FS: Devialet Expert 120 Integrated Amplifier

Item: Devialet Expert 120 Integrated Amplifier (with preamp Board Installed)
Price: $3100
Item Condition: 8/10 - Fully functioning, Complete packaging, light swirls on surface hence rating 8/10
Reason for selling: Insanity
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: I bought this amp last week of fellow SNA member to power my PMCs. I really enjoy this amp but for multiple reasons have decided to let it go

The Good

- Sound quality Clarity and Detail - Wow believe all the reviews this amp is transparent and detailed. There is none of the "vailed" effect you get from other amps. Had me listening to all my old songs and hearing things i didn't notice before.

-Power - Class A and Class D = SPL even though it is the baby of the range to drives my PMC 25.23 with ease. I suggest any stand-mount or small / medium floor stander would not be an issue.

- Configurability -  Multiple set ups can be created and saved via the online configuration tool and loaded onto an SD card

- Build quality and design- Seriously solid piece of kit, all hardware is highest quality and has plenty of wow factor

The Bad

-While the configurability is good, it does mean you need to tinker with this amp to get the best out of it, great if you have plenty of time but for me with 2 kids and a demanding job I don't really have the time to tinker with SAM settings, crossovers, firmware versions, power options etc.

- Can only connect 1 analogue input. I use my amp for 50% music / 50% HT so need to have my AVR connected via HT bypass, this means I can't connect my external DAC or a turntable if I wanted. I have it installed in a AV cabinet so difficult to get round the back and pull out chords

- Cant see the display when i have it sitting in a normal cabinet, not a big issue but a little annoying

- Fingerprints - I have a teenage son who also loves music and while he is very respectful of my gear he has teenage fingers that are constantly leaving marks on the unit and remote

So while I would love to keep this amp for its sound quality and wow factor it just is not the best fit for my lifestyle, Hoping I can recover what I paid and as this is the cheapest devialet in Australia right now and they don't come up very often price as firm.

Happy to demo if your in Melbourne,  have all original packaging so happy to also post interstate at buyers cost.

I may be interested in a trade to Bryston B135 SST2 / 3

IMG_0146 copy.jpg

IMG_6489 copy.jpg

IMG_0999 copy.jpg

IMG_3352 copy.jpg

Edited by mpearce38
  • Like 1

I had a 120, and on to 250, and now 220 Pro.

This 120 is a bargain even without the pre out board.  With pre out board it is possible to create high and low pass filters in the digital domain to manage sub woofer integration, which is what I do.

There is some tinkering, but once done its done.

I do agree about the display, as I have poor vision and my pro is a little out of sight.  But the need to use the display is rare.

GLWTS, but you wont need luck as someone snap it up.

• Like 1

• Volunteer

I think @mpearce38 is talking down his own advert too much :). This is a superb amp/dac/phono stage/preamp

I'm the original owner of this amp and can vouch for the unit and the seller. He was excellent to deal with.

This is a superb unit that can easily replace your DAC and phono stage - so the need for loads of inputs is reduced. 

If you connect via ethernet it will appear as a Roon endpoint. You can control the volume and even turn it on and off via Roon.

The phono stage is ridiculously configurable, you can change the load and the capacitance on the fly via the remote. It worked superbly with my low output Dynavector Karat cartridge 

Changing setting via SD card was a bit of a pain, but I only did it once or twice and then never touched it again

Fingerprints, well yes it does attract them, but a wipe with a microfibre cloth and a bit of windex and they're gone

Tagging a couple of people who expressed interest when I was selling:

@Chris h

@m24422

@viva

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

I think @mpearce38 is talking down his own advert too much :). This is a superb amp/dac/phono stage/preamp

I'm the original owner of this amp and can vouch for the unit and the seller. He was excellent to deal with.

This is a superb unit that can easily replace your DAC and phono stage - so the need for loads of inputs is reduced. 

If you connect via ethernet it will appear as a Roon endpoint. You can control the volume and even turn it on and off via Roon.

The phono stage is ridiculously configurable, you can change the load and the capacitance on the fly via the remote. It worked superbly with my low output Dynavector Karat cartridge 

Changing setting via SD card was a bit of a pain, but I only did it once or twice and then never touched it again

Fingerprints, well yes it does attract them, but a wipe with a microfibre cloth and a bit of windex and they're gone

Tagging a couple of people who expressed interest when I was selling:

@Chris h

@m24422

@viva

Well put. I sold my Meitner MA1 Dac after buying my Le 200.  There is a lot of upfront tinkering that can be done but once setup you can leave it alone.  You can also leave it on the default setting if you don’t want to go through your own configuration. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mpearce38 said:

I must say the longer I spend listening to it the more I overlook the impracticalities and enjoy the detail and clarity ?

Impracticality is not often a term used to describe Devialet ;) I do however understand what you're saying with regards to some of the minor limitations of the 120.

For the money being asked here, it's got to be pretty bl.ody hard to find something better that does all that this unit can. Find a signal, feed it in to the Dev and you're away.

GLWTS

It looks like this amp can be everything to everyone, and that's no negative.

You want plug and play as a high end streamer, Roon endpoint, phono input? it will do that.

You want to tweak? It will allow you to do that.

You want innovative technology not found in any other amp? It has that.

You want a Hi-Fi component that's as sexy as hell? It is that.

and a bargain price.......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...