HP AMP Suggestion - CMA600i v/s Tauris MKII v/s Burson V2

So..

Questyle CMA600i v/s Auralic Taurus MKII v/s Burson V2

-Being Serviced by Grace M900 DAC and Topping D10

-Headphones in use - Focal Clear, Focal Elegia

-Will purchase MDR Z1R, HifiMan Ananda, ZMF Atticus soon (any 2 of these)

What amp do you suggest amongst the 3 above , or any other ?

I am not a pro, hence seek advise or suggestions from the community here, who have used or heard any or all of these amps.

Thanks Everyone

Edited by peppy

I think the Questyle amplifiers are great they can power absolutely anything and even their DAC is surprisingly good considering the all in one nature.
I would say if it had some kind of signature in sound it would be leaning neutral-warm. I think the clear and the questyle pari quite well :)

HEad in to MiniDisc in Chatswood and you can audition a bunch. They are super friendly and give great service

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I feel it does depend on which HPs you ultimately choose to buy. Your current choices of Focal would lead to choosing a "warmish" amp to counteract the somewhat bright sound of the analytical Focals. Now if you move to HiFiMan Anandas, they need a fair bit of current to maximise their SQ, so maybe the Questyle is better. However, with the ZMFs, you're going to need voltage, so I would aim for a decent tube amp or the Auralic. I don't have any experience with the Sonys but I think maybe @Bengineer might. As always, YMMV.

• Love 1

On 28/02/2020 at 8:21 AM, peppy said:

What amp do you suggest amongst the 3 above , or any other ?

They all seem decent just choose your poison really. Questyle have a good reputation and heard good things about the Burson.

The two I would throw in is the ifi ican or the rme ADI 2 DAC which is a great DAC with decent amp.

It just depends what you want and your specific needs. Is it's a pure amp you could go with either of the monoprice, drop or smsl THX amp and also improve your DAC which would be my recommendation for less then your noted amps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an RME ADI 2 FS AKM4493 edition.

Questyle most probably I am going to keep as I did not feel much of a difference between CMA600i v/s Auralic when I demo'ed. (plus CMA600i is a great combo instead of Auralic AMP alone)

Sold Grace M900, raising funds as I am trying to head towards Benchmark HPA4, at which point I will retire my Questyle CMA600i

Finalising my headphones spend for this year (to conclude with) : Focal Clear, HiFiMan Ananda, Sony MDR Z1R, Focal Elegia

Thanks so much y'all for explaining how to pair and look for the 'right' amp.