FS: ELEKTRA PNYX Pre Amplifier PRICE REDUCED

Item: Elektra PNYX Pre-Amp
Price: $2600, now $2300 (I won’t go lower) postage at buyers expense.
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Upgraditis
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:  I bought this unit last year from Bill Mclean and it has been a revelation. It is a great pre amp at least as good as the Audible Illusion 3A that I have owned in the past.  I used it with an Ayre V-3 power amp (also for sale) and it was an awesome combination. But as always happens, I heard a system that was a small but noticeable improvement over that combination, albeit at a significant price hike, so therefore I need to sell. I have cut and pasted the information below from a previous advertisement and there are plenty of reviews out there on various forums.

I have the original box, and the unit is supplied with two power cables (one with the ground lifted) and remote. Please note this unit does not have the optional phono stage.

The pictures in this advertisement are of the unit being sold.

dont hesitate to contact me for additional information.

Introduction:

The Elektra Pnyx Preamplifier is the product of extensive research and verification through rigorous listening tests. 
The areas it excels in are:

Power Supply:

With all audio products the power supply is a significant contributor to the success or failure of sound quality. With valves circuits this is even more so than anywhere else. With both our heater and anode power supplies we use discrete regulators. With our anode supply we achieve low noise (-100dBV) which is almost an 10 times better than other existing supplies. Its output impedance is 20 milliohm across the entire audio band. two such power supplies are used one for the left channel and one for the right. 

Operating Circuit:

With the signal path of our circuit we opted for DC coupling this is a truly unique feature because it eliminates capacitors and other coupling elements in the signal path which can cause distortions and resonances, this results in better sound quality. 

Balanced Operation:

To top it all off our valve circuit is balanced , this has two major benefits , firstly it is inherently lower in distortion than unbalanced circuits and secondly it allows you to transmit audio signals both on the printed circuit board or between two pieces of equipment with greater immunity to interference which degrades sound quality. No transformer is used in the signal path.

Construction:

The Elektra preamplifier is painstakingly hand built using audiophile grade parts selected for their sonic excellence reliability and stability. 

Listening Tests:

This preamplifier provides stellar audio performance in terms of balance of sound, clarity and fine detail resolution , dynamics and imaging. But we are not alone in our opinion here is what customers say about our product. 

"When Arthur asked me to say a few words about his valve pre-amp, I was a little apprehensive. This happens to be a seriously good pre-amp with a RRP of $3,900. At this price it is a steal, any serious competition it has is going to be much more expensive. I am concerned that if too many good things are said about this pre-amp the price might go up. For those who love valves, you must hear this pre-amp. It is very clean, dynamic, smooth and rich. While there are plenty of pre-amps out there that have some of these attributes, very few have them all. 
For those who don't like valves, you must hear this pre-amp. If you think valves are too warm, slow or euphonic, have a listen to the Elektra; it will change your mind. The Elektra pre-amp has the speed and dynamics you would expect from a top transistor pre-amp with the richness and smoothness you only seem to get from valve pre-amps. This pre-amp really has that elusive live music sound quality.  The fact that I use the Elektra pre-amp with our flagship Paragon speakers at our A1 Audio showroom says it all " 

Colin Whatmough 

"Excellence in tonality is what sets apart the Elektra Reference pre-amplifier from the rest. Performance without compromise, robust design and outstanding clarity, delivers the sound that I am seeking during mastering each and every time." 
Sakis (Digisound Mastering)

Specifications:

Control Functions: 
Volume, Input Select, Power On/off, Processor Bypass

Outputs Impedance 300 ohm Balanced , 150 ohm unbalanced 
RCA (2) Output 1,Ouput 2 Balanced (2), Bal Out 1 , Balanced Out 2

Input impedance: 
Unbalanced 47k ohms, Balanced 100k

Inputs: (7) 
Balanced inputs: Balanced in, Line1, Line2,

RCA inputs: Processor Bypass, CD, Tuner, Phono Stage (upgradable), Theatre Bypass *

Power Supplies: 
Dual mono regulated High Voltage supplies. Noise performance is -100dBV. 
Tube Complement: Four 6922 dual Triodes.

Frequency Response: +/-0.5dB, 0.5Hz to 300kHz. 
(Overrated 70 Watt Power custom made transformer) 
12V Trigger

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

38EA6167-1D17-4DAC-A091-2970E24B2167.jpeg

AFB01027-6059-4E70-AEA2-DEBD29BFF0AA.jpeg

A6E476A6-B519-4CD3-AB3C-EA3DFD461680.jpeg

Edited by Astronutter
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...