SOLD: FS: Stirling LS3/6 BBC speakers with stands

Guest Genesis56

Guest Genesis56
SOLD
Price: $3500
Item Condition: Used - mint condition
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Goulburn
State: New South Wales
Payment Method: Paypal or cash on pickup
Reason for selling: Buying active loudspeakers

Further information: 

I have for sale a pair of Stirling LS3/6 BBC broadcast monitors in stunning English Oak finish.  These speakers are in absolutely mint condition - less than a year old.  The speakers are sold with a pair of Something Solid Stands.  All original packaging and boxes are included in the sale.  The first two images are sourced from a dealer and the final three images are of the actual speakers.  They were posted from Stirling Broadcast in the UK on 31/8/2019 and on arrival in Australia were unpacked and placed on the stands.  Prior to repacking, 3 x images were taken (not for selling purposes and are thus of not great quality) and then they were repacked soon after.  They have remained sealed in their original shipping boxes since then.  I can unpack them for a genuine prospective buyer who can personally examine the speakers prior to parting with their hard earned money. 

I have included some pics of the actual speakers out of the box and repacked.   

THE GRILLS HAVE NEVER BEEN TAKEN OFF THESE SPEAKERS - They have been kept as they arrived fresh from the factory. The English Oak finish is awesome.

Australian retail price for the speakers is $7990.  The Something Solid speaker stands are valued at around $700 - so the grand total would be well over $8000 retail.  I will consider offers over $3500 for both speakers and stands together.

The speakers ship in 4 x packages totaling 66 kg.  Courier to Sydney will be around $120.  Anywhere else I will negotiate with the buyer.

Stirling Broadcast says:

Built under license from the BBC the Stirling Broadcast LS3/6 Reference Loudspeaker is a 3-way loudspeaker designed by Derek Hughes to be as close to the original BBC LS3/6 specification as possible with modern components.We have taken advantage of the greater consistency and linearity of modern drive units and use a very high quality crossover to mesh the custom made drive units, including a super-tweeter, into thin wall (9mm), damped construction,birch plywood cabinets finished in pair matched wood veneer with a matt lacquer finish. The cabinets utilise double thickness rubber damping pads to tame cabinet wall resonances and foam for internal standing wave dampening. The cabinets feature screw-on, removable front and rear panels as per the BBC "lossy" cabinet design ideal. Our version of the LS3/6 offers greater power-handling than the original, with a smoother frequency response, much lower coloration and better dispersion.The LS3/6 was listed as a Stereophile Class B speaker for 2014 and they summed them up with “the LS3/6 produced a natural, compelling sound, with a good sense of space and an especially warm, rich, textured midrange - Heartily recommended”. Robert E Green of The Absolute Sound said “To say that I like and admire the LS3/6 is to understate the case. This speaker seems to me a true realization of a dream that many audiophiles have held for a long time: a modern (and available) speaker with the unique virtues of the Spendor BC-1/ BBC LS3/6”. The LS3/6 comes with our standard 5 year warranty on the drive units and crossovers.

Power handling:

90w continuous, 150w short term, IEC268

Max sound level:

107dB, pair @2m

Input impedance:

8ohm nominal

Input connections:

Bi-wire, 4mm terminals (plugs/wires to 4mm cross sectional area)

Frequency response:

45Hz to 18kHz +/-3dB (on HF axis @1m)

Crossover frequencies:

3kHz, 13kHz

Sensitivity:

87dB/1watt/1m

Cabinet details:

Reflex loaded. 303mm (w) x 303mm (d) x 638mm (h)

Weight:

18.5kg (shipping weight 26kg each)

Veneers available:

Cherry, Walnut, Zebrano, Ebony, Rosewood

Photos:

$_57.PNG?set_id=8800005007

$_57.PNG?set_id=8800005007

$_57.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Guest Genesis56

Thanks, Dave.

I didn't listen to them for very long.  An (expensive) active loudspeaker option came up and I'm currently waiting for delivery.  If the new speakers weren't so costly, I'd keep the Stirlings.

Edwin

I'm up to my ears in speakers unfortunately.  ?

I may however, be able to assist with free transport if it fits in with one of my regular Melbourne/Sydney trips. I'm also off to Adelaide in about 24 hours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Genesis56

t_mike, you are very kind.  Hopefully a stereonet member will take advantage of a bargain.

I promise I will upload pics of my new arrival(s) - due in about 6 weeks.

Edited by Genesis56
spelling