Hi all

I'm looking for a streamer dac combo.

Needs to have rca outputs

Support local flac via smb/cifs share

Support tidal/Spotify natively not via casting

Be less than 800$

What are my options ?

Thankyou

The usual suspects, Bluesound Node 2/2i, Denon HEOS, Cambridge CXN can all be had for under your budget and I think they do everything you need.

I believe Node2i will be the best bet. Good DAC, stable internet streaming and easy to use app. 

The Yamaha WXC-50 could also work. I was looking for a decent DAC/Streamer a few weeks back and I've had great success with it so far considering it's price. 

Thankyou for the suggestions - Ive just repurposed a nuc as a streamer using daphile and at this stage an old usb sound card - so far this is looking like a good solution. If im still happy in a couple of weeks Ill buy a proper dac and call it a day.

It’s a hole. So I’m sure you will feel itchy soon ;) 

Have a look at the Allo website for some pretty interesting and upgradeable options :

https://allo.com/

I am running a PI4 with Ian Canada , isolator/reclocker and an Allo Shanti power supply into a number of different dacs and it is the best digital replay I have heard so far.

If you don't mind a bit of work similar to but easier than building a pc then I believe this type of stuff can outprtform much of the ouput from the big names.

On 01/02/2020 at 10:38 AM, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

The usual suspects, Bluesound Node 2/2i, Denon HEOS, Cambridge CXN can all be had for under your budget and I think they do everything you need.

Sound advice. These are the usual suspects in the <$1000 range, along with the Yamaha WXC.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)