Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now the completely adorable part of all this is that if Red Bull can't find an engine partner, rules state the powertrain manufacturer with the lowest number of customers would be obligated to supply

Wouldn't happen in a million years. The $$$ that LH brings to the team in sponsorships and endorsements, plus the fans and merchandise alone .... F1 is a marketing machine (one of the best in the

Indeed, huge impact, and he spent a while in the flames.   The 'halo' has certainly done its job - I don't think he'd be with us otherwise.

Bring it on....been watching the new Netflix series to give me a fix to carry me through. Even my wife enjoys the insights and the racing 😁 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...




42 minutes ago, ArthurDent said:

Perhaps. Just 5 days ago 86,000 people turned up at the MCG. The risk factors haven't changed much since.

That’s unlikely to happen again in the near future. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...


5 minutes ago, agelessgoodguy said:

So we cannot watch live cars but we can watch good racing with Johnny Dumfires

Wow. The F1 mob really are looking after us aren't they. Watched their stupid F1 eSports Series the other day. A couple of commentators/retired drives and a whole field of people you've never heard of. Having said that, it looked pretty good. Maybe we don't need real tracks anymore 😉

 

The Supercars lot would appear to be putting a bit more effort into their 10 week eSeries with all 25 current drivers competing. Lets hope the damage settings are realistic otherwise it could end up a demolition derby.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

I know the F1 on ice...

 

but are there ways of watching some of the great races of the past ? 

 

I still remember always one of first F1 races of Prost at monaco... the number of pit stops did... and still came out and out lapped, overtaking folk to get back in the lead. amazing stuff ! those were the days ... none of the procession it seems to have become....

 

love to watch that race again... cant remember which year :D 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
On 01/04/2020 at 6:41 PM, betty boop said:

I know the F1 on ice...

 

but are there ways of watching some of the great races of the past ? 

 

I still remember always one of first F1 races of Prost at monaco... the number of pit stops did... and still came out and out lapped, overtaking folk to get back in the lead. amazing stuff ! those were the days ... none of the procession it seems to have become....

 

love to watch that race again... cant remember which year :D 

obviously no one any wiser :D 

 

apparently a good F1 series on netflix... will have to check out when get some time :) 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


32 minutes ago, betty boop said:

apparently a good F1 series on netflix... will have to check out when get some time :) 

 

Yeh I can recommend that series Al, great picture and sound too.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

Yeh I can recommend that series Al, great picture and sound too.

do you know what its called HW ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I miss F1 so much... was so curious as to how Ferrari would perform this year. Hope Hamilton wins his 7th but it would be awesome to see Leclerc and Albon closer to him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Dissapointed Riccys going to McLaren not Ferrari :( He'l never be a WDC, I guess he went for money over a possible championship loss. But all that other BS about rebuilding Renault for 2021 was just that it seems! He wont wanna finish behind the french team too many times next year...if there is a next year haha :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Powerslave said:

Dissapointed Riccys going to McLaren not Ferrari :( He'l never be a WDC, I guess he went for money over a possible championship loss. But all that other BS about rebuilding Renault for 2021 was just that it seems! He wont wanna finish behind the french team too many times next year...if there is a next year haha :D

 

Got a mate with $10 him going to indy next year if no McLaren. 

 

It's going to be a hilarious silly season. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Dan will do well at McLaren.  I would love to see Dan beat Sainz in the Ferrari.
Hulk was generally quicker than Sainz at Renault in ‘18, out qualied 13/8.

I think Alonso has burnt too many bridges and too old, but would love to see him back in F1 and who knows with Ferrari reject Vettel.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Dan is becoming the journey man he was always destined to be. A shame really, would have been interesting to see what he could have done in the Red Bull back in the day if he got there a year or two earlier. 

 

He’s 30 years old. Now that Ferrari has passed him over, unfortunately he will likely just knock around in the mid field for another 5 or 6 years before dropping out altogether.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, theMot said:

Looks like Dan is becoming the journey man he was always destined to be. A shame really, would have been interesting to see what he could have done in the Red Bull back in the day if he got there a year or two earlier. 

 

He’s 30 years old. Now that Ferrari has passed him over, unfortunately he will likely just knock around in the mid field for another 5 or 6 years before dropping out altogether.

Had he been there when Vettel was, and a cpl of years older,  hed likely be a World Champ many times over. If Vettel wasn't there maybe Webber would of reached that Mark as well lol. But it is what it is and I don't blame him for going for money.

 

F1 is a tad uncertain before this year, and even more so now so take what you can, get out of car racing as he said he wont do it after this and enjoy your life Dan :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the lack of F1 action this year, I want to share two videos from last year that offer ideas on making F1 more exciting for fans. I think they are thought provoking. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2020 at 4:04 PM, Powerslave said:

Had he been there when Vettel was, and a cpl of years older,  hed likely be a World Champ many times over. If Vettel wasn't there maybe Webber would of reached that Mark as well lol. But it is what it is and I don't blame him for going for money. 

 

No, Dan's very quick but not that quick. Let's be honest.

 

Made the right choice going to Renault (best money when all other doors shut) - making the right choice with McLaren (best available seat for any money) - and unless both Ferrari drivers implode he'll probably be racing in the US within 5 years.

 

Hoping McLaren designs a very quick car next year that finds itself with a much better powertrain and the team can adjust - a lot of ifs - and there's some wins in it. Maybe a WDC in time, though that's a long shot, and not because he's faster than Lewis or Max on raw speed.

Edited by rmpfyf
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rmpfyf said:

 

No, Dan's very quick but not that quick. Let's be honest.

 

Lets be honest, he was quicker than 4 times WDC Vettel, so why the hell wouldn't of he won multi world champs had he been in RBR instead of Vettel, had Dan been a bit older ofcourse. Verst is quicker in the rain and probly over 1 lap but hes more reckless and Racecraft isnt better than Dans! Verst given the silver spoon as RBR wanted him to be the youngest ever world champ, Dans car went to pieces once he told em he was outa there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Powerslave said:

Lets be honest, he was quicker than 4 times WDC Vettel, so why the hell wouldn't of he won multi world champs had he been in RBR instead of Vettel, had Dan been a bit older ofcourse. Verst is quicker in the rain and probly over 1 lap but hes more reckless and Racecraft isnt better than Dans! Verst given the silver spoon as RBR wanted him to be the youngest ever world champ, Dans car went to pieces once he told em he was outa there.

 

Because he wasn't at RBR instead of Vettel when the car was fastest. Simple. 

 

Faster than Seb, sure. He's not faster than Max, who's racecraft is much improved from what you suggest. Cars don't go to pieces when drivers say they're moving teams, drivers do. Given what teams are paid for WCC positions there is zero incentive to do as you say - quite the opposite.

 

He's not Lewis in speed and craft at any rate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Powerslave said:

Max had zero DNF's in the last  9 races since Dan said hes bolting...But Riccy?

 

Yeah....NAAAAAAAAH!

 

Riccy-DNF-2018.jpg.df5f3b756f644ad6f18bcd327e9e1813.jpg

 

 

 

Appreciate that. As do RBR. Whilst I could pull plenty of relevant examples going the other way, the end game is simple.

 

If Dan was clearly more likely to net a WDC they'd have built a team around him. They didn't.

 

Whatever anyone thinks about how much a team 'likes' any one driver,back in reality the money in the table for results is immense. 

 

Dan wasn't fast enough to sway them.

 

McLaren is a great fit for him on paper. Hopefully he finds another gear and takes his career higher. The current trajectory doesn't get him to a WDC.

 

Drivers can and do change and grow, and find speed as their cars evolve and change in sensitivity. I hope he does. Would love to see him WDC.

 

Right now though - today's rules, today's cars and teams - Lewis is on another planet, and Max is faster.

 

Not so convinced about Charles tho.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree Dan would have a tough time with actual equal cars against Max or Lewis. But I was replying to..."would have been interesting to see what he could have done in the Red Bull back in the day " Hed be a multi WDC simply cuz Vettel was instead :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Powerslave said:

Totally agree Dan would have a tough time with actual equal cars against Max or Lewis. But I was replying to..."would have been interesting to see what he could have done in the Red Bull back in the day " Hed be a multi WDC simply cuz Vettel was instead :P

 

Seb is a special driver.

 

If he has the fastest car, qualifies first, has a team mate made to bend over for him and doesn't have to overtake anyone, he wins :D He'd be great at time trials. Anything else seems to faze him. He's got a special take on 'racing'.

 

I don't think DR would have had a RBR in those days, he would have left much earlier - too good to be a #2 to Seb. Some here might disagree, but even removing our love of one of our own, he's a better driver than Seb IMHO. He simply lives in more competitive times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...