Startrek - Picard

13 hours ago, G M Fude said:

Yeah def not for kids, that was a very grim opening scene in Ep 5. Wouldn't see that in any of the previous Star Treks, TV or cinema. I'm enjoying the series, plot development is working well, nicely shot without intrusive CGI, great to see a few familiar faces again (and how hot is you-know-who still, after 20 years, especially ditching the mid-'90s hairdo).

Yep, that's what I was referring to.

5 hours ago, muon* said:

Many seem to liken it to Discovery in how it diverges from the traditional take of ST, if so..... maybe not for me.

But still might watch it one day for Jeri's character :blush:

Worth seeing. And Jeri is a badass in this. Picked up more human traits such as drinking bourbon straight.

Watched the start of the 1st Episode & thought yes, this is Star Trek! then.... Kept watching & thought well this is clearly the new new new Star Trek. Can't say i dislike it, but would of rather the old star Trek.

It definitely ties into Star Trek Discovery (maybe not directly "now" but it does) they made that clear the second I guessed the story-line in the 1st episode up to about now actually & have been right so far... Literally not once has it been able to surprise me with twists in the story.....With only 1 (twin) exception in 5 episodes. Doesn't seem like its written to throw you off which is nice.

That all said, good graphics, actors e.t.c. I'll keep watching.

Edited by prymortal

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/02/2020 at 5:52 PM, muon* said:

Is it a lot better than Discovery?

I would say a resounding YES. Episodes do vary in quality, but overall it's awesome.

Just watched the latest [Ep 8 ] and it is a cracker.

Isaac Asimov himself would be a huge fan I reckon.

Edited by zippi
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished it.  Loved it, but my wife thought it was too slow - but she is not a trekky at all. 

The plot was great, and I loved the pauses in the action allowing you to think about what was going on between the characters.   I thought the telling of the historical bits leading up to the story, at the start of episodes, worked well, especially as it was "history" we hadn't seen before.

Loved seeing the old characters again, in their aged form.

• 1 month later...