Sign in to follow this  
rossnroller

ProAc Response Two bass surround repairs in Perth

Hi folks. The surround of the bass in one of my ProAc Response Two speakers has a hole in it.

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a quality, reasonably priced repair person/store in Perth who I could entrust this repair to, pls?

Have tried War Audio in Osborne Park, but no one's getting back to me. Thinking they might have moved or no longer be operational. So, any other recommendations gratefully received.

Cheers
Ross

10 minutes ago, rossnroller said:

Hi folks. The surround of the bass in one of my ProAc Response Two speakers has a hole in it.

Just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a quality, reasonably priced repair person/store in Perth who I could entrust this repair to, pls?

Have tried War Audio in Osborne Park, but no one's getting back to me. Thinking they might have moved or no longer be operational. So, any other recommendations gratefully received.

Cheers
Ross

Do WAR have a phone number you could try?

I take it you have only tried email?

2 hours ago, rossnroller said:

Cheers
Ross

The Speaker Doctor in Osborne Park is the only tech I trust.

20 hours ago, muon* said:

Do WAR have a phone number you could try?

I take it you have only tried email?

Yep, correct. I will phone War on Monday, I guess, but it beats me why businesses think it's OK to just ignore simple initial email queries.

17 hours ago, Peter_F said:

The Speaker Doctor in Osborne Park is the only tech I trust.

Thanks, Peter_F. Hadn't heard of that one. Will give them a try.

Cheers
R

Just some feedback other folk in Perth in need of speaker repairs might find useful:

I acted on Peter_F's recommendation and took my ProAcs to the Speaker Doctor, Jason, in Osborne Park. I'm delighted to report Jason did a fantastic job replacing the bass surrounds, and his pricing was way less than I had anticipated. Further, he responded to emails promptly and had the job finished in accordance with his stated lead-in period of 3 days. I would not hesitate to return to him if ever I need more speaker repairs, and I join Peter_F in highly recommending him.

Thanks again to Peter_F for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers
Ross
PS: If anyone could advise me on whether there is a section in StereoNet for recommending repairers, would be appreciated. Excellent well-priced service is not easy to come across, and I would like to add the Speaker Doctor to any list of publicly recommended repairers for his benefit and that of other Perth-based audio freaks.

Hi Ross,

are your D2 the ones with the copper phase plug?

I am trying to listen to the D2 for quite some time, however never had the chance to.

The two dealers north and south of the river obviously don't need my business, as they won't respond to my query. 

I could get a demo pair from over East, but won't commit until I heard them.

So in case yours are the actual model, could a short demo been organized?

I happily chuck a bottle of red in.

And of course no symptoms of the virus....

Cheers Mikk

ProAc Response D2 Cherry.png

Posted (edited)

Hi Mikk,

If I was in Perth (I’m in Sydney) I would get in touch with Pierre at Revolution Turntable. They stock ProAc & I received excellent customer service from him when I purchased a second hand amplifier a few months ago. I called the number on the website and got a call back very quickly. Pierre couldn’t have been more helpful and we had a great conversation when the amp arrived. I also happen to have the Response D2s and they are lovely speakers. 

Cheers,

Jack 

Edited by Jack

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jack said:

Edited by Jack
Brain fade