Your Favourite Album of the Week

1 minute ago, hlov said:

Wow, what impressive collection. What kind of music does she do? R&B?

Its all over the map style wise (but think a female R&B version of Michael Jackson) and imo a severely underrated singer whom id dearly love to see live.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Its all over the map style wise (but think a female R&B version of Michael Jackson) and imo a severely underrated singer whom id dearly love to see live.

Ok, which one of these is good?

427D8724-47EA-4A10-AF6E-150B171185CB.thumb.png.82e9ced1fbf3bea8211418a1e555c5eb.png

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Not an album but am really enjoying Irene Cara (Miss Flashdance) this past week.

image.thumb.png.36dac627d60c9b5ee7df910f144c993e.png

TB, something tells me if you were my neighbour, we'd be besties and would be lending each other a LOT of music.

My Favourite Album of the week for this week for two reasons - one is that it is one my favourites and secondly I feel so grateful to have tracked down a pretty much mint copy as it is hard to get in good condition.

Prince

Diamonds And Pearls

Europe

IMG_3576.JPG

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, April Snow said:

My Favourite Album of the week for this week for two reasons - one is that it is one my favourites and secondly I feel so grateful to have tracked down a pretty much mint copy as it is hard to get in good condition.

Prince

Diamonds And Pearls

Europe

IMG_3576.JPG

Great album there April and super pressing and sound.  Great bass impact on this album.   

I was third row right in front when he was touring this album - One of the best concerts/nights of my life.

Money Don't Matter and Live 4 Love are two of my fav Prince songs

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, April Snow said:

Prince

Diamonds And Pearls

Europe

IMG_3576.JPG

I have it as well and like it a lot, my brother used to have a cassette back on the day and I was lucky to get the vinyl few years back, money doesn’t matter is so cool

• Like 2

4 hours ago, metal beat said:

Great album there April and super pressing and sound.  Great bass impact on this album.   

I was third row right in front when he was touring this album - One of the best concerts/nights of my life.

Money Don't Matter and Live 4 Love are two of my fav Prince songs

There is no concert experience quite like a Prince one - I have seen many others (including Madonna both times she was here) but seeing Prince is electric. So glad I made the effort and the major expense to see him 20th Feb 2016 at the Opera House - others times I saw him was twice in 2012. 

D&P would have been an incredible night, but I was not a fan then so much - my fandom started when I saw the Black Sweat Video ?

But I was a Madonna fan from the very start ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hlov said:

I have it as well and like it a lot, my brother used to have a cassette back on the day and I was lucky to get the vinyl few years back, money doesn’t matter is so cool

It is a great album isn't it - nothing not to like on this Album - I have a CD bootleg of it called "Diamonds and Pearls Unrapped"  too and it is always on my play list. 

"Money Doesnt Matter" also applied to the cost I had to pay from UK to own this in perfect order - hahahahahaa

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 1

Hi All,

My album this week is one that I have played several times of both of the LPs in the double LP set, Featuring Norah Jones. A well thought out playlist with excellent support from her 'Featured' guests. The album is an quiet, clean, dynamic pressing.

1228460732_NorahJonesFeaturing.jpg.6baa8fd2183ab90a60fa576905e28d4d.jpg

Tracklist:

–The Little Willies          Love Me3:51

–Foo Fighters Featuring Norah Jones        Virginia Moon3:51

–Sean Bones Featuring Norah Jones         Turn Them4:03

–Willie Nelson Featuring Norah Jones     Baby It's Cold Outside3:58

–Norah Jones And Sasha Dobson     Bull Rider2:58

–Dirty Dozen Brass Band* Featuring Norah Jones And Robert Randolph      Ruler Of My Heart2:59

–El Madmo           The Best Part3:25

–Outkast Featuring Norah Jones         Take Off Your Cool2:38

–Q-Tip Featuring Norah Jones          Life Is Better4:27

–Talib Kweli Featuring Norah Jones        Soon The New Day4:04

–Belle And Sebastian* Featuring Norah Jones          Little Lou, Ugly Jack, Prophet John4:25

–Ray Charles Featuring Norah Jones         Here We Go Again3:58

–Norah Jones Featuring Gillian Welch And David Rawlings         Loretta3:19

–Ryan Adams Featuring Norah Jones          Dear John4:36

–Norah Jones Featuring Dolly Parton         Creepin' In3:01

–Herbie Hancock Featuring Norah Jones          Court & Spark7:36

–Charlie Hunter Featuring Norah Jones       More Than This4:10

–Norah Jones Featuring M. Ward          Blue Bayou3:43

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

My album this wee is one that I have played several times of both of the LPs in the double LP set, Featuring Norah Jones. An excellent playlist with excellent support from her 'Featured' guests. The album is an excellent, clean, dynamic pressing.

Tracklist:

–Dirty Dozen Brass Band* Featuring Norah Jones And Robert Randolph      Ruler Of My Heart2:59

–Belle And Sebastian* Featuring Norah Jones          Little Lou, Ugly Jack, Prophet John4:25

JJ

I have noticed you have featured this a few times, love it when we enjoy an album so much - thanks for sharing ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, April Snow said:

I have noticed you have featured this a few times, love it when we enjoy an album so much - thanks for sharing ?

I would love to enjoy norah jones a few times:devil:
both of her dvd live concerts
live Austin city limits
norah jones and the handsome band live in 2004
both are awesome,
her back up band on both are pure class.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

My album this wee is one that I have played several times of both of the LPs in the double LP set, Featuring Norah Jones. An excellent playlist with excellent support from her 'Featured' guests. The album is an excellent, clean, dynamic pressing.

Tracklist:

JJ

Have you heard this

Singer from Green Day

An album of Everly Brothers songs

Seriously great record

87E1198C-B933-4802-BC4F-53AA52EE356F.jpeg

• Like 4

The Artist (Formerly Known As Prince) ‎– The Gold Experience.     amazing album every time I play it - always sounds fresh as if it could have just been released - Prince at the top of his game and it really is GOLD. 

Vinyl sounds incredible.

Have a look at P Control live - it just goes off the richter of awesome. and dancing with his wife to be. I can't imagine what the crowd thought when he played this :hyper:

RIP you purple badness

GrV8jRl.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, metal beat said:

The Artist (Formerly Known As Prince) ‎– The Gold Experience.     amazing album every time I play it - always sounds fresh as if it could have just been released - Prince at the top of his game and it really is GOLD. 

Vinyl sounds incredible.

Have a look at P Control live - it just goes off the richter of awesome. and dancing with his wife to be. I can't imagine what the crowd thought when he played this :hyper:

RIP you purple badness

GrV8jRl.jpg

Totally agree, my fav album too, have to get it on Vinyl too, but hoping for a re-issue as the original so expensive. I am totally jealous of Mayte !! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My album of the week is one recently acquired secondhand from AirRaid Records.  I was familiar with a part of the first track and was intrigued with the idea of 12inch vinyl with a single song. What made its place as album of the week is how much the family enjoys it. Everyone gets a little groove and sing-a-long going. It has been spun plenty of times from start to finish of the week by popular demand. Helps doing the dishes glide bye. 

Stars on 45

FE39C616-BCD9-4D64-BD4E-61846F0088F7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Stills & Collins - Everybody Knows. Two of my favourite artists, Stephen and Judy, created a wonderful collection of songs. Judy's voice is still amazing and Stephen's guitar-playing still so sweet. Only 10 tracks no fillers here! Been playing this on the stereo, in the car, on phone, treadmill etc!

Image result for Stills & Collins

• Like 3

Sunday is my day to share my Album of the week ?

Madonna

Madame X

Europe

LP

This is probably my favourite album of hers (well neck to neck with Erotica of which I have 4 LPs of and 5 CDs of ?)

The reason is because it is so interesting and diverse and a real journey and one should to listen to it as a whole body of work.

The layering of instruments are superb and you do hear more detail on vinyl that CD - but I love both as CD deluxe does have bonus tracks.

If you rename this "Dark Ballet" in your mind (rather than Madame X) you can hear it is just that, a theatrical ballet and it makes more sense. Madame X is taking you on a journey through her many personas and trying to point out social issues.

She has introduced me to the "Batuka" and cultural ideas I never thought about - and it is an album I like to put on late at night with a glass of wine and candle burning and just sit and concentrate on it. I think it is ahead of its time (like American Life album is more relevant now than it was when released) but it is definitely not pop tunes - but that is why I love it - it is different.

IMG_3763.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 1