Sign in to follow this  
thecoffeegent

NAD C588 TUrntable

Hey!

Has anyone had any experience with NAD’s newish turntables and in particular the C588?

I can’t find one locally to demo at the moment but want to make sure it’s not worth putting on my $1000 (+\-$200) turntable exploration/purchase.

Reviews suggest it punches above it’s weight for its price point and appears to be a tweaked combination of ProJects parts and a bit of NAD modification.

Anyways, it looks gorgeous  and reviews suggest it’s very good value for money but I want to hear some real word opinions.

thanks,

TCG

reading a couple of reviews , Made be project to Nad specs?, overall reviews positive, some issues mentioned i.e., sensitive tp poor recordings, top end curtailed and splashy, lacks a little transparency and finesse, these are comments when compared to more expensive turntables, i think this also reflects the limitations of the Ortofon 2MRed, as i said the Blue would be the better start up cartridge, or other mentioned in further post on you original thread

The glass platter with the black plinth reminds me of the Systemdek IX, another good mid-level turntable.