Here's how records give you more of what you want

"Here's how records give you more of what you want"

Was cleaning some records to day, when I came across this CBS inner. From the records advertised on the other side, I would say it is from about 1969.

I especially like reason No 5

THEY'LL GIVE YOU HOURS OF CONTINUOUS AND UNINTERRUPTED LISTENING PLEASURE.

Just stack them up on your automatic changer and relax.  !!!!!

No wonder records are still popular.

1587804403_CBSBag.thumb.JPG.f00166620ef7544d7408bbb80f9125bc.JPG

Edited by EV Cali
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EV Cali said:

THEY'LL GIVE YOU HOURS OF CONTINUOUS AND UNINTERRUPTED LISTENING PLEASURE.

Just stack them up on your automatic changer and relax.  !!!!!

Many, many years ago when I was but a lad, a group of us somehow had access to a furniture free house. Don't remember how it came our way, or even precisely where it was, apart from on Perth's Great Eastern Highway. I do remember that it was on a corner and that the RAC (NRMA in NSW) had a sign there saying that it was a place to meet a pilot (I assume for drivers unfamiliar with Perth who needed assistance in finding their way around, or to a specific location. No mobile phones with Google Maps in those days. No mobile phones, for that matter).

Anyway, on a couple of occasions we held a post pub party there. After spending the night at some place like The Wine Rack in West Perth we would spread the word that there was a party and give out the address. Everyone who wished to would turn up armed with, mostly, late purchased booze of their choice and off we would go. (Usually a fabulous night would ensue. Over the years we got to see many parts of Perth at night that we never saw in daylight.)

We also had access to some P.A. speakers and amps, and a stacking turntable. Memory says about eight LP's at a time, played then flipped over and played again. Gods know how much damage was done to various copies of Deep Purple In Rock, Masters of Reality, Very 'Eavy Very 'Umble and countless other slabs of innocent vinyl.

Sigh......those were the days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1