Jump to content

Your Favourite Album of the Week


Recommended Posts

I thought it might be fun to start a new thread where we can post about a current album we ourselves have been obsessed with or enjoyed through the week.

 

The only rule is you can only post one a week ūüėČ

 

Can be either Vinyl or CD or whatever your favourite format is for that album.

 

Are you in to play the game once a week?

 

I will start with mine -

 

Simon & Garfunkel

17 Greatest Hits

1981 

Australia 

 

Purchased this to make shipping on my order from Discogs worth it and fell in love with it and given it a few spins this week.

Such a lovely album to sit with late at night with a glass of red (or Moscato in my case).

 

 

 

 

IMG_3428.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An album that has had a few goes this past week is Nina Simone At Newport  

Hi All,   My album this week is one that I have played several times of both of the LPs in the double LP set, Featuring Norah Jones. A well thought out playlist with excellent support from h

Ok, last week for me it was:- ¬† Brian Eno, Music For Installations, A Collection of music dating between 1985 and 2017, all ambient / electronic. ¬† Label: Opal Records ‚Äé‚Äď 671 777-2

5 minutes ago, April Snow said:

I thought it might be fun to start a new thread where we can post about a current album we have been obsessed with or enjoyed through the week.

 

The only rule is you can only post one a week ūüėČ

 

Can be either Vinyl or CD or whatever your favourite format is for that album.

 

Are you in to play the game once a week?

 

I will start with mine -

 

Simon & Garfunkel

17 Greatest Hits

1981 

Australia 

 

Purchased this to make shipping on my order from Discogs worth it and fell in love with it and given it a few spins this week.

Such a lovely album to sit with late at night with a glass of red (or Moscato in my case).

 

Prince is turning over in his grave, April, to hear you say that!  :lol:

 

Andy

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, andyr said:

 

Prince is turning over in his grave, April, to hear you say that!  :lol:

 

Andy

 

@andyr¬†¬†Well I didn't want to be predictable (you now where my¬†ūüíú lies)¬†!!!! hahahahahaa - but I seriously have been loving this album this week - since it arrived last week I have enjoyed it so much, and it was such a random purchase for me - more like a stocking filler but what a bonus it is in my collection¬†-¬†I am loving it.

 

 

Now where is yours ????????????

 

 

Edited by April Snow
Link to post
Share on other sites


10 hours ago, April Snow said:

 

Now where is yours ????????????

 

 

Mmmm, I'm trying hard to think of one ... but I don't really have a "record of the week".  Sorry.  :(

 

Andy

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, andyr said:

 

Mmmm, I'm trying hard to think of one ... but I don't really have a "record of the week".  Sorry.  :(

 

Andy

 

Awwww isn't there an album you have really enjoyed listening to the last week?

Link to post
Share on other sites


Ok, last week for me it was:-

 

Brian Eno, Music For Installations, A Collection of music dating between 1985 and 2017, all ambient / electronic.

 

Label: Opal Records ‚Äé‚Äď 671 777-2, UMC ‚Äé‚Äď 671 777-2

Format: 6 √ó CD

Box Set Country: Europe

 

Eno.jpg.4d7f36086d8f6772e42181493ceb8846.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peter-E said:

Fleetwood Mac Rumors for me ATM.

I have been on a collection rampage to build a collection since buying my first TT at Christmas.

Congrats on both !! 

I have just ordered this album from Japan too ūüôā

It is a fantastic album which I have had on CD for years but looking forward the vinyl ūüôā

Look forward to see what else you get¬†ūüôā

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

Good Idea @April Snow :thumb:

 

Mine is: The Flaming Lips, The Soft Bulletin, With The Colorado Orchestra and Choir. To me The Flaming Lips are approximately to me, as Madonna is to you¬†ūüėä

 

563664116_FlamingLips.jpg.627d3ad9d159c1d6fc5944150e20e27a.jpg

 

JJ

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

@April SnowI think this could be a good thread. At first glance I thought like @andyr, I don't really have an album of the week. I just listen to stuff and move along as my mood takes me. (I have thirty odd albums piled up next to the stereo over the last couple of weeks, almost all played once only and no two by the same artist.) But looking at your opening post again, I don't think you mean it has to be an album you've particularly binged on, just any album you've played in the last week that has resonated enough to want to share it. So the main point of difference between this and the other music threads is to slow down and only post once a week (and in slowing down maybe take a bit more time over what you post)? I think I could play that game.

 

Another angle with potential could be to focus discussion on your album of the week. I'm not sure it there'd be enough interest, but it could be worth a go. Sometimes the currently spinnings thread devolve into everyone cross posting their latest purchase/old favourite, all moving along on without much discussion. I don't have the Simon & Garfunkel album you posted, but I do have the old 14 track Greatest Hits (CBS 1972), which must cover similar ground. Haven't listened to them for ages, so could definitely pull that out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

 

Good Idea @April Snow :thumb:

 

Mine is: The Flaming Lips, The Soft Bulletin, With The Colorado Orchestra and Choir. To me The Flaming Lips are approximately to me, as Madonna is to you¬†ūüėä

 

563664116_FlamingLips.jpg.627d3ad9d159c1d6fc5944150e20e27a.jpg

 

JJ

 

Thanks for playing along - I notice you like Flaming Lips - I have to suss them out myself - thank you for sharing :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

BD3E22AD-EDBA-4EB1-877A-1FB89852C5E1.jpeg.61635fb136253d4ca81ca04024a1449d.jpeg


Mark Lanegan

I’ll Take Care Of You

 

I played this album the most these few weeks, even in my sleeps! So must be my AOTW!
 

Finally got it on vinyl. It’s an excellent EU pressing with great SQ.

 

You need to play some ML if you haven’t already. I still haven’t got through all his albums yet...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Monty said:

@April SnowI think this could be a good thread. At first glance I thought like @andyr, I don't really have an album of the week. I just listen to stuff and move along as my mood takes me. (I have thirty odd albums piled up next to the stereo over the last couple of weeks, almost all played once only and no two by the same artist.) But looking at your opening post again, I don't think you mean it has to be an album you've particularly binged on, just any album you've played in the last week that has resonated enough to want to share it. So the main point of difference between this and the other music threads is to slow down and only post once a week (and in slowing down maybe take a bit more time over what you post)? I think I could play that game.

 

Another angle with potential could be to focus discussion on your album of the week. I'm not sure it there'd be enough interest, but it could be worth a go. Sometimes the currently spinnings thread devolve into everyone cross posting their latest purchase/old favourite, all moving along on without much discussion. I don't have the Simon & Garfunkel album you posted, but I do have the old 14 track Greatest Hits (CBS 1972), which must cover similar ground. Haven't listened to them for ages, so could definitely pull that out.

Yes that is the idea¬†ūüĎ欆 I had.

 

I think I will edit the title - it may then be clearer ................

 

An album you yourself may have enjoyed through the week - that has been a highlight for yourself - for me it was the Simon & Garfunkel as that one came along unexpectedly and I just loved it so much that I saw it as a highlight for the week because it was totally out of the blue for me & caught me off guard.

It was such a beautiful pressing it made me sit and actually listen to it and take notice.

 

I thought just to post a Favourite Album of the week and once a week - whatever format it is in & maybe even mention why that album has stood out to you that week, might be a good fun thing to do, instead of just focusing on "currently spinning" thread (which is super fun) but maybe pick one album out that you enjoyed the most through the week?

 

 

Edited by April Snow
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, April Snow said:

Congrats on both !! 

I have just ordered this album from Japan too ūüôā

It is a fantastic album which I have had on CD for years but looking forward the vinyl ūüôā

Look forward to see what else you get¬†ūüôā

Thanks. Since Christmas I have bought 20 LPs. mostly 2nd hand. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites


51 minutes ago, Peter-E said:

Thanks. Since Christmas I have bought 20 LPs. mostly 2nd hand. 

I'm not admitting to my purchases - rather not think about it - I am about to have to do Vinyl Rehab.....................(Vinyl Anon)   LOL

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

bought this recently, have been buying music that Steven Wilson has been involved in, regularly play this cd, has great sq on my system, captivating driving beat, moody at times, love the title. Used it to show a fellow sna'er how 8wpc of tube power + floorstanders can rock the house

On the first track the intro starts with low deep bass droning, then electronic synth with vocals sounding echoing, then powerful drums, the look on his face was priceless, the album, sensational

158194003588652154153.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've played Ayreon, The Dream Sequencer several times this past few weeks, each time I tend to pick up something I previously missed.

 

Ayreon.jpg.3f178019450810619d33b096d46d8215.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Neurone said:

I've played Ayreon, The Dream Sequencer several times this past few weeks, each time I tend to pick up something I previously missed.

 

Ayreon.jpg.3f178019450810619d33b096d46d8215.jpg

I love it when that happens!!!!! Pretty cool cover that one too ūüôā

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool thread indeed, my album of this week will be Dire Straits - Love over Gold, I have a British first pressing that sounds fantastic. I like all the album tracks but the Love over gold song is my favourite, a nice melody with an acoustic guitar

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hlov said:

Very cool thread indeed, my album of this week will be Dire Straits - Love over Gold, I have a British first pressing that sounds fantastic. I like all the album tracks but the Love over gold song is my favourite, a nice melody with an acoustic guitar

Love over Gold - it is absolutely beautiful - not heard it before (I only have Brothers in Arms) so previewing on Spotify. ūüôā

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, April Snow said:

Love over Gold - it is absolutely beautiful - not heard it before (I only have Brothers in Arms) so previewing on Spotify. ūüôā

All Dire Straits albums are great and sound really nice on vinyl, I have pretty much all of them but a concert called On the night. They are easy to find on local shops, if you see one of those just grab it, won't be disappointed 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
9 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Not an album but am really enjoying Irene Cara (Miss Flashdance) this past week.

 

image.thumb.png.36dac627d60c9b5ee7df910f144c993e.png

Goodness ! I’ve got the odd Irene cara record I should dust off :D

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Not an album but am really enjoying Irene Cara (Miss Flashdance) this past week.

 

image.thumb.png.36dac627d60c9b5ee7df910f144c993e.png

Wow, what impressive collection. What kind of music does she do? R&B?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hlov said:

Wow, what impressive collection. What kind of music does she do? R&B?

Its all over the map style wise (but think a female R&B version of Michael Jackson) and imo a severely underrated singer whom id dearly love to see live.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Its all over the map style wise (but think a female R&B version of Michael Jackson) and imo a severely underrated singer whom id dearly love to see live.

Ok, which one of these is good?

 

427D8724-47EA-4A10-AF6E-150B171185CB.thumb.png.82e9ced1fbf3bea8211418a1e555c5eb.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Not an album but am really enjoying Irene Cara (Miss Flashdance) this past week.

 

image.thumb.png.36dac627d60c9b5ee7df910f144c993e.png

 

TB, something tells me if you were my neighbour, we'd be besties and would be lending each other a LOT of music.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Favourite Album of the week for this week for two reasons - one is that it is one my favourites and secondly I feel so grateful to have tracked down a pretty much mint copy as it is hard to get in good condition.

 

Prince

Diamonds And Pearls

Europe

1991

 

IMG_3576.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, April Snow said:

My Favourite Album of the week for this week for two reasons - one is that it is one my favourites and secondly I feel so grateful to have tracked down a pretty much mint copy as it is hard to get in good condition.

 

Prince

Diamonds And Pearls

Europe

1991

 

IMG_3576.JPG

 

Great album there April and super pressing and sound.  Great bass impact on this album.   

 

I was third row right in front when he was touring this album - One of the best concerts/nights of my life.

 

  Money Don't Matter and Live 4 Love are two of my fav Prince songs

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, April Snow said:

My Favourite Album of the week for this week for two reasons - one is that it is one my favourites and secondly I feel so grateful to have tracked down a pretty much mint copy as it is hard to get in good condition.

 

Prince

Diamonds And Pearls

Europe

1991

 

IMG_3576.JPG

I have it as well and like it a lot, my brother used to have a cassette back on the day and I was lucky to get the vinyl few years back, money doesn’t matter is so cool

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, metal beat said:

 

Great album there April and super pressing and sound.  Great bass impact on this album.   

 

I was third row right in front when he was touring this album - One of the best concerts/nights of my life.

 

  Money Don't Matter and Live 4 Love are two of my fav Prince songs

There is no concert experience quite like a Prince one - I have seen many others (including Madonna both times she was here) but seeing Prince is electric. So glad I made the effort and the major expense to see him 20th Feb 2016 at the Opera House - others times I saw him was twice in 2012. 

D&P would have been an incredible night, but I was not a fan then so much - my fandom started when I saw the Black Sweat Video¬†ūüėć

But I was a Madonna fan from the very start¬†ūüĎć

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hlov said:

I have it as well and like it a lot, my brother used to have a cassette back on the day and I was lucky to get the vinyl few years back, money doesn’t matter is so cool

It is a great album isn't it - nothing not to like on this Album - I have a CD bootleg of it called "Diamonds and Pearls Unrapped"  too and it is always on my play list. 

 

"Money Doesnt Matter" also applied to the cost I had to pay from UK to own this in perfect order - hahahahahaa

 

Edited by April Snow
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, April Snow said:

"Money Doesnt Matter" also applied to the cost I had to pay from UK to own this in perfect order - hahahahahaa

 

Discogs? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

 

My album this week is one that I have played several times of both of the LPs in the double LP set, Featuring Norah Jones. A well thought out playlist with excellent support from her 'Featured' guests. The album is an quiet, clean, dynamic pressing.

 

1228460732_NorahJonesFeaturing.jpg.6baa8fd2183ab90a60fa576905e28d4d.jpg

 

Tracklist:

‚ÄďThe Little Willies¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Love Me3:51

‚ÄďFoo Fighters¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Virginia Moon3:51

‚ÄďSean Bones¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†Turn¬†Them4:03

‚ÄďWillie Nelson¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬†Baby It's Cold Outside3:58

‚ÄďNorah Jones¬†And¬†Sasha Dobson¬† ¬† ¬†Bull Rider2:58

‚ÄďDirty Dozen Brass Band* Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬†And¬†Robert Randolph¬† ¬† ¬† Ruler Of My Heart2:59

‚ÄďEl Madmo¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†The Best Part3:25

‚ÄďOutkast¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†Take Off Your Cool2:38

‚ÄďQ-Tip¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Life Is Better4:27

‚ÄďTalib Kweli¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Soon The New Day4:04

‚ÄďBelle And Sebastian* Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Little Lou, Ugly Jack, Prophet John4:25

‚ÄďRay Charles¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†Here We Go Again3:58

‚ÄďNorah Jones¬†Featuring¬†Gillian Welch¬†And¬†David Rawlings¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†Loretta3:19

‚ÄďRyan Adams¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Dear John4:36

‚ÄďNorah Jones¬†Featuring¬†Dolly Parton¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†Creepin' In3:01

‚ÄďHerbie Hancock¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Court & Spark7:36

‚ÄďCharlie Hunter¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†More Than This4:10

‚ÄďNorah Jones¬†Featuring¬†M. Ward¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Blue Bayou3:43

 

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

 

My album this wee is one that I have played several times of both of the LPs in the double LP set, Featuring Norah Jones. An excellent playlist with excellent support from her 'Featured' guests. The album is an excellent, clean, dynamic pressing.

 

1228460732_NorahJonesFeaturing.jpg.6baa8fd2183ab90a60fa576905e28d4d.jpg

 

Tracklist:

‚ÄďThe Little Willies¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Love Me3:51

‚ÄďFoo Fighters¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Virginia Moon3:51

‚ÄďSean Bones¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†Turn¬†Them4:03

‚ÄďWillie Nelson¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬†Baby It's Cold Outside3:58

‚ÄďNorah Jones¬†And¬†Sasha Dobson¬† ¬† ¬†Bull Rider2:58

‚ÄďDirty Dozen Brass Band* Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬†And¬†Robert Randolph¬† ¬† ¬† Ruler Of My Heart2:59

‚ÄďEl Madmo¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†The Best Part3:25

‚ÄďOutkast¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†Take Off Your Cool2:38

‚ÄďQ-Tip¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Life Is Better4:27

‚ÄďTalib Kweli¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Soon The New Day4:04

‚ÄďBelle And Sebastian* Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Little Lou, Ugly Jack, Prophet John4:25

‚ÄďRay Charles¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†Here We Go Again3:58

‚ÄďNorah Jones¬†Featuring¬†Gillian Welch¬†And¬†David Rawlings¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†Loretta3:19

‚ÄďRyan Adams¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Dear John4:36

‚ÄďNorah Jones¬†Featuring¬†Dolly Parton¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†Creepin' In3:01

‚ÄďHerbie Hancock¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Court & Spark7:36

‚ÄďCharlie Hunter¬†Featuring¬†Norah Jones¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†More Than This4:10

‚ÄďNorah Jones¬†Featuring¬†M. Ward¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Blue Bayou3:43

 

JJ

I have noticed you have featured this a few times, love it when we enjoy an album so much - thanks for sharing ūüôā

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...