Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
mjledme

Oppo 95 owners, please help!

Recommended Posts

Questions simply put are: does OPPO 95 support 1). Multichannel DSD playback via front USB and 2). volume control in DSD output mode?

 

I’m putting up a multichannel audio system. As I don’t have any AV receivers I had intended to use my Oppo 103 as the source and dac, feeding a multichannel power amp. However, Oppo 103 doesn’t support volume control in DSD mode, which means I have to choose the output mode into PCM or I have to buy a multichannel preamp...

 

I’m looking for an Oppo 105 at the moment (better DAC and supports volume control in DSD mode) and one 95 came for sale. I think I may take the 95 if it can do the job well...

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 95 and 105 use the same dac , in fact it is in a stacked arrangement in the 95 and sounds a bit better to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah from what learnt online, they use the same dac and the stacked arrangement in 95 makes it sound better in stereo. However, not sure if 95 supports multichannel DSD via USB and volume control in DSD mode. If not, I’d stick with my 103 for the time being and wait for a 105 to come up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry misread the model number.

 

Edited by bizzibee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Bump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2020 at 11:45 PM, mjledme said:

Questions simply put are: does OPPO 95 support 1). Multichannel DSD playback via front USB and 2). volume control in DSD output mode?

 

I’m putting up a multichannel audio system. As I don’t have any AV receivers I had intended to use my Oppo 103 as the source and dac, feeding a multichannel power amp. However, Oppo 103 doesn’t support volume control in DSD mode, which means I have to choose the output mode into PCM or I have to buy a multichannel preamp...

 

I’m looking for an Oppo 105 at the moment (better DAC and supports volume control in DSD mode) and one 95 came for sale. I think I may take the 95 if it can do the job well...

 

Thank you!

 

Another thing you may wish to consider is the fact that the Oppo 95 has a fan whilst the 105 doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnL said:

 

Another thing you may wish to consider is the fact that the Oppo 95 has a fan whilst the 105 doesn't.

Sorry but a fan means better ventilation and more noise I suppose? 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2020 at 11:45 PM, mjledme said:

Questions simply put are: does OPPO 95 support 1). Multichannel DSD playback via front USB and 2). volume control in DSD output mode?

 

I’m putting up a multichannel audio system. As I don’t have any AV receivers I had intended to use my Oppo 103 as the source and dac, feeding a multichannel power amp. However, Oppo 103 doesn’t support volume control in DSD mode, which means I have to choose the output mode into PCM or I have to buy a multichannel preamp...

 

I’m looking for an Oppo 105 at the moment (better DAC and supports volume control in DSD mode) and one 95 came for sale. I think I may take the 95 if it can do the job well...

 

Thank you!

Once owned a 95 mjledme and it wasn't that comprehensive with codec playback as was the 103/5 . Heres the 93/95 faq from an oppo beta tester B Mclain ; DSD is disc only unless converted to flac pretty sure ..

http://wiki.oppodigital.com/index.php?title=BDP-93_Media_Files_FAQ

 

Edited by cwt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


had an oppo 95 from new,i sit about 5feet from it and have never heard the fan once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, cwt said:

Once owned a 95 mjledme and it wasn't that comprehensive with codec playback as was the 103/5 . Heres the 93/95 faq from an oppo beta tester B Mclain ; DSD is disc only unless converted to flac pretty sure ..

http://wiki.oppodigital.com/index.php?title=BDP-93_Media_Files_FAQ

 

Thanks. That’s strange coz 95 had the same dac chip as 105 and should play DSD natively via USB. Guess oppo didn’t allow that function via firmware upgrade to encourage ppl to upgrade lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mjledme said:

Thanks. That’s strange coz 95 had the same dac chip as 105 and should play DSD natively via USB. Guess oppo didn’t allow that function via firmware upgrade to encourage ppl to upgrade lol

Easily be so mjledme ; maybe something to do with the simplified circuitry with the rearranged sabre dacs . Or the volume control being duplicated within the stacked dacs ? It was one of the things planned for the 83 etc [basic file playback] but oppo had to rush the 93/95 to market for its 3d capability iirc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much. I this case I’ll wait for a 105 to pop up lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...