8 track come back?

Peter-E

Just now, Peter-E said:

With the resurgence of vinyl what are the chances of 8 track making a return?

Hopefully zero, but one cannot deny the propensity of people to embrace nostalgia even if it is inferior.

On 03/02/2020 at 4:04 PM, lemarquis said:

More hipster hype. That said I've heard some pretty nice digital transfers of  8 track tapes.  Often they had bonus tracks or versions not released on other formats. Stones 'Miss You' being one  example.

I wasn't aware of that.  What was the bonus on the Stones "Miss You" (and are your referring to the Some Girls album, or a 8-track single of "Miss You")?

3 hours ago, audiofeline said:

I wasn't aware of that.  What was the bonus on the Stones "Miss You" (and are your referring to the Some Girls album, or a 8-track single of "Miss You")?

It was the Some Girls album. From memory maybe a Canadian release (?) in any event the Miss You version was an extended one.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

Be careful what you wish for.....

https://youtu.be/TDFuSZ05Rck

Interesting, but last mentions were 5 years ago.  Was it an April fools Joke or it failed to launch?

YEP April fool's joke, can see post 1st April  

Edited by Demondes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Demondes said:

Interesting, but last mentions were 5 years ago.  Was it an April fools Joke or it failed to launch?

YEP April fool's joke, can see post 1st April 

I love the detail they put into the unit they are showing, right down to the 5-pin DIN on the back for input/output.