Sign in to follow this  
AllTheAmbience

SOLD: FS: Osborn Eclipse Reference Tower & Osborn Subwoofer Units

Item: Osborn Eclipse Reference Tower & Osborn Subwoofer Units
Price:  $5350 (Eclipse Ref Tower), Subwoofers $1400 each ($2400 pr) + Postage (I have the original cardboard boxes for the Eclipse as well as access to TNT)
Item Condition:  9/10 (Both units have some small marks from transport, PM for photos)
Reason for selling:  NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:  For sale is my current collection of Osborn gear. Items have been well looked after and never abused. 

There is much to be said on the Eclipses Reference on the forums (they have been called the sweet spot in the range), they provide a huge soundstage with very well controlled bass, excellent dynamics  and large amounts of detail.  These are the current model released in October 2019 and come with over 4 years of warranty left.  The current retail is $9505 + postage.

For more details please see Mr Osborn's website: https://www.osbornloudspeakers.com.au/eclipse-tower

The subwoofers are a somewhat custom design from Mr Osborn, which are effectively the T-12 (Focal 12" flax subwoofer) with Redgum RGSW2  plate amplifier(200wrms into 8ohms) in the Epitome Bass unit cabinet. I selected the design after Mr Osborn told me to put the T-12 I had on loan on top of a chair.  Lifting the sub 2 feat off the floor worked wonders in eliminating a lot of the floor resonance however you lose some dB  as there is little reinforcement so I went with the more powerful plate amplifier to  accommodate the loss.  The subwoofers have over 3 years of warranty left on them.   

T-12: https://www.osbornloudspeakers.com.au/t12

Redgum Plate Amp: https://www.redgumaudio.com/product/rgsw2-amplifier-plate/

I am selling these due to needing to downsize my equipment. 

Pm for more info.

Photos:

20200204_092100.thumb.jpg.620ba905f94913138cce5ce99ea1375c.jpg

20200204_084235.thumb.jpg.49167b190be93532eed45eebab0bf39a.jpg20200204_084302.thumb.jpg.14f40fb1740841336d9f5a3116a4eb3a.jpg

Nice amp / preamp!

Excellent speakers and great buying at this price. What a combo! End game for most of us.

GLWTS :thumb:

Such a nice and clean setup! And with plants diffuser, surely it sounds better :) 

Have PMed you with interest in buying the speakers.

Eclipse References are sold. Bass units still available.