Ruark Talisman Floorstanders (England)

Price: $650
Item Condition: Good
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.
Suburb or Town: Panania Sydney
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: cash
Reason for selling: Try BBC Type Monitors

Hard to Find .Really nice Rosewood Front Baffles. In good shape for age..

These smallish floorstanders are Fast, Detailed and Agile with great Pace, Rhythm and Timing if that is important to you.. Will get your toes tapping. Nice with Jazz , Vocals, Midrange based stuff.. Give em a miss if Death Metal is your bag.. 165mm and 25mm tweeter.

These were not cheap when new... The other 'Hot Button' to own these is that they sound particularly good at lower volumes  (late at night listening) so you don't  need them turned up loud to get them going

Most welcome  to demonstrate to the Curious.

The White NHT( Now Hear This SuperOnes) Standmounts will be listed soon.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

20200305_155107.jpg

20200305_154211.jpg

20200305_155305.jpg

20200305_154946.jpg

20200305_155039.jpg

20200305_154901.jpg

20200305_154934.jpg

20200305_155106.jpg

Edited by bryansamui
Change description

These take me back. UK best mate previously owned the same rosewood Ruark Talismans driven by Tag mackaren amps and then later by valve amps.

The detail & PRT amazing and for the size could hold their own with the best. Bass was well articulate and controlled

GLWTS    

Edited by crustycottage
  • Like 1

Thanks for the plug Crusty Cottage. Listening to Bill Evans Trio (Waltz for Debby Album) as i write this. Live intimate Jazz recording.. Can hear the wine glasses clinking and the String Bass sounds Spectacular. Like being at the Show.. The Ruarks showcases the Jazz Stuff really well and organically. 

These are absolutely great with Classical music too!  Their PRaT performance is up there with the best and leave some *modern* speakers standing..

Had a pair of these many years ago and they were given to my daughter who's still enjoy them. Someone will be pleasantly surprised with these.

Best of luck with the sale.

Thanks Arthur K for the Plug.. No interest so far.. Am i way 'off the pace' with my asking price? Seemed like a good buy relative to what you, d pay new..... Maybe I'm in 'LaLa Land'?.. Market Soft?.. Corona Virus? 

4 minutes ago, bryansamui said:

Thanks Arthur K for the Plug.. No interest so far.. Am i way 'off the pace' with my asking price? Seemed like a good buy relative to what you, d pay new..... Maybe I'm in 'LaLa Land'?.. Market Soft?.. Corona Virus? 

Sometimes you just need to be patient.

On 08/03/2020 at 10:46 AM, bryansamui said:

No, not at all you're not in "la la land" Lol!

This price won't buy you anything new that is even close to the Ruarks.

Besides, in the condition they are, they qualify as collectors items.

Thanks Arthur... Time flys by.. I really hadn't thought of them as being old.. Crossovers  are still spot on as are the drivers.. You can mass load the Ruarks  with sand too, albeit i have never found the need. Enough bass for me

Edited by bryansamui