Your Favourite Album of the Week

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Bob  Hund - Bob Hund (1994)

"bob the dog" - Swedish indie rock band from Malmo. Knowing at least some language helps however in no way is it necessary to appreciate the raw and yet refined, unique voice of Bob Hund from their earliest days. Some distant influence from Sonic Youth, British New Wave and electro I guess but mostly utterly original and fresh. Quintessentially Swedish, while underground indie as well. An album I return to time and again.

• Like 2

Hi All,

Melbourne band, Butterfly, Doorways Of Time a Progressive / Metal band that sound similar to a cross between Black Sabbath (Early 70s), Deep Purple (Early 70s) and Uriah Heep (Demons and Wizards Era)

1385307959_ButterflyDoorwaysOfTime.jpg.ca32d52e86719203a9ca4e52a69d5c50.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Japanese band, Dhidalah, Threshold. A Prog Rock band that's styles on some songs are similar to 70s Prog, Genesis / Rush and some more recent eg: Dream Theater / Ayreon

694926732_DhidalahThreshold.jpg.3eae0fd01b320190bde3abe272b766a1.jpg

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 3

Kottarashky and the Rain Dogs: Cats, Dogs and Ghosts

https://www.asphalt-tango.de/artists/kottarashky-%26-the-rain-dogs

https://kottarashky.bandcamp.com/album/cats-dogs-and-ghosts

< Kottarashky is back with album number three, this time taking us deep into a New York district called Sofia and introducing us to its street corners brimming with rock, blues, Balkan-style funk and the jazz-flavoured rhythms of late summer.

On this new album, The Rain Dogs are much more than just the back-up band of a lone sonic wizard. The crew now comprises some of the most sought-after musicians drawn from the contemporary Bulgarian scene. And they didn’t leave anything to chance when they gathered at Blubalu Studio in Sofia to record their version of a genuine Balkan-American street sound.

On the way into the studio, they picked up an authentic Sofia beat poet named Nufry (i.a. Panican Whyasker), a singer, songwriter and icon of the Bulgarian independent scene whose stories truly enrich the Dogs.

Indeed, Nufry’s haunting vocals lend The Rain Dogs additional depth and magnitude; they revel, waft, break out and move in tandem with the horn sections and raw guitar chords in a sonic space somewhere between the American South and the Black Sea. >

• Like 1

I stumbled upon a band call The Vampires over on Tidal when listening to its curated New Release World Music playlist.  [Just quietly, this is one of the things Qobuz needs to catch up on.]   Check Out "Pacifica" in particular "West Mass".  The band reminds me in some way or our own The Catholics; moody, strident, funky, cool, eclectic and with great playing at all times.  Just the thing to partner a glass of wine on a rainy afternoon in Melbourne.

image.png.e4a0555dd1331276c033dc832e9d3c28.png

• Like 2