Sign in to follow this  
Mark Krause

Plinius II & III

I have recently replaced my 40 year old Plinius II & III combination amplifier and I've been looking online to see if these are salable or even desirable but I've had little success. It would appear that they are easy to maintain or modify due in part to the point to point & through hole construction. This amplifier is in full working order.

Does anybody know of a likely sale price and possible market?

IMG20200208155851.jpg

Put them in the Classifieds here, that is likely your best market.

NZ is likely to be the best for comparable prices. Try looking on Trade Me NZ.

Otherwise try pricing them based on similar spec'd NAIM equipment.

As I understand the forum:

You can place the item in the Classifieds section, give a detailed description, and photos are required. But instead of for sale. Title the entry as E.O.I. (Expression Of Interest) Where if I understand the situation. People can offer a price but there is no obligation of either party to either sell or buy.

The offers can be in the thread or can be done through the message function so no one else sees the price.

Others on the Forum can correct any aspect of this if I am in error, as I am new (two months myself) to this forum. 

This may give you an idea, but with no obligation to sell.

Good luck. And happy listening to your upgrade.

9 hours ago, ampup said:

As I understand the forum:

You can place the item in the Classifieds section, give a detailed description, and photos are required. But instead of for sale. Title the entry as E.O.I. (Expression Of Interest) Where if I understand the situation. People can offer a price but there is no obligation of either party to either sell or buy.

Others on the Forum can correct any aspect of this if I am in error, as I am new (two months myself) to this forum. 

This may give you an idea, but with no obligation to sell.

Good luck. And happy listening to your upgrade.

I've never placed an EOI ad myself, but all the ones I've seen have shown prices.  The idea of the EOI option is simply, as you say, to let others know that you MAY be interested in selling, but without any commitment to do so.  However, if the EOI doesn't state a price, then it effectively becomes an auction, which is against the rules and sprit of SNA classifieds.

What may help if you list as a E.O.I. or For Sale, is to give as much detail about your items as possible, so people know its characteristics.

There does not seem to be much on the internet with a quick search.

Hi Mark,

I have these same units and I bought them in NZ about 12 years ago. They cost me then NZ$600. I've seen plenty for sale since on TradeMe for around that figure ever since. I ran them through my Dynaudio Recitals, sounded great.

I've moved on since but still recommend them.

All the best with your sale.

Ian.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ianjackson1969
      Item: Plinius
      Price Range: negotiable
      Item Condition:  Used
      Extra Info:
      I'm looking to purchase an excellent condition Plinius 9200, preferably with phono stage.  I had previously advertised on the WTB for an SA103 or SA100 with pre-amps to suit, but I've changed my mind after budget considerations. Thank you.
    • By Konan
      Price: $2600 Item Condition: 9.5/10 (mint condition - no marks or faults) Purchased in 2011 by me from a local authorised dealer. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Pickup available and you can audition. Suburb or Town: Glebe State: New South Wales Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (+2.9%), EFT Reason for selling: NLR - upgrading to active speakers Further information: 

Priced reduced from $2,800 to $2,600

For sale is my beloved Plinius 9200 in absolute mint condition. It was purchased new by me in 2011 and have been sparingly used especially in the last few years as a second system and has never failed to impress. Had every intention to continue keeping this - until a recent decision to upgrade to active speakers means it's time to consolidate my hifi system. Also comes with original double boxes, remote control, final test cert, & even the plinius white gloves.

This is a stunning amp with plenty of power, finesse and dynamics and has a really nice phono stage. It has a power rating of over 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms. Per Plinius the 9200 operates in high bias class A/B however it has been designed to preserve as much of the class A sound as possible. It's well built like a tank and to last.

Any questions please don't hesitate to reach out.

Reviews:
      http://6moons.com/audioreviews/plinius2/1.html
      https://www.whathifi.com/plinius/9200/review

Manual
      https://www.manualslib.com/manual/260469/Plinius-9200.html#manual
      Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By rockwell
      Item: Plinius SA201 Stereo Power Amplifier
      Price: $1200
      Item Condition: Used 
      Reason for selling: Have upgraded my power amplifier to mono blocks and need to save space, and keep the peace at home.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: For sale is my well cared for Plinius SA201 stereo power amplifier in the silver finish. I have been the first owner since circa 2006. I can't see any noticeable scratches or marks, so the curvaceous casework has stood up well over time. But alas I have felt the need to upgrade after many years good service, and when the opportunity arose I purchased a pair of mono blocks.

This amp is rated at 225 watts per channel into 8 ohms. Both channels driven from 20Hz to 20kHz at less than 0.2% total harmonic distortion.
      Current Output: 40A short duration per module. Fuse protected.
      Hum and Noise: 90dB  below rated output 20Hz to 20kHz unweighted.
      Gain: 32dB.
      Input Impedance: 47k ohms
      Dimensions: Height 170mm, Width 445mm, Depth 453mm, Weight 25kg

Here's one review to give a general feel for the amp:
      https://www.dagogo.com/plinius-tautoro-preamplifier-sa-201-stereo-power-amplifier-review/

I've been using this amp with PS Audio products - the Directstream player, DAC and the BHK preamp. 

You could describe the sounds as smooth and coherent. Spatial performance is excellent with an expansive soundstage. There is plenty of detail, presented in  natural fashion without being in your face.

I have the original Plinius double-box packaging for transportation. The amp weighs 25kg so local pickup is preferred.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By BrentW
      Hi all, just looking at good a moving on dad’s gear - plinius 2100i amp with lambert speakers. These are pretty awesome and need a new home. If anyone is interested please let me know.

thanks
    • By Sbartt
      Item: Plinius SA103
      Price Range: 4-4.5K
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info:
      Hi guys,
      I'd like to purchase Plinius SA-103 or SA-250 amp preferrably in Black. Would be nice if it's in Melbourne but happy if seller ship it. Ideally, if it comes with original packaging. If someone planning to upgrade or change in direction from these units please let me know