How to Get Windows 10 to Display all Music Fields Globally

Hi guys,

I am in the process of updating my music collection and wish to get MS File Explorer to display a series of columns for every music title I have on file.

I need:

Artist

Album Title

Genre

Date Of Release

Bit Rate

Length

(I also wish to include whether a file is an MP3 or Flac file apart from the bit rate column which I assume is only applicable to MP3s)

I know how to add columns for each album singularly but I don't have the time to do this manually for many thousands of files.

Does any techie know how to get Microsoft to globally display all these details for each album title automatically.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Cheers

Prog

How to Add Columns Permanently to All Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer

... but ...

Have you considered something like TagScanner?

TagScanner_rs.jpg.6bcf38fda1bc2d4d890f5b22cf549a0c.jpg

As well as extensive tag editing you can Export to various  formats (e.g, txt, csv, htm) and create reports like ...

TS_WebExtended_rs.jpg.313d6c0f45abdac22f60ff2d85e4406c.jpg

Edited by ShellstaX
Added report example

Just use Musicbee. This is a dedicated music programme. It plays, edits tags, shows artwork, import artwork if it is missing, converts from format to format (eg Flac to mp3) etc etc.

You can configure your setup to show whatever columns you want.

Good forum on line to help if needed.

And its free.

10 hours ago, ShellstaX said:

How to Add Columns Permanently to All Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer

... but ...

Have you considered something like TagScanner?

TagScanner_rs.jpg.6bcf38fda1bc2d4d890f5b22cf549a0c.jpg

As well as extensive tag editing you can Export to various  formats (e.g, txt, csv, htm) and create reports like ...

TS_WebExtended_rs.jpg.313d6c0f45abdac22f60ff2d85e4406c.jpg

Thanks for the tip from last night.

IT has sorted out all my music files perfectly.

I'll keep an eye out for the other 2 programs as well if I find I need more flexibility.

Cheers

Prog

6 hours ago, Jeddie said:

Just use Musicbee.

MusicBee is good ... but UPnP is broken/abandoned on it.

Each have their pluses and minuses, but the free version of MediaMonkey does a similar job, and UPnP works.

• Like 1
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jasonuy
      Hello Friends,
      I have just bought a Soundbar and connected it to Windows 10 pc.  How to enable the loudness equalization on pc? Can anyone guide me please.
    • By almikel
      Old news, but I only found out today...
      ...since Windows 8, shutting down and turning on a Windows PC does not achieve the same outcome as a Restart.
      https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-restart-and-shut/d512fa31-3bce-49bc-bada-11eda28e3b7f

If you're trying to clear up little issues a Restart will clear the RAM, whereas a Shutdown writes the RAM to disk and reloads it on start up...
      ...I find I restart my work Windows 10 laptop (Surface Pro) nearly daily, but my music laptop (also Windows 10)  typically gets turned on for a music session then turned off - I'll commence adding some restarts into that mix...or turn off "Fast Start" (instructions are in the link)

cheers
      Mike
    • By mm.pulp
      Hi there team,

Looking for some advice (for a friend) running Windows 10, looking for a Tidal-integrated player that supports MQA.

He was originally using Audirvana but the trial has ended, the Tidal desktop app is a little lacking comparatively. 

Are there any free players out there that have Tidal integration, and also support MQA? 

Just looking for some options to test out against the Tidal-app, while he waits for paycheck to secure Audirvana!

Thanks as always all,

David
    • By hlov
      Item: Surface Pro 4 core M 128Gb 4 Gb Ram
      Price: 800 (neg)
      Item Condition: Mint
      Reason for selling: Got a new computer
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Selling a Surface Pro 4 core M, 128 GB 4Gb RAM in mint condition with warranty till 2019,

Great for office tasks and some programing, my kid uses one of these for UNI and He loves it.

Asking 800 ONO (RRP 900  https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/store/d/surface/8VV4N8VBQG7C/5KVR?icid=Cat_Surface-NavLink6-SurfacePro-052317-en-au)

Note:

No keyboard or Pen included

Pictures:

• By Chanh
      I came across this new player from JPlay forum that received great feedbacks. The concept is simple, and looking forward to test this one out on my dual pc setup with Windows Server 2016 and JPlay.
      It is free to use and requires internet for login purpose.
      http://www.hysolid.com/

Will report in due course of its performance once I have adequate timing with it.