Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMS

SOLD: FS: Sonus Faber Piccolo Solo Centre Channel

Item: Sonus Faber Piccolo Solo Centre Channel Speaker
Price: $300
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Simplified audio system, no longer required
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: Finished in black leather, hand made in Italy. Owned from new since 2001 with sparing use.
Pickup from Northcote, VIC

Photos:

1_IMG_6978.jpg

2_IMG_5500.jpg

3_IMG_0653.jpg

4_IMG_4633.jpg

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Eskay
      Price: $3200 Item Condition: As new Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Bentleigh State: Victoria Payment Method: EFT,Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Not required
      Extra Info:
      I purchased these speakers brand new with their dedicated stands from an authorised dealer approx 8 weeks ago and after extensive listening I have decided to keep my Quad floorstanders. 

The speakers come with all paperwork and warranty and are in as new condition.
      Current cost is  for the speakers is $3995 and the stands are $895, So I am offering them at a substantial discount. 

Happy to demo for genuine interested buyers and happy to ship at cost and risk.

• By AR9
      Price: $180 Item Condition: 7.5/10 Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Algester State: Queensland Payment Method: eft, cash on pick up, paypal Reason for selling: no longer required Further information: 
       I bought these from an Audio Shop in Caxton St. They are approx. 2m in length. I can't tell what they are but from memory, I bought pair of blue Heaven and a pair of Solar wind but sold one pair locally last year and kept this pair. Although the cables are identical but one has a blue line at the edge and the other one is clear. Perhaps someone here who is familiar with Nordost cables and can help identify with further info.  Apart from that, one terminal has recently broke off but can be re-connected if you are a bit handy. Cables have a few creases but no major bend or breakages ( apart from what mentioned above).  A arrow direction has been marked on both cable as per photo. Cable is silver in colour and no oxidisation whatsoever
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Wisdome
      Price: $450 Item Condition: Used and in really good condition Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Canberra State: Australian Capital Territory Payment Method: PayID, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: No longer required, moving o/s Further information: Purchased brand new from FHRX Studios. RRP is $608 for the set. 

• By martin64
      Price: $1900 Item Condition: excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Heatherton State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal or cash Reason for selling: too small fro my room Further information: Recently moved to a new place and is just to small for the larger open area I have. These are excellent stand mounters and for 100 dol extra I can include stands. So far its EOI but lets see what happens

• By rayone
      TLDR; it is just OK, nothing more.
      TL;
      I’ve been on the lookout for a replacement center speaker since replacing my fronts, which have a much warmer timbre. This may seem like a relatively straight forward endeavour, buy from the same series, however I had a number of constraints.
      1.- It couldn’t be more than 56cm wide.
      2.- It had to have a wide soundstage, as it’s for the 120” screen.
      3.- It had to be warm and not rear ported, to fit in the cabinet.

Previously I had been using for over a decade a pair of AudioEngine P4’s, connected in series and laid on their sides, which surprised me how well my experiment actually worked. They had a wide soundstage convincing voice reproduction, and generally superior audio to a lot of other centers I tried.

I finally stumbled on the Theia by Earthquake Sound, (https://earthquakesound.com/index.php/en/component/zoo/item/theia). There are no professional reviews, nothing in forums w/ the sole references from three amazon reviews.
      I liked the design concept, they looked fairly good quality and Earthquake Sound’s other Titan speakers got positive feedback, and I guess they're reassuringly expensive.
      I emailed the manufacturer, to ask about enclosed placement and actual measurements bcos they claim 49cm everywhere, but the manual also states 62cm… I received no reply, but the 10” passive radiator curiosity convinced me to part w/ my $.
      It arrived in a couple of days and sure enough the long side was 62cm and the narrow 49cm, which required my jigsaw to leave the speaker in situ.

Fit and finish: Poor, cheap Chinese manufacturing. The front grill broke while trying to remove it, the black lacquered finish has rotary buffing marks and it looks like putty has been used between the front mdf panels.

Sound: They measure ~OK, but I’m hearing lows and high mids more than anything, the range of the 4” Kevlar cones + Piston-Max isn’t as great as I’ve come to expect. I guess you could argue that’s a product of a 2 way speaker. I could counter that the 10” could be classified as a pseudo woofer… but I’d be wrong.
      Some info on the SLAPS: http://www.earthquakesound.eu/car-audio/slaps-passive-radiators/slaps-10.aspx

Soundstage: This is my biggest gripe, horizontally quite wide, but vertically narrow, so now the center is very localized and much lower than the source image. I’ve angled the speaker to point directly at me, but still sounds like it’s coming from below the image.

Score: 5/10, they sound marginally better than the P4’s, but cost 4x.

Measurements from 3 places front (green) /centre (black) /rear (pink) of listening position. Given they’re 3.2m~4.4m from the speaker, my room has a large influence.