Plinius II & III

I have recently replaced my 40 year old Plinius II & III combination amplifier and I've been looking online to see if these are salable or even desirable but I've had little success. It would appear that they are easy to maintain or modify due in part to the point to point & through hole construction. This amplifier is in full working order.

Does anybody know of a likely sale price and possible market?

IMG20200208155851.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand the forum:

You can place the item in the Classifieds section, give a detailed description, and photos are required. But instead of for sale. Title the entry as E.O.I. (Expression Of Interest) Where if I understand the situation. People can offer a price but there is no obligation of either party to either sell or buy.

The offers can be in the thread or can be done through the message function so no one else sees the price.

Others on the Forum can correct any aspect of this if I am in error, as I am new (two months myself) to this forum. 

This may give you an idea, but with no obligation to sell.

Good luck. And happy listening to your upgrade.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ampup said:

As I understand the forum:

You can place the item in the Classifieds section, give a detailed description, and photos are required. But instead of for sale. Title the entry as E.O.I. (Expression Of Interest) Where if I understand the situation. People can offer a price but there is no obligation of either party to either sell or buy.

Others on the Forum can correct any aspect of this if I am in error, as I am new (two months myself) to this forum. 

This may give you an idea, but with no obligation to sell.

Good luck. And happy listening to your upgrade.

I've never placed an EOI ad myself, but all the ones I've seen have shown prices.  The idea of the EOI option is simply, as you say, to let others know that you MAY be interested in selling, but without any commitment to do so.  However, if the EOI doesn't state a price, then it effectively becomes an auction, which is against the rules and sprit of SNA classifieds.

What may help if you list as a E.O.I. or For Sale, is to give as much detail about your items as possible, so people know its characteristics.

There does not seem to be much on the internet with a quick search.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mark,

I have these same units and I bought them in NZ about 12 years ago. They cost me then NZ$600. I've seen plenty for sale since on TradeMe for around that figure ever since. I ran them through my Dynaudio Recitals, sounded great.

I've moved on since but still recommend them.

All the best with your sale.

Ian.

• Like 2