Foilflex cables website!! (Mike Lenehan)

Nice one Daz! Excellent timing. Just devoured this excellent review of Mike's Foil-flex line where the reviewer compares it to uber high-end products like Jorma amongst others - Spoiler alert it's more than competitive, and in some areas - better!

https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/

Nice work Mike & Team! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, muon* said:

Lets crunch the numbers!

2x Kidney's less 1 = chu-ching!..........wallah! cables!

Edit: with plenty left for a nice little holiday :ph34r:

You do not have to sell kidney - just get one Goertz foil inductor, unwind the foil, cut the length you need and put some connectors. 2h of work max. Cost ~$60. 

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/goertz-14-awg

You can also buy Goertz foil speaker cables to save yourself those 2h of work - $330 for 3m speaker cable pair.

https://www.thecableco.com/alpha_core_goertz.html

Edited by Decky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Is that the "centre stage" version?

Just a suggestion 

https://www.thecableco.com/mi-2-veracity-speaker-cable-pair.html

sort of a mid priced I guess. No preference for any of them - I would always go for a DIY option. Personally I never liked foils as cables considering practical aspects: lack of flexibility and fragility.  

Have tried Goertz and Townshend SC's and IC's.

Best to worst- Foilfelx-Townshend- Goertz. 'Worst' is a bad word to use, the Goertz are still very nice but not in the Foilflex league.

Would rather Townshend over Goertz, customer service wise Townshend only take 6 months to get back to you whilst Goertz don't respond at all :D 

Tangent- Mikes Foilflex SC's beat my Nordost Valhalla, Valhalla displayed sibilance on certain tracks, no such thing with Mikes cables. Valhallas got sold.

All are better than lamp wire :D 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Prices are in USD

Would love to try the speaker cable one day (anyone in melbourne have a set?)

I have the previous version and happy to demo. I bought on here 2nd hand after trying a demo set as part of a tour set up by Mike. I'd love to do a back to back comparison but the Foilflex are about 30% of the cost of my speakers, so probably not viable in my system at full RRP.

15 minutes ago, blybo said:

I have the previous version and happy to demo. I bought on here 2nd hand after trying a demo set as part of a tour set up by Mike. I'd love to do a back to back comparison but the Foilflex are about 30% of the cost of my speakers, so probably not viable in my system at full RRP.

The original Lenehan cables are miles away from the current range, no doubt worth a listen but they wont give anyone an idea or taste of what the current versions can do. Very different cables and the new version leaves the old version for dead. As I said, Mike can loan them out, he doesn't expect everyone to buy after having a listen.

I think I stated here some years back that I preferred Townshend over Lenehan cables and that was in relation to the original Lenehans. I ran a full Townshend loom for a few years after I sold the original Lenehans and was quite happy too. I seem to remember that Goertz entered that conversation as well, with someone suggesting Townshend were copying the Goertz design.

• Like 1

Another fan

i used  to own a speaker cable with a RRP over $10,000

within a week of the new cable in my system it was up to 90%

of it,

few months after, as good if not better in many areas,

all from an Aussie made $1500 cable

Will be interesting to see with time ,what high end cables this one replaces in systems

the valhalla, and my PAD, looks like the first of many I suspect,

• Like 2

Just read the review above,

must agree with it 

I also found the cable  to have less depth but width no issue,

and very complex music did seem to be less articulate ,and can be confused at times,, 

this cable is the direct competitor, of some of the most respected and expensive cables available ,

and as stated before if it was in the rental stores,

2 1/2 ,times it’s current price would be about where it would be,

27 minutes ago, colinm1 said:

Just read the review above,

must agree with it 

I also found the cable  to have less depth but width no issue,

and very complex music did seem to be less articulate ,and can be confused at times,, 

this cable is the direct competitor, of some of the most respected and expensive cables available ,

and as stated before if it was in the rental stores,

2 1/2 ,times it’s current price would be about where it would be,

See the price of the Jorma Trinity's?

Am not game to even read it again...

My system has a full loom of FoilFlex xlr cables except the phono gain to preamp which is the RibbonFlex rca, which is the previous Lenehan version. Replaced this with xlr FoilFlex tonight and the improvement is noticeable straight out of the box, more detail and a more realistic tone, terrific cables, highly recommended.

• Like 2