Virtuoso mourns beloved £150,000 piano smashed by movers

13 hours ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

Angela Hewitt’s unique F278 Fazioli was destroyed in an attempt to lift it on to a trolley

Don't think Elton John's grand piano will see further use after the Rochford concert either. It was cancelled due to sudden torrential rain blowing into the stage. I'd say pretty much the whole set up would be a write off. I had a jacket in the bag next to my camping chair and didn't bother putting it on as by the time I'd grabbed it I was already soaked thru.

They were going to try and re-schedule but I've heard a date can't be found so we are expecting a refund. At least I got to hear Tiny Dancer...

1 hour ago, blybo said:

Don't think Elton John's grand piano will see further use after the Rochford concert either. It was cancelled due to sudden torrential rain blowing into the stage. I'd say pretty much the whole set up would be a write off. I had a jacket in the bag next to my camping chair and didn't bother putting it on as by the time I'd grabbed it I was already soaked thru.

They were going to try and re-schedule but I've heard a date can't be found so we are expecting a refund. At least I got to hear Tiny Dancer...

Heard yesterday on the radio there wouldn't be a refund as over half the concert was performed. (90mins).

However the organizers etc. are going to offer free tickets to another concert held this year at Rochford. 

1 hour ago, evil c said:

Heard yesterday on the radio there wouldn't be a refund as over half the concert was performed. (90mins).

However the organizers etc. are going to offer free tickets to another concert held this year at Rochford. 

Ah the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern method. Well, he is a cricket fan after all.

12 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Ah the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern method. Well, he is a cricket fan after all.

Look it's a tough situation for all concerned,  I'd certainly be semi ok after 90 mins as many acts only perform that long.

Free ticket for another event is a good gesture.

Why the wife and I avoid outdoor concerts around December/ January.

Weather can be fickle.

2 hours ago, evil c said:

there wouldn't be a refund as over half the concert was performed. (90mins).

This promoter is a rogue. We got only about 30 seconds after intermission and only a few hits, as good as the 1st half was.

This concert should never have been held in the first point!!! It was 43 degrees when we arrived 30 minutes before Elton came on stage with EXTREMELY high probability of thunderstorms. What the hell did they expect. With the heat the only email we got concerning potential dangers was where we could go to buy drinks and we were only allowed to bring in 1 unopened 750ml bottle of water in for 4 of us. I saw several people close to us needing St Johns assistance due to heat stroke and countless people on their facebook page asking for it to be r-scheduled due to extreme conditions.

Edited by blybo