Your Favourite Album of the Week

I thought it might be fun to start a new thread where we can post about a current album we ourselves have been obsessed with or enjoyed through the week.

The only rule is you can only post one a week ?

Can be either Vinyl or CD or whatever your favourite format is for that album.

Are you in to play the game once a week?

I will start with mine -

Simon & Garfunkel

17 Greatest Hits

Australia 

Purchased this to make shipping on my order from Discogs worth it and fell in love with it and given it a few spins this week.

Such a lovely album to sit with late at night with a glass of red (or Moscato in my case).

IMG_3428.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, April Snow said:

I thought it might be fun to start a new thread where we can post about a current album we have been obsessed with or enjoyed through the week.

The only rule is you can only post one a week ?

Can be either Vinyl or CD or whatever your favourite format is for that album.

Are you in to play the game once a week?

I will start with mine -

Simon & Garfunkel

17 Greatest Hits

Australia 

Purchased this to make shipping on my order from Discogs worth it and fell in love with it and given it a few spins this week.

Such a lovely album to sit with late at night with a glass of red (or Moscato in my case).

Prince is turning over in his grave, April, to hear you say that!  :lol:

Andy

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, andyr said:

Prince is turning over in his grave, April, to hear you say that!  :lol:

Andy

@andyr  Well I didn't want to be predictable (you now where my ? lies) !!!! hahahahahaa - but I seriously have been loving this album this week - since it arrived last week I have enjoyed it so much, and it was such a random purchase for me - more like a stocking filler but what a bonus it is in my collection - I am loving it.

Now where is yours ????????????

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 1

Ok, last week for me it was:-

Brian Eno, Music For Installations, A Collection of music dating between 1985 and 2017, all ambient / electronic.

Label: Opal Records ‎– 671 777-2, UMC ‎– 671 777-2

Format: 6 × CD

Box Set Country: Europe

Eno.jpg.4d7f36086d8f6772e42181493ceb8846.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Peter-E said:

Fleetwood Mac Rumors for me ATM.

I have been on a collection rampage to build a collection since buying my first TT at Christmas.

Congrats on both !! 

I have just ordered this album from Japan too ?

It is a fantastic album which I have had on CD for years but looking forward the vinyl ?

Look forward to see what else you get ?

• Like 2

@April SnowI think this could be a good thread. At first glance I thought like @andyr, I don't really have an album of the week. I just listen to stuff and move along as my mood takes me. (I have thirty odd albums piled up next to the stereo over the last couple of weeks, almost all played once only and no two by the same artist.) But looking at your opening post again, I don't think you mean it has to be an album you've particularly binged on, just any album you've played in the last week that has resonated enough to want to share it. So the main point of difference between this and the other music threads is to slow down and only post once a week (and in slowing down maybe take a bit more time over what you post)? I think I could play that game.

Another angle with potential could be to focus discussion on your album of the week. I'm not sure it there'd be enough interest, but it could be worth a go. Sometimes the currently spinnings thread devolve into everyone cross posting their latest purchase/old favourite, all moving along on without much discussion. I don't have the Simon & Garfunkel album you posted, but I do have the old 14 track Greatest Hits (CBS 1972), which must cover similar ground. Haven't listened to them for ages, so could definitely pull that out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

Good Idea @April Snow :thumb:

Mine is: The Flaming Lips, The Soft Bulletin, With The Colorado Orchestra and Choir. To me The Flaming Lips are approximately to me, as Madonna is to you ?

563664116_FlamingLips.jpg.627d3ad9d159c1d6fc5944150e20e27a.jpg

JJ

Thanks for playing along - I notice you like Flaming Lips - I have to suss them out myself - thank you for sharing :-)

• Like 1

BD3E22AD-EDBA-4EB1-877A-1FB89852C5E1.jpeg.61635fb136253d4ca81ca04024a1449d.jpeg

Mark Lanegan

I’ll Take Care Of You

I played this album the most these few weeks, even in my sleeps! So must be my AOTW!

Finally got it on vinyl. It’s an excellent EU pressing with great SQ.

You need to play some ML if you haven’t already. I still haven’t got through all his albums yet...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Monty said:

@April SnowI think this could be a good thread. At first glance I thought like @andyr, I don't really have an album of the week. I just listen to stuff and move along as my mood takes me. (I have thirty odd albums piled up next to the stereo over the last couple of weeks, almost all played once only and no two by the same artist.) But looking at your opening post again, I don't think you mean it has to be an album you've particularly binged on, just any album you've played in the last week that has resonated enough to want to share it. So the main point of difference between this and the other music threads is to slow down and only post once a week (and in slowing down maybe take a bit more time over what you post)? I think I could play that game.

Another angle with potential could be to focus discussion on your album of the week. I'm not sure it there'd be enough interest, but it could be worth a go. Sometimes the currently spinnings thread devolve into everyone cross posting their latest purchase/old favourite, all moving along on without much discussion. I don't have the Simon & Garfunkel album you posted, but I do have the old 14 track Greatest Hits (CBS 1972), which must cover similar ground. Haven't listened to them for ages, so could definitely pull that out.

Yes that is the idea ?  I had.

I think I will edit the title - it may then be clearer ................

An album you yourself may have enjoyed through the week - that has been a highlight for yourself - for me it was the Simon & Garfunkel as that one came along unexpectedly and I just loved it so much that I saw it as a highlight for the week because it was totally out of the blue for me & caught me off guard.

It was such a beautiful pressing it made me sit and actually listen to it and take notice.

I thought just to post a Favourite Album of the week and once a week - whatever format it is in & maybe even mention why that album has stood out to you that week, might be a good fun thing to do, instead of just focusing on "currently spinning" thread (which is super fun) but maybe pick one album out that you enjoyed the most through the week?

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, April Snow said:

Congrats on both !! 

I have just ordered this album from Japan too ?

It is a fantastic album which I have had on CD for years but looking forward the vinyl ?

Look forward to see what else you get ?

Thanks. Since Christmas I have bought 20 LPs. mostly 2nd hand. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Peter-E said:

Thanks. Since Christmas I have bought 20 LPs. mostly 2nd hand. 

I'm not admitting to my purchases - rather not think about it - I am about to have to do Vinyl Rehab.....................(Vinyl Anon)   LOL

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 3

bought this recently, have been buying music that Steven Wilson has been involved in, regularly play this cd, has great sq on my system, captivating driving beat, moody at times, love the title. Used it to show a fellow sna'er how 8wpc of tube power + floorstanders can rock the house

On the first track the intro starts with low deep bass droning, then electronic synth with vocals sounding echoing, then powerful drums, the look on his face was priceless, the album, sensational

158194003588652154153.jpg

• Like 4

Very cool thread indeed, my album of this week will be Dire Straits - Love over Gold, I have a British first pressing that sounds fantastic. I like all the album tracks but the Love over gold song is my favourite, a nice melody with an acoustic guitar

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hlov said:

Very cool thread indeed, my album of this week will be Dire Straits - Love over Gold, I have a British first pressing that sounds fantastic. I like all the album tracks but the Love over gold song is my favourite, a nice melody with an acoustic guitar

Love over Gold - it is absolutely beautiful - not heard it before (I only have Brothers in Arms) so previewing on Spotify. ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Love over Gold - it is absolutely beautiful - not heard it before (I only have Brothers in Arms) so previewing on Spotify. ?

All Dire Straits albums are great and sound really nice on vinyl, I have pretty much all of them but a concert called On the night. They are easy to find on local shops, if you see one of those just grab it, won't be disappointed 

• Like 2