Richter speakers

1 hour ago, Dalspec said:

Many thanks for the links! I could not find any info on these Oracles so this is great and much appreciated! I picked them up today and they are in great condition, so a bargain for $50 I think. I’ll hook them up this evening and put them through their paces. 

29 minutes ago, Dalspec said:

$50?!  Wow, what a score.  Let us know how they sound  :)

Unfortunately, one of the tweeters wasn't working. I pulled it out and sure enough, she was dead. Now I have to consider what happens next. There may be a spare tweeter for sale somewhere, I'll have to search. If not, I'll need to consider a suitable closely matching replacement, and obviously then, it's for two of them. It's a Phillips, made in Belgium. Bugga!

Otherwise, the "good" speaker sounds great and has surprisingly good bass for its size.

Edited by oztayls

26 minutes ago, oztayls said:

Unfortunately, one of the tweeters wasn't working. I pulled it out and sure enough, she was dead. Now I have to consider what happens next. There may be a spare tweeter for sale somewhere, I'll have to search. If not, I'll need to consider a suitable closely matching replacement, and obviously then, it's for two of them. It's a Phillips, made in Belgium. Bugga!

Otherwise, the "good" speaker sounds great and has surprisingly good bass for its size.

I think i sold mine about 6 months ago (with Stands) for about $120. May be difficult to find a tweeter, but i've also had the Harlequin and Wizards of a similar era and they probably have the same tweeter. The wizard were better than both but a noticeable margin (and i think they were around $200). 

2 minutes ago, Snapper() said:

I think i sold mine about 6 months ago (with Stands) for about $120. May be difficult to find a tweeter, but i've also had the Harlequin and Wizards of a similar era and they probably have the same tweeter. The wizard were better than both but a noticeable margin (and i think they were around $200). 

2 minutes ago, Snapper() said:

Just now, oztayls said:

3 minutes ago, Snapper() said:

I still have my Wizard Mk1s, and I can’t bear to part with them. Tomorrow I’ll check to see if the drivers are the same. If so I think I may just part these out for spares. I hate doing it, but it may keep somebody’s Wizards going at least.