WTB: Standmount speakers to $5000

Bill125812

Item: Stand mount Speakers
Price Range: up to 5K
Item Condition: New or Used
Extra Info: I’ve always had floor standing speakers ( well almost.  I’ve had ML1’s and LS50’s ) neither did it for me   But I’m curious.  So let’s see what’s out there.   Before I look at new 

Please don't forget to report your post as FOUND when possible. (You can now delete this text).

• Like 1

When you do look at new I highly recommend these:

IMNSHO, these beat the LS 50 hands down for bottom end, and composure under demanding passages of music and are less clinical and easier to drive properly than the ML1.

Beautiful looks are just the icing on the cake.

https://a1futureshop.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=83&product_id=1393&page=2

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rantan said:

When you do look at new I highly recommend these:

IMNSHO, these beat the LS 50 hands down for bottom end, and composure under demanding passages of music and are less clinical and easier to drive properly than the ML1.

Beautiful looks are just the icing on the cake.

https://a1futureshop.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=83&product_id=1393&page=2

Yes they are on the short list definitely.  As are ATC19 and a couple of others.  But just wanted to see if there is something special out there 

• Like 1

@Bill125812 I have some Bryston Mini T (not to be confused with Mini A lower model) standmounts in Walnut veneer.

These are large at 570mm 19kg ea and 3 way with 1"  tweeter 5" Mid and 8" woofer.

86db 4 ohm so some power required to get the best out of them, flat frequency response designed and tested in anechoic chamber .

I have demo'd and now keen to purchase actives so these will be listed for sale soon.

Looking at $2500.00 RRP AUD $6700.00

Murray

20190826_114802.jpg

Edited by Muzza71

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, broom said:

I've got a pair of Elac 330.3 Jet's, truly amazing speakers!

IMG_0230.thumb.JPG.6ea01816910d3c0d97c3e706ff77195d.JPG

These just look like they're zipping through space!

6 hours ago, maximus said:

PMC Fact8..

Has a listen to a floor pair at Sound Taylor.  Pretty impressive 

5 hours ago, Yamaha_man said:

Devialet phantoms?

just not my cup of tea 

5 hours ago, Grizzly said:

These just look like they're zipping through space!

hi Grizzly 

look interesting. I remember when they came out. Made huge waves.   Never heard them.  Might be interesting 

Cheers 

‘Bill 

18 hours ago, Krispy Audio said:

Haven't priced them up yet but have access to a pair of Harbeth 30.1 Rosewood if they're of interest. 

Ty. But have heard Harbeths quite a few times.  Just not my thing 

Edited by Bill125812
  • Like 1

A little bit different, I have a pair of Stirling Broadcast LS3/5a V2 Signature Edition plus the AB-2 Extenders.

They are in unmarked Rosewood.

All original boxes and literature.

IMG_1710.thumb.jpg.d1e924cfb504437b4ec906c809674996.jpg

• Like 1

I’ve been really happy with my 805 d3 since I got them a couple of years ago, and I’m completely off the merry-go-round.  I loved them without subs - I was never a fan of subs - but recently added a couple of small SVSs which not only subtly reinforced those lower octaves but made unexpected improvements on top. 
After owning a series of speakers from Vienna Acoustic Mozart, Proac d18, B&w cdm7, and Maggie 1.7 I’ve become a convert to standmounts with subs and it’s very unlikely I will go to conventional floorstanders  again. 

my little Proac 1s  also sound fantastic with my small subs.

a pair here

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/04/2020 at 4:19 PM, kelossus said:

Billy, I have a pair of mint Sonus Faber Olympica I's I am going to sell soon. With the stands and factory boxes.

Buy these. I would if I could afford them. Lovely speakers

• Like 1

Buchardt s400 in white.I got these pair January brand new.Im not sure if I want to sell it as I am enjoying and feel it is close to end game.But if you want it here it is firm $2800 delivered to your address.

2E7132E6-3811-4873-A19B-C0E483E4EF2A.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...