I can't believe the words that just came out of my wife's mouth.

I have a pair of Abience 1800 References - 1.9m tall.

I also have a pair of passive SGR speakers that are 100kg + each.

Kelossus has some JBLs for sale if you want really big!

Edited by Pegasus
typo
  • Like 1

My wife talked me into buying another motorbike on the weekend, thats 3 now 

She hates my Ambience 1400s

She has ask many times why can't we have a Bose system. 

It's love/hate 

Edited by Hytram
  • Like 1

Your responses are hilarious, but I am dead set serious!

We used to have floorstanders but after moving to a smaller apartment she said we might have to get a soundbar , so we did (B+W Formation). Five minutes of listening she said she just couldn't listen to it so it went back to the shop (I couldn't stand it either but I gave it longer that she did to see if I might warm up to it). We still had a smaller unit to work with so I got a couple of monitors (LS50's).

Her response after listening, "Yeah these are not bad"

Well she must have gone too long with a taste of bigger speakers because today after a few weeks of listening her lips started moving and a strange string of sounds came out which I had to really take in to make sure I was hearing it right.

"I want bigger speakers."

She even said she would move the furniture arrangement a bit to accomodate. Not my idea . . . her idea. To add to it all she tells me that she told me not to sell her speakers.

"I told you not to sell my Elacs".

Well what the, I mean, uhhhhh, what?! So whatever, she came to an audition and picked them out of a lineup of unknown brands using only her ears and no preconceptions, but they were my speakers. All of a sudden she claims ownership of them? I tell you, I think this full circle of going as small as possible, to a bit bigger, and then now a 360 to wanting floorstanders, was all a ploy to mess with my head. I think she likes to see me tortured, I swear.

I don't really care though, I'm back! My soul has been liberated and I am going shopping!!!!!

• Like 17
  • Haha 4