Currently Spinning

6 hours ago, MoveD said:

Oops just realised this is an old thread which has gone very stale - even the OP has only made the one and only post!

It’s a shame no one else wants to keep this going. I totally agree with the OP the other spinning thread is very repetitive with the few old artists... oh well! 

Sorry MoveD.

Simply forgot about this forum.

Never saw a post, so thought people were not interested, and that it had gone by the wayside through lack of interest.

I now see that l had inadvertently un-followed myself? Or that l never followed myself in the first place. Lol. But in my defence l have never started a post before.

Now that l have worked it out, all following posts should be visible.

Well hears hoping!

? K

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dilettanteque said:

But a good thread to revive! 

So, from the above I am not sure what the citeria is for what plays in here.  I don't have the patience to search all threads to see if something has been posted somewhere.  And i am not sure if original intent was "post an artist that nobody has previouslky posted" or "post a release that has not been reported as playing in any other thread".

Either way, expecting all to search all threads before posting may limit the flow. Maybe define an alternate and easier criteria for members to curate????  Like "released less than one year prior to the post date" and "not a reissue"?

Thanks D.

Hopefylling im back in the game. Now that l am following myself.

No set criteria really. Didn't want to offend anybody. Me. I love coming across new (for me) unheard artists. Just wanted something new; as opposed to same old that we get adnousium.

Cheers.

Led Er Est ‎– Dust On Common - interesting 2017 German reissue of a 2009 album by a NYC band that I never heard of.  what does it sound like?   like 80's new wave with a bit of chunky synths - reminiscent of Krautrock, hence the German reissue maybe.    never a better spent $9 on amazon.

4Ie9feH.jpg

1 hour ago, metal beat said:

Led Er Est ‎– Dust On Common - interesting 2017 German reissue of a 2009 album by a NYC band that I never heard of.  what does it sound like?   like 80's new wave with a bit of chunky synths - reminiscent of Krautrock, hence the German reissue maybe.    never a better spent $9 on amazon.

4Ie9feH.jpg

Will check that out MB.

Not heard of them.

If you like Krautrock. Check out a post punk band called Pink Turns Blue. They are really good. Will try and post some albums tomorrow.

Cheers. ? K

• Like 1

15 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Sorry MoveD.

Simply forgot about this forum.

Never saw a post, so thought people were not interested, and that it had gone by the wayside through lack of interest.

I now see that l had inadvertently un-followed myself? Or that l never followed myself in the first place. Lol. But in my defence l have never started a post before.

Now that l have worked it out, all following posts should be visible.

Well hears hoping!

? K

Welcome back! ?

• Thanks 1

7698C0FC-C900-4A9A-BC5E-C01CD3AC2521.jpeg.389cee7c14c688a1413046e29430f034.jpeg

Gidge

New Light 

More from Sweden!

Gidge is Ludvig Stolterman and Jonathan Nilsson. They claim their music is influenced by the Nordic environment, particularly the woods. The music is often recorded in the forest of Umeå and uses a mixture of electronic and organic elements, such as wooden and stone percussion.

David Garber of Vice describes their music as "ethereal beats that will transport your mind, body and soul to a more peaceful place".

Also check out their debut Autumn Bells from 2014 which is equally gorgeous!

53036440-EAAD-4D39-9715-D88962CC7AC9.jpeg.549dc7d645a200e7eca68d7ab795efde.jpeg

• Like 2