Sign in to follow this  
a_recording

SOLD: FS: Sony MDR-Z7M2 Headphones

Item: Sony MDR-Z7M2 Headphones
Price: $350 AUD (Firm) including free shipping.
Item Condition: Good. Very minor signs of use as pictured. Well maintained and cleaned for a new home. Will ship in original packaging.
Reason for selling: Not used enough.
Payment Method: PayPal, bank transfer.
Extra Info: Originally retailing for $1299 AUD,  the Z7M2 probably has some of the best build quality and comfort of any large transportable headphone in its class. Just stare into the inky void of the black aluminium earcups and the Fibonacci sequence grille. I did not enjoy the sound as much as I had hoped but your mileage may vary - I think it does well with instrumental and well recorded jazz / acoustic tracks. 

Listing includes original packaging, 3.5mm cable, 4.4mm balanced cable and quarter inch adapter.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

6AB3B2F7-3432-4DD1-9A63-DA31D3B82A04.jpeg

CB33CB7E-C69E-4E14-9681-78667A14C8AD.jpeg

E441E2A8-9AE4-43BA-BB1E-B65CFF7AF951.jpeg

FC4A9850-FB7A-46BE-81D3-AAD5A0903886.jpeg

DD91A535-35E1-48D7-9FFF-2B76D2EA2DF2.jpeg

7A944F58-381B-4E94-B8CA-A4CD39BDEA56.jpeg

680D95DB-B273-451D-933D-FF47C77A30A9.jpeg

E6FAAE88-C1B1-4A16-A6CE-833453F2DDDD.jpeg

6AEF0FB3-81B4-4A42-9EB2-9D95F2F19E95.jpeg

079F945A-8DCD-4574-B871-0299BC09B083.jpeg

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GKA87
      Item Condition: Used - fair condition Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost. Suburb or Town: CAPEL SOUND State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal or Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: No longer needed. Selling my Audio-Technica ATH-A900X's. 

Hi, I'm selling my Audio-Technica ATH-A900X's, they've seen some use over the years, and have a little wear and tear (as pictured), but otherwise sound great still. 

I've replaced the original pads recently with Dekoni Elite leather pads, and also replaced a broken 3D wing with a 3D printed model, and superglued it in place, as well as modified the headphones to have a tighter clamp-force, as they usually require constant adjustment to prevent from falling off one's head (unless you have a ginormous head). 

Available for pickup, or postage at buyers expense, feel free to message me for further details.

• By leqt1969
      Item Condition: Used but in immaculate condition. Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available.,Shipping is included in price. Suburb or Town: SE suburb State: Victoria Payment Method: PayPal (3% surcharge), EFT, Cash on Pickup Reason for selling: Simplify headphone set up Further information:

All 3 items are in immaculate condition and are rarely used (this is my second headphone set up).

Headphone amp comes with 2 set of tubes.

Plenty of information and good reviews on the internet. 

Headphones and music player come with original boxes and accessories. Headphone amp doesn’t have box.

Price includes postage (flat rate) Australia wide.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved  

• By ifcowscouldfly
      I picked up a Hifiman Arya yesterday from Minidisc, upgrading from a Sennheiser HD660S.

In the lead up to buying the Arya, I brought my HD660S in and demoed it side by side with the Hifiman Ananda, Focal Clear and the Arya, and picked the Arya.

The Ananda was pretty close to the Arya, but the Arya was ultimately a bit clearer and smoother. The Clear felt like an entirely different beast and I can see myself wanting to add a Focal one day in the far off future (perhaps a Utopia or a Stellia?), budget allowing.

At the moment, I have it booked up to a Schiit Modi 3/Magni Heresy stack and it sounds excellent. I was thinking of upgrading the stack to a Drop THX 789 and a Schiit Modius, but after hearing the headphones on my own gear, I decided to hold on to the Schiit stack for the moment.

I'm no audiophile so take my comments on sound with a massive grain of salt. To me, the Aryas are open, airy, detailed, fast and have surprisingly good bass extension (but not impact/punch) to my (untrained) ears. The treble is very sweet and just sparkles.

That said, the mids are not as sweet as the Sennheiser and I can definitely now see why people have multiple headphones in their collection. While the Arya has many advantages over the HD660S, there are a certain things the Sennheiser does that the Arya (nor the Clear) don't do as well. The Arya in no way makes the HD660S redundant. I'm selling the Sennheisers, but maybe I'll try to replace them down the road with some ZMFs... It's such a dangerous road!

Appearance wise, the Aryas look more stupid/outlandish than the HD660S which look like a model of an architectural concept. Also, it annoys me that the Arya's cables are about a third of the length compared to the HD660S and the unboxing experience is not as nice.

I would be very interested in your thoughts on whether upgrading my amp to a 789 or 887 while still using single ended would make a noticeable difference to sound quality (noting that the Heresy has more power for single ended). Or alternatively, whether I would notice any difference upgrading my DAC.

• By JAF123
      I am buying a set of STAX L700 headphones and energiser. My question is how do I incorporate these pieces into my current system which is MacBook Pro running Audirvana into Arcam irDACII via USB which is connected to Arcam A39 integrated amp by twin RCAs and to Arcam CDS27 streamer/CD by coaxial (ie to DAC). Will I connect the energiser to my DAC or one of the other pieces?

I've searched but couldn't find an answer to this. And if it's blindingly obvious, sorry....

Thanks
    • By ifcowscouldfly
      Item Condition: Excellent condition - Less than 6 months old Shipping Options: Pickup available but audition is not available. Suburb or Town: Chatswood State: New South Wales Payment Method: Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Made the expensive mistake of demoing a Hifiman Arya. Further information:
       I've owned these headphones for a bit under 6 months and they are in excellent condition and work perfectly.

I thought I wouldn't have GAS again for a while. Unfortunately, I walked into Minidisc and made the mistake of trying the Arya, and I can't get it out of my head. Hopefully I can resist trying amp and DACs the next time I'm there...

Pick up in Chatswood, NSW.

Photos:

PLEASE READ
      If you are advertising multiple items, you must post one bulk price only, or post seperate ads for each item If you include any reference to pricing whatsoever in this section (excluding RRP), your ad will not be approved If you don't include photographs of the actual item being sold, your ad will not be approved