Gathered from far and wide.

Today I was struck by the realisation that my audio system has been assembled from all over. While we generally recognise that audio products may have their origin in Britain, the US, Europe, Australia, Japan, (increasingly) China etc, I'm talking about where things have lived their active lives. Currently in my system, the turntable, tonearm and cartridge have always done their business here in Adelaide.(Goldmund Studietto, Souther SL3, Dynavector DV20x) However, courtesy of the members of this forum, my preamp has come from Perth (Peachtree Grand Pre) and my power amp (Parasound Halo A23) has lived in Mackay QLD. Meanwhile, my Duntech Statesman speakers have been obtained from someone in Melbourne. None of this would of course have been possible without smartphones and internet. How about you? Where have your treasures come from? Leon

17 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

Please vote in my thread

That was/is a great thread, but it shouldn't be watered own by people saying which state they purchased from, as ultimately, it doesn't matter if it was Townsville or Tingalpa.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rantan said:

That was/is a great thread, but it shouldn't be watered own by people saying which state they purchased from, as ultimately, it doesn't matter if it was Townsville or Tingalpa.

Agreed, not intending to add states!

My gear was mostly purchased new, and some of it direct from the manufacturer in their respective countries.  Anyway,  my main system is as follows:

2x tonearms -Japan

2x carts - Japan

Turntable - Croatia

Turntable linear power supply - China

SUT - trannies bought from Japan, assembled in Australia 

Phono - Ukraine 

DAC - Ukraine 

DAC interface - Germany

Digital cables - Taiwan

Analog + speaker cables - Australia 

Preamp - US

Power amp 1 - US

Power amp 2 - Germany

Speaker cables - 1x Qld, 1x UK

Speakers DIY here in Australia 

So 8 different countries? Thank goodness for the internet  :)

Edited by MattyW