Igor Nadj

Bang & Olufsen Beoplay A2

My favourite bluetooth speaker, the clarity and smoothness is unlike anything I've heard from a portable speaker.

The convenience of being able to move it from the bedroom to the living room and to the park and still have it deliver a beautiful sound, I sound like a shill right now, but this thing has been by my side for a couple years and has set a high bar for the end-of-the-day enjoyable sound it creates.

The short life battery is annoying, I've got some velcro on the back to attach a power bank, that seems to work well.

B&O doesn't seem well regarded on the internet but everyone I show this to in real life loves it. Any other fans out there? Anyone got the big brother the Beolit 17?

IMG_2182.JPG

IMG_3586.JPG

A363C61A-745D-4AC0-8844-382A02C51B92.jpeg.de2452d20594306009a2fc08fd302f3c.jpeg

Looks lovely.

The only B&O product I own and have ever owned is the BeoPlay H6 1st gen headphones and I love them. I’ve had Senn HD 580s, 600s and 650s, AKG Q701s and some old Stax plus I’ve listened to a bunch of new planars around the same price range and nothing beats them. To me, they sound perfectly balanced and clean and they do exactly what I want them to do.

Most listening is done from my iPad Pro running the MusicStreamer app into an AQ Dragonfly Red and there’s nothing at all I would change about the hardware side of that setup

Yeah nice, I'm looking to get a new pair of headphones, and B&Os sound great, but I might go for airpods 2s for the convenience. 

How would you describe the B&O sound? Mature? Lush? I'm looking to get some hifi speakers but all I've auditioned ($1000 to $2k+) don't have the sound I like. They are all good speakers, but my portable beats them out of the water. Do you have a HiFi setup?

I use 1st gen airpods for podcast listening and music when I go for a run and for that they’re fine. For music and movies at home I use the H6.

I feel like they sound pretty flat and neutral, or at least they read as neutral to me. Probably a bit lean in the bass for some peoples’ taste but they have extension and weight when required and I prefer that balance. I can’t abide headphones/speakers with bass bloat, I’d rather no bass at all :) 

Speakers are a different beast altogether. The classifieds will throw up a bunch of good options to choose from or take yourself to a good hifi shop with some tunes you like and avail yourself of the knowledge of the staff. Under $5k I normally prefer stand mount speakers to floorstanders but many don’t agree with me and I cheat by running a sub anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by RankStranger

Yeah I've done a bit of auditioning but it's completely different to me in store vs in my apartment. Not sure why, the reverb is worse in my apartment maybe. Oh well, will get there one day! Enjoying the journey for now.

Edited by Igor Nadj