a legend. GLWS.

1583470148434941819162.jpg

15834701842781982007928.jpg

@djmt each to their own mate, I reckon thats why they invented Dirac though! 

Wouldn't want to knock those speakers over getting a glass of water in the middle of the night!

1 hour ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

But basically this thing is extremely powerful

Do you have to use this as a pre amp for dirac to come into play or can it be used with my pre amp?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Hazzzy said:

Do you have to use this as a pre amp for dirac to come into play or can it be used with my pre amp?

Can be either. I used it as a DAC with fixed volume output into my AVR, others use it as a standalone DAC/Pre and use the Variable volume of the Nad to control a power amp.

Sorry, when I said "powerful" I meant feature packed!

Edited by Hi-Fi Whipped

WHAT THE ??? :cry: 😢 

1 hour ago, Hazzzy said:

Hi Hazzy ,

I am using mine as a Streamer only  into my ATC Pre with fixed Volume as Dean said above....

2 hours ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

Yes I did mate and unfortunately doesn't appear to be transferable, but I'm sure we may be able to work out a way for the new purchaser to trial it on my account??

Would need to look into it.

Change the password and get buyer to login using your email.

Worse case, buyer has to fork out USD100 but buyer is already ahead for a 1 week old unit.  GLWTS...

19 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Change the password and get buyer to login using your email.

If it’s that easy the value just went up another AUD$150 and my asking price will remain the same!

Have confirmed that the balance of 2 year Warranty is transferable to the new owner.

Open to offers

Believe me I'd love to take this but aside from the SWMBO issue (which i could handle) there is now the stockmarket in free fall so Hi-Fi has to wait.

On 09/03/2020 at 10:00 AM, Lil Caesar said:

Believe me I'd love to take this but aside from the SWMBO issue (which i could handle) there is now the stockmarket in free fall so Hi-Fi has to wait.

Stock market bouncing back and a price drop of $100 to $1880, you are way ahead compared to just 48hrs ago surely! 😁

karma is against me.  The dog is now recovering from a severe ear infection which required sedation.  Disposable income is now at a premium 😔.

7 minutes ago, Lil Caesar said:

karma is against me.  The dog is now recovering from a severe ear infection which required sedation.  Disposable income is now at a premium 😔.

Oh no sorry to hear!

I noted in the pics you have the fixed volume level set at 0db which is way above the -20db recommended setting. 0db will introduce some pretty nasty distortion levels. Just a thought. 

15 minutes ago, Mpr_65 said:

I noted in the pics you have the fixed volume level set at 0db which is way above the -20db recommended setting. 0db will introduce some pretty nasty distortion levels. Just a thought. 

Yeh I took the pic after I’d calibrated, adjusted the volume to suit before listening, so no distortion.

This advertisement has been withdrawn or the offer has expired.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zakblue
      Item Condition: Excellent (with light mark on top panel as pictured) Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Balwyn State: Victoria Payment Method: Cash, Paypal, EFT Reason for selling: No Longer Required Further information:

Comes with box and all accessories (remote, calibration mic, manual)
      Happy to ship Australia wide through Interparcel.
      PM for further details.

• By MikeTangoSierra
      Item Condition: Very Good Condition Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Thornbury State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: A merge of two households Further information: 
      NAD Masters series M10 BluOS streaming amplifier.  (RRP is $4499)   I have owned this amplifier since October 2019, and it is a joy to use. Sound quality and the BluOS operating system leave Sonos for dust, and it is flexible and granular in its search capabilities of your own music library.  BluOS is currently rated to support libraries of over 200,000 tracks, which is a hell of a lot of albums. Having Airplay2 and Bluetooth is very useful, and if you have Bluetooth headphones, the M10 supports listening to them via two-way aptX HD. Having MQA decoding on-board is a fantastic way to get the most out of Tidal Masters. It's a lot of fun to compare CD to Hi-Res Audio versions of the same recordings, and listen for the improvements.   The M10 is a mighty amplifier, using NAD's Hybrid Digital nCore high-end technology (as seen in other NAD high-end Masters series amplifiers), and has won many product-of-the-year awards. This is the hot amplifier on the market right now, and has been incredibly well-designed. The choice of screens to use on the front display is a great touch. NAD have a nice page on the design of the M10 here:  https://nadelectronics.com/behind-the-design-of-the-nad-m10/   A datasheet can be found here:  https://nadelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/NAD-M10-Data-Sheet-1.pdf   I am regretfully selling as part of a merge of two households. The amp is in very good condition, and I'm happy to answer any questions on it.     The following text is from NAD's website:  https://nadelectronics.com/product/m10-bluos-streaming-amplifier/   The audio world has shifted. Where once available solely on discs, the best quality of music is now delivered over the internet. Not only does it sound better, but entire catalogues of recorded music are more accessible than ever before. Curated playlists make music selection and discovery easy and fun, while multi-room wireless audio multiplies the possibilities. The NAD Masters M10 combines all of this goodness with state-of-the-art amplification to make it an all-in-one solution that will transport you to your favourite musical destination.   MUSIC MEANT TO BE HEARD, NOT SEEN The NAD M10 represents a new kind of high-end audio system that is luxurious and smart, but very discreet. It can perform the same functions that once required a rack full of components and in many ways is superior. The elegant form factor takes up very little space and can even be hidden away, but the beautiful design and colourful display will encourage you to place the M10 front and centre. BluOS Streaming Amplifier HybridDigital nCore Amplifier Continuous Power: 100W into 8/4 Ohms Dynamic Power: 160W into 8 Ohms / 300W into 4 Ohms 32-BIT/384kHz ESS Sabre DAC 1GHz ARM® CORTEX A9 Processor Dirac Live Room Correction* Supports MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) decoding Hi-Res Audio certified Colour TFT display, with Gorilla Glass Supports Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant Voice Control Skills AirPlay 2 Integration Supports Siri Voice Assistant via AirPlay 2 Two-way Qualcomm aptX HD Bluetooth (i.e. listen on Bluetooth headphones) NFC Bluetooth pairing for compatible smart devices BluOS multi-room compatible (up to 64 zones) Gigabit Ethernet HDMI eARC, sends TV audio to M10 via single HDMI cable USB Type A Input Stereo Line Inputs x 2 Coaxial & Optical Digital Inputs Preamp Output Dual Mono Subwoofer Outputs IR Input, 12V Trigger Out Apps for iOS, Android, Mac OS, Windows, Crestron, Control4, RTI, URC, Elan, Lutron, iPort, Push Wide variety of premium music services supported in App, including Amazon, Spotify, Tidal, TuneIn, Deezer, Qobuz and many others  
      *The M10 includes a license for Dirac Live with the option for advanced users to upgrade to a Dirac Live Full Frequency version.
        If shipping is required, I will send with Australia Post Standard. I do not have the original carton, but I do have all accessories, and will package the amplifier very securely. I can quote on the shipping cost based on your location.  

• By Dbuns
      Item Condition: 10/10 Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: Cash, EFT Reason for selling: Upgraded and no longer require It was purchased December 2018, so it is a little over a year old now. Still plenty of Warranty left on it. Has not had much use it was driving 4 ATMOS speakers. Upgraded my receiver so no longer require the power amp.

It is in perfect condition, coming from a smoke free home. No scratches or dents to be seen.

Comes with all original paperwork.

Unfortunately a demo is not available in the current virus circumstances. I can however provide a video of fully functioning amp.

The CI 940 has 4 channels of clean low distortion power set up in a 2 stereo zone configuration. Boasting 35 watts of continuous power per channel, the CI 940 is designed to drive low impedance speakers and long wire runs. Vanishingly low distortion and near absence of noise allow the music to emerge from a ‘black’ background that enhances stereo perspective and allows the subtle details of the music to be heard clearly.

Four channels of clean, low distortion power set up in two stereo zone configuration 35W x 4 @ 8 Ohms/4 Ohms 70W x 2 @ 8 Ohms in Bridge Mode Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.
    • By Abe Khamis
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: Castle Hill State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal Reason for selling: Upgraded Further information:  
      Purchased from another member and used primarily as a DAC. This was my first upgraded CD player since first buying one in the 80's. CD's sounded so good that I've since upgraded to a Yamaha CD Player.

The unit performs well and has fantastic reviews not only as a CD player but also a DAC with separate optical inputs.

Includes all original packaging, and remote control that is still in its plastic wrapper.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By glennb
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Essendon State: Victoria Payment Method: EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:  Last of the HT room clear out is the NAD T175 HD surround processor which I've owned since new (RRP of $4,000 at the time). Full working order and has been the reliable centre piece of the HT room for many years. Comes with brand new HTR 8 learning remote control, audyssey Mic and power cable.

Only known issue is that is has some crackling and popping and odd volume output when using the volume knob on the front (typical of a lot of NAD gear apparently). Using the remote volume control though it's fine. 

This model (and serial number) is suitable for the VM300 4k passthrough MDC upgrade as well as the AM230 for Dolby Atmos 11.2 outputs if you wanted to create a 4K Atmos NAD surround processor for a bargain price!

Features:
      Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and Sigma Designs advanced VXP video processing
      7.2 Channel output (2 sub outs)
      Audyssey MultiEQ XT room correction
      Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ
      4 HDMI Inputs, 1 HDMI Out (HDMI 1.3)

Photos: