I can't believe the words that just came out of my wife's mouth.

53 minutes ago, Jeddie said:

Has she got a sister?

Speaking of sisters - they sometimes have different tastes.  :)  (And no - I don't mean they taste different!  :winky: )

Vide this (in)famous Linn ad:

360124517_Linnad.jpg.5f89e65de6c087974cadf1909e7e042f.jpg

Andy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 27/02/2020 at 10:07 PM, Midget said:

"I told you not to sell my Elacs".

It all made sense when I realised it was "your fault"! ?

Nows the opportunity to go even bigger than the elacs, start massive and compromise at huge!

This opportunity will never come again, so don't stuff it up!

enjoy the hunt!

Edited by Hi-Fi Whipped
  • Like 1

Guest jakeyb77
11 minutes ago, MattyW said:

Eh, even if she told you to get rid of them it'd be your fault.  That's just how it works.

Grab a pair of Lenehan ML5 reference....  Or Klipsch Cornwall if you can fit something really rather large  ;)

Cornwall is a bookshelf. Thought you said large 

On 28/02/2020 at 5:04 PM, joz said:

Quick before she changes her mind.

Yes. Why be rational?

Could always move her on later.

Can be costly but I found it to be good value.?

Edited by Hazzzy

On 27/02/2020 at 11:07 PM, Midget said:

"I told you not to sell my Elacs".

she came to an audition and picked them out of a lineup of unknown brands

I am going shopping!!!!!

Shouldn't that be, "we're going shopping!!!"

???

5 hours ago, Fetfan said:

Potrzebny egzorcysta. To poważna sytuacja. W Europie duża szansa na spalenia w stosie :)

The English Google translation of this is: "I need an exorcist. This is a serious situation. In Europe, a good chance of burning in a pile".

• Like 1

You are lucky, I have no idea what the sounds coming from my wife's mouth mean. However, I do what I like. If it hurts, I got it wrong ... lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fetfan said:

After saying such words from the lips of his wife in Europe, he can be burned at the stake. Reason.
Devilish temptation.

Yeah, my wife said I could order a short throw projector last weekend.  Needless to say I ordered it immediately. Was in the **** with my wife after that.....  Apparently she didn't mean I could buy it now

Still,  I know if I'd left it a week it would never happen.

• Like 2

He seems to have disappeared, which could be concerning. 
It was either a nasty trick, or she’s an absolute keeper, and he is otherwise occupied (shopping for speakers I mean). 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Original poster here again with an update . . . 

So, I thought it might be a trap. Maybe this was a test or something? I thought I would hold off a bit to make sure I didn't misread her. I thought carefully about everyones suggestions and definitely do not think she meant that big! I dropped it again in conversation to just to make sure, hoping I caught her on a good day again.

Oh yeah, she wants to "feel the music"! Has my wife turned into an audio enthusiast???? I'm giddy. The only thing is, she doesn't just like good sound, it also has to look really nice. Nothing ugly no matter how good it sounds.

So, I have been watching closely to see what has been coming up in the classifieds and you'll never guess what happened to throw a spanner in the works . . . . .

A global pandemic!

I didn't see that coming.

I was SO close! Spending had been put on temporarily hold. It wasn't going to happen.

Fast forward to today however, and I have the go ahead again! . . . but I have to sell two sets of smaller speakers first. Buuuya!

• Like 1