Help Needed

Hello, I have just brought myself a Pro-ject signature 10 turntable, Whilst setting it up and attaching the head shell to the
tonearm I did not realize that the arm was only a push fit into the main body and it fell off ripping the wires out.
I have attached a picture and would like to know if it can be fixed or I have to buy a new one.

20200205_182635.jpg

Guest jakeyb77
1 hour ago, Garry Adams said:
Hello, I have just brought myself a Pro-ject signature 10 turntable, Whilst setting it up and attaching the head shell to the
tonearm I did not realize that the arm was only a push fit into the main body and it fell off ripping the wires out.
I have attached a picture and would like to know if it can be fixed or I have to buy a new one.

20200205_182635.jpg

Do you have accident insurance on your home and contents? 
I’d be claiming for the break and getting a new Tonearm. 

12 hours ago, jakeyb77 said:

Do you have accident insurance on your home and contents? 
I’d be claiming for the break and getting a new Tonearm. 

I'd imagine a repair would cost less than the insurance excess. You'd also risk less likely hood of premium increases.

I've claimed on my insurance for 2 written off bikes (separately) and the premium went up after the first one and the 2nd one needed much more evidence and quotes for damage etc. Really had to jump through the ringer the 2nd time, but we were talking $6k bikes so not something I could just replace without the insurance.

In my experience project/music hall use very fragile wiring.

I am certain you would notice (if you heard it playing before) an improved SQ with better wiring.

Are you handy at all? Re-wiring is not difficult. There'd probably be a youtube video, or instructions on a project forum.

There seems to be quite a few knowledgeable and helpful people over in WA.

If I didn't want to do it myself, I'd pay one of them to do it (and as a bonus, you'd get to meet the person behind the avatar!).

• Like 1