Sign in to follow this  
SBM

ELEKTRA HD2 3 CHANNEL POWER AMPLIFIER

Hi There,

I am looking for a 3 channel power amplifier to use with LCR of Home Theatre.

Was think about used Emotiva XPA 3 Gen 1 or 2 amp. But as power amplifier will last longer decided to buy new so can own longer time.

Heard great about ELEKTRA HD2 3 CHANNEL POWER AMPLIFIER. For $2700 RRP.

Does anyone know how good is that amplifier - value for money.

Elektra amplifier Pros/Cons?

Is there any amplifier , I need to consider with in the same budget.

Is Elektra quality better than Emotiva?

Parasound A23+ or Emotiva XPA or any brands to compare and grade the Elektra.

Please help me to decide based on your HI Fi experience.

Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)

Elektra make excellent amps for HT, but they're also no slouch when it comes to 2ch reproduction. I don't know the configuration of your HT system, but for the little bit extra I'd be looking at the 5 channel version. Nothing else probably comes close for the money. Elektra are also made in Melbourne Aus and have been for decades. Very hard to go wrong with one of these. 

Parasound make the A52+ that is very similar in wattage, but puts out more current. It also costs twice as much. The A23+ is a two channel amp. The A31 & A51 (3 & 5 ch amps) are different beasts in terms of wattage and current and their price reflects that. Once again great reliable products.

I have absolutely no experience with any of Emotiva's products, but I'm sure those that do will chime in. 

@betty boop has the Elektra 7 channel version iirc and swears by it. He might also be kind enough to move this thread into the HT section where you're likely to get more responses..

Edited by Happy Sacks
'Cause I can.

have moved thread to appropriate sub forum.

indeed try get the 5ch or 7ch instead. lot more popular, likely pick one up 2nd hand, not much more and with better resale...

On 01/03/2020 at 3:03 PM, SBM said:

Is Elektra quality better than Emotiva?

Parasound A23+ or Emotiva XPA or any brands to compare and grade the Elektra.

id take parasound over emotiva. however both these are quite budget brands in the us actually as happens. just cost about twice price here in oz because of cost to import australia tax and such. probably no different if tried to sell elektra overseas cost twice as much and not making great value. :) 

I never thought Emotiva as a budget brand because of the prices in Oz.

24 minutes ago, NADbooffa said:

I never thought Emotiva as a budget brand because of the prices in Oz.

yep  the prices in OZ :)

4 hours ago, betty boop said:

indeed try get the 5ch or 7ch instead. lot more popular, likely pick one up 2nd hand, not much more and with better resale...

id take parasound over emotiva. however both these are quite budget brands in the us actually as happens. just cost about twice price here in oz because of cost to import australia tax and such. probably no different if tried to sell elektra overseas cost twice as much and not making great value. :) 

Thanks you

5 hours ago, Happy Sacks said:

Elektra make excellent amps for HT, but they're also no slouch when it comes to 2ch reproduction. I don't know the configuration of your HT system, but for the little bit extra I'd be looking at the 5 channel version. Nothing else probably comes close for the money. Elektra are also made in Melbourne Aus and have been for decades. Very hard to go wrong with one of these. 

Parasound make the A52+ that is very similar in wattage, but puts out more current. It also costs twice as much. The A23+ is a two channel amp. The A31 & A51 (3 & 5 ch amps) are different beasts in terms of wattage and current and their price reflects that. Once again great reliable products.

I have absolutely no experience with any of Emotiva's products, but I'm sure those that do will chime in. 

@betty boop has the Elektra 7 channel version iirc and swears by it. He might also be kind enough to move this thread into the HT section where you're likely to get more responses..

Thanks

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Happy Sacks said:

Thanks. What will be benefit of of having extra current in an amplifier as like Parasound. Wi this give headroom?

Edited by SBM

On 02/03/2020 at 2:29 PM, betty boop said:

Thanks mate