PHONO STAGE SELECTION - GOLD NOTE PH-10 OR CHORD HUEI OR SOMETHING ELSE & IF SO WHY?

HI 

I am considering purchasing the Gold Note PH-10, but on the other hand was also thinking perhaps the Chord Huei. I am aware that I should listen to both before making a decision, which I shall when I get time. 

I’ve got a Linn LP12 Sondek TT from the 1980’s in perfect condition, with a clearaudio virtuoso v2 cartridge MM (it was my father’s until very recently).

So the point of this topic is to get some empirical views on these two Phono’s, or any others you might suggest. If suggestions are made, please let me know why you are making such a suggestion. 

Thank

Hi.

I sell the GoldNote PH10 and I can only think of one person who after borrowing it - decided not to buy it.

Most people try the optional power supply and buy that too.

Carts used by the customers who have bought the PH10 include a range of MM and MC (old and current models) and all have reported a huge improvement in overall soundstage, dynamics, detail and speed as well as a greater enjoyment of their music emotionally.

There are many, many fantastic reviews from many HiFi reviewers around the globe who have found the same.

I would strongly suggest an in-home trial to hear for yourself.

Edited by Douglas HiFi