Price: $1500
Item Condition: Decent to good. Some wear and tear and scratches.
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: melbourne
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Cash on pickup. Paypal
Reason for selling: Surplus, no longer needed.

This preamp needs no full introduction as it is one of the best tube dht preamps you can buy for its money so I’ll jump straight into the specifics. I’m the 3rd owner, the unit has had some TLC done to it. All resistors changed on the CCS boards, HT PSU etc where necessary. The cheap crappy CCS trimpots have been changed with US made Precision 10 turn 1k pots so forget about jumpy measurements with the default pots which are inaccurate. All electrolytic capacitors bypassed with poly and metalised films where necessary. Some boards cleaned up a bit but I’ll still be adding some final touches to it today (mainly just dressing it up and cleaning the internals). 

I have 3 Tram 2 preamps and will also be listing another unit later on.

Lovely dht sound. Dead quiet. 

The Tram 2 comes with a pair Of Sylvania 45’s, 2 x 5U4G rectifiers and 2 x 6AS7G tubes. Also comes with original remote which I never used it may need to be programmed.  All tubes tested strong to NOS readings on my AVO vcm mk2.

IMG_20191217_225736.thumb.jpg.e19b44f0b79810da26c4bb46ec58a7a6.jpg

IMG_20191217_225715.thumb.jpg.17e9ebd6b49dcd40bf2d6e1fd40d655e.jpg

IMG_20191217_224115.thumb.jpg.13a2a2295445a79d7a531f09e44b044c.jpg

IMG_20191217_224104.thumb.jpg.9952b903b7df0840ead21a0da5596454.jpg

01F2E396-189D-4009-BA4E-45A83E7EE478.thumb.jpeg.45092a019b1b8b39642de3a934da93d7.jpeg

Edited by F18
  • Like 1

Hmm, I spent so much time working on that one. First gen from memory. Good luck with the sale. I can bet that Alan will buy it back from you. :) 

1 hour ago, Decky said:

Hmm, I spent so much time working on that one. First gen from memory. Good luck with the sale. I can bet that Alan will buy it back from you. :) 

This wasn't Alans.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lovetube
      Item Condition: Very good Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Keilor Downs State: VIC Payment Method: Cash or Transfer Reason for selling: Clearing Dad's stuff Further information:
      Fidelity Research FR 12 tonearm, which as been stored in its box.
      Don't think my father ever got to use this after he bought it, so everything comes in its original box (no owners manual). 
      Please PM for any queries and pickup only (after lockdown, of course) 

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved You understand that a reasonable donation for selling fees is expected upon successful sale of your item
      - if you have previously sold items and not made a donation, your advertisement may not be approved.

• By Prana69
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Mordialloc State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup etc Reason for selling: NLR Further information:
      This is a great CD player that has been the staple in my shed system for many years. Never missed a beat. Sounds great and well built.

The ESD line are very well regarded spinners.

In excellent all round condition, the only cosmetic blemishes being the previous owner's surname engraved on the top LHS (not the faceplate, thank dog!) and some pitting on the metal top.

Has Optical output too.

Original remote control included.

Happy to ship at your expense.

Questions welcome.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Prana69
      Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Mordialloc State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Rationalising Further information:

I've owned this amp for a few years and it has always brought a smile to my face. It looks stunning and sounds amazing. Crazy amount of power on tap (110w into 8 ohms / 130 into 6).

Side panels are custom made with high gloss Jarrah varnish - they really add to the presentation of this amp.

There is a bit of pitting on the top of the amp, but a light sand and re-spray will make it look great. Minor marks on the faceplate include a small visible scratch to the top left of the Function Selector knob, and another scratch above and to the left of the Denon logo. 

It is a hefty 18kgs and includes coax and optical digital line inputs.

MM and MC phono inputs.

I've listened to this amp alongside the similar era and specced Sony TA-F700ES, and the Denon kills it for finesse, control and presentation.

Pretty rare in Australia too. The original sale price in Japan was the equivalent of $1900 today.

Happy to ship at your expense.

Questions welcome.

Audio Database entry

DaveR

Photos:

• By Prana69
      Item Condition: Very Good Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Mordialloc State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

This is a really nice tuner from Pioneer's 1979-1982 fluoroscan series.  It is super sensitive, picking up FM signals with just speaker wire. There are a few minor marks on the faceplate, but the pictures make them look worse than they are.  The AM antenna is intact.

If you own a 508, 608 or 708 amp, this tuner looks great alongside them.  I've included a net picture as an example.

Note: The Denon tuner in the picture is available in a separate listing.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved

• By Prana69
      Item Condition: VGC Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: Mordialloc State: VIC Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: NLR Further information:

This is a sweet little Denon tuner from around 1979-80 which was produced to match the SA-3900 amp. These units are very rare, and different from other Denon units of the same era - note the different logo and fonts on the faceplate.

This tuner has a few scratches around the power switch, but all lights and the VU meters work. The tuner section is decent and will pick up stations with just bare speaker wire. The AM antenna is intact.

There's some info on The Vintage Knob about the 3900 pair.
      SA-3900 & ST-3900

Note: the Pioneer TX-608 tuner is available in a separate listing.

Photos:

PLEASE READ