FS: PRICE DROP -Valab LCR-1 Mk2 phono stage

Item: Valab LCR-1 Mk2 phono stage 
Price: $700 (A new LCR-1 costs over $1,300)
Item Condition: As new
Reason for selling: Buying a new DAC and getting a matching phono stage from Abbas Audio in the Ukraine. Upgrades.

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
Extra Info:

Local pickup only. I will not entertain posting anywhere so only queries for local pickup,  or I can drop the phono stage to a Pack & Send if you've an account.

The best sounding phono stage I've been lucky enough to run. This stage is completely transparent and sounds as though it's not even in the sound chain. Not sure if you can ask for better than that, and certainly there's nothing better available at this price point.  The LCR-1 is known to compete with phono stages many times its retail price.

From all reports the Mk2 is better sounding than the Mk3 though I can't imagine it would be a large difference.

You can read a review of this wonderful phono stage here: 

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/LCR-RIAA-shootout.htm

Photos:

IMG_20200204_210611.thumb.jpg.b55c72f8ea8a96f1225935816d899712.jpg

IMG_20200204_210617.thumb.jpg.358fc4cba92bb3f78abee57bee7a9476.jpg

IMG_20200204_210621.thumb.jpg.75295c210a5cb94a368da1cb9e17d320.jpg

IMG_20200204_210633.thumb.jpg.3c8c073da2a5184e73223b768fc3af09.jpg

Edited by MattyW
Price drop
  • Like 1

Ok, so that offer isn't going through.  They accidentally offered too much,  and are not local. Waiting to hear back from the next in line. If that falls through you're next in line @Mat-with-one-t

@pulinap yes, I believe you're right. The phono stage that is will replace it is about 3x the retail value of the LCR-1.

Edited by MattyW

• Cardinal sin for an audiophile Matty!!
  • MattyW
  • Members
  • 2,399 posts
  •  Donor

Very happy.  The Valab LCR-1 is one of those components you never sell. It's completely transparent.

Edited by Mat-with-one-t

Yeah, I know....  I'll never sell it....  Till I find better.  Unfortunately better costs quite a bit more. Might not sound better although it will match the DAC's aesthetics .

Replacing with an Abbas Audio RIAA Tube Preamp..... I plan to place it on top of the matching Abbas Audio DAC2.2SE TDA1541R1..... I may need to place taller feet on it to encourage better airflow though. They're both tube components so heat is a consideration.

Crazy how many companies components I thought I'd never get rid of.  My Aurum Cantus F620's, darTZeel NHB108B, Douk Tube Phonobox and probably any number of other components. 

Edited by MattyW

With a baby in the house,  neither will likely be used for a few years. The new DAC on the other hand. ;)

Besides,  I've effectively given up on hearing good quality sound for the next year and a half.  The baby enclosure sees to that

20200213_132433.thumb.jpg.a9a75c15c1ce594bdd3724108c9d7ace.jpg

Edited by MattyW

To reiterate,  I won't send this anywhere as I didn't keep the original packaging. Only local pickup will be accepted. If you've a Pack & Send account I'm happy to drop the phono stage to them after receiving payment. 

I've dropped the price down to $700 which should make this worthwhile even with costs for Pack&  Send.