FS: Price drop NAD 524 CD Player

Price: $120
Item Condition: Great used condition
Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition.
Suburb or Town: Ascot Vale
State: Victoria
Payment Method: Paypal, EFT, Cash on pickup or delivery
Reason for selling: No longer required

Great, lively, sweet sounding CD player featuring well-regarded Burr-Brown DAC. What Hi-Fi? 5 Star winner.

I've owned this since new. I used it for about 7 years before upgrading. Since then it's been packed away unused. I held on to it with the hope of using it in a second system but I just don't have the space for a second system now.

When I unpacked it in November last year the draw was not operating properly so I had it serviced by Filatronics in Oak Park. They replaced a belt and the draw works perfectly now. The asking price is just to cover the cost of that fix.

Cosmetically nearly perfect with only a few tiny marks. Remote control is also in great condition.

Functionally, it sounds great and all functions work as they should except the scan forwards and backwards is jumpy and not very effective. I haven't tested the digital out as I don't have a separate DAC at the moment but it worked last time I used it.

Prefer pickup or can deliver within 10 KM of Melbourne CBD or Ascot Vale. Happy to post/courier.

Here's what other owners of this CD player have had to say:

http://www.audioreview.com/product/digital-sources/cd-players/nad/524.html

Photos: 

IMAG0936.jpg

15823404681804074079946791743572.jpg

IMAG0940.jpg

IMAG0941.jpg

IMAG0942.jpg

Edited by curtankerous
Price drop and offering shipping