Bowers & Wilkins CEO Resigns

• Volunteer
14 minutes ago, DEANO23 said:

I see one of their products required an annual subscription to the Roon rip off . Any wonder that product didn't sell. Nothing like having to pay $200 year or more to stream your own music and what ? 

Which product?

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, DEANO23 said:

I see one of their products required an annual subscription to the Roon rip off . Any wonder that product didn't sell. Nothing like having to pay $200 year or more to stream your own music and what ? 

Not sure where you saw this. Untrue.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Genesis56

It's not looking good for Bowers and Wilkins.  I did question the design of the new 800 series - I thought it was too polarising.  Plus the over reliance on Chinese based manufacturing for the cheaper lines (not the 800 series) hasn't helped them long term.  B&W will probably end up being absorbed into the bottomless pit which has swallowed countless British brands never to be seen again - RIP: Rogers, Wharfedale, Quad etc.

Some British HiFi brands have survived by not over-reaching and keeping their manufacturing base in the UK.

When you see QC issues in the 800 series surfacing, this does little with confidence with the brand. 

“Removed ad as I was not attacking the business trying to sell the item”

Edited by 5L15
Ad removed

25 minutes ago, 5L15 said:

When you see QC issues in the 800 series surfacing, this does little with confidence with the brand. 

In fairness one needs to see in person or at least a picture of this manufacturer blemish, otherwise it’s unfair generalization which is not reflective of anything.

PS the advertisement is currently active and you doing a great disservice by using it as an negative example 

I will have a look for myself tomorrow and perhaps get some pictures so people are more informed and the thread stays on topic. 

Neo

• Like 2