Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
betty boop

Original master tape

Recommended Posts

I dont now what it is ... but it is something to see an original master tape of an album. such an unassuming thing...to think this was the start of it... this is all the band holds of the original....there is only one of it in the world... and .for the band I hope it keeps...

 

The original master of Club Classics Vol. One - Soul II Soul

 

84950932_3346471548702276_59694558293031

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a master tape, but the actual production master for the Audio Fidelity issue of ALICE COOPER " LOVE IT TO DEATH".

I was not in a financial position to get this on original release, and personal request to AF head office to find a copy for me drew a blank. 

So, what a buzz to have acquired  the actual item.

 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Anatoly Beaver-Hausen said:

Not a master tape, but the actual production master for the Audio Fidelity issue of ALICE COOPER " LOVE IT TO DEATH".

I was not in a financial position to get this on original release, and personal request to AF head office to find a copy for me drew a blank. 

So, what a buzz to have acquired  the actual item.

 

image.jpeg

WOW ! that is pretty amazing ! especially since couldn't get it on original release :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, betty boop said:

I dont now what it is ... but it is something to see an original master tape of an album. such an unassuming thing...to think this was the start of it... this is all the band holds of the original....there is only one of it in the world... and .for the band I hope it keeps...

 

The original master of Club Classics Vol. One - Soul II Soul

 

84950932_3346471548702276_59694558293031

 

 

Al, what makes u think this is the master?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, frednork said:

Al, what makes u think this is the master?

not mine frednork, but according to the band, i'll take their word for it :) I imagine pretty precious to them :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, frednork said:

Al, what makes u think this is the master?

 

It has 'Master' printed on the cassette!

SONY know what they're talking about!..................or at least the marketing Dept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

 

It has 'Master' printed on the cassette!

SONY know what they're talking about!..................or at least the marketing Dept.

Standard Sony stuff, nuffing special.....  Now if you said Metal Oxide TDK that’s something else.....

1C7BCC1A-E42E-41AE-97B9-8BD7776E220E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool.

That would be the cassette that was dubbed from the original master tape for the artist or band members to take home. 

The original master tape would be held by the record company and would be open reel format. 

Most probably a 2-track 1/4 inch tape recorded at 15 inches per second. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


At least the dub was made onto a Type II Chrome tape. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...