Sign in to follow this  
MCMcMuffin

Suggestions replacement cable 3.5mm TRS to Dual 3.5mm TRS

Hi,

I am looking for a replacement cable for a set of M&J JP1 headphones. The headphones sound great and have removable cables.

The supplied headphone cable is only 1.2m long that suits using it with a phone but not so much with the computer.

Ideally i'd like to get at least a couple of cables. One 1.2m replacement and a longer cable (about 3m) so when i lean back on the PC they don't strain the adaptors. One of them is working intermittently but it is not reliable.

This adapter config (3x 3.5mm TRS adaptors) seems quite rare.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I live in Brisbane so if somewhere local stocks them that would be a bonus.

Thanks MCMcMuffin

20200228_211555_HDR[1].jpg

20200228_211607[1].jpg

20200228_210044.jpg

2 x TS (mono ) for the ear cups would also work. The TRS is obviously not working in stereo on each ear cup, usually the + and - are connected to tip and sleeve only. That may give you a bit more choice when looking for a longer cable.

On 28/02/2020 at 10:23 PM, MCMcMuffin said:

Ideally i'd like to get at least a couple of cables. One 1.2m replacement and a longer cable (about 3m) so when i lean back on the PC they don't strain the adaptors. One of them is working intermittently but it is not reliable.

A couple of extension cables with 3.5mm termination (one end female and other male)?

On 29/02/2020 at 10:22 PM, PicoWattson said:

2 x TS (mono ) for the ear cups would also work. The TRS is obviously not working in stereo on each ear cup, usually the + and - are connected to tip and sleeve only. That may give you a bit more choice when looking for a longer cable.

Hi Pico, thanks for that info. I found this on another thread.

"The cable is terminated by 3 TRS 3,5mm jacks. That means there is 3 connexions on each plug. Lets say the tip one is A, the middle one B and the one close to the barrel is C. Lets say the jack for the amp output is 1, then the output jacks to the HP are 2 and 3. The wiring goes likes this: A1/A2/A3 B1/B2/B3 C1/C2/C3 Than means that all 3 jacks are wired the same. With this you can get a custom cable. Because of this specific cabling and because the JP1 is easy to drive, I confirm that a balanced schematic will not add any benefits. Besides, the JP1 is not designed to get used with a balanced amp."

I imagine it should work with 2 TS but i am not sure because it sounds like it is an unusual setup.

On 01/03/2020 at 2:41 PM, deafenears said:

A couple of extension cables with 3.5mm termination (one end female and other male)?

Of course why didn't i think of that. Thanks!