Inakustik Speaker Cables

4 hours ago, Mantra1 said:

IMHO anyone who pays $10K for speaker cables, is in need of some serious counseling.

Or totally respected!

Life must be good for them if they can spend that much on a cable.

I do not have a spare 10K to spend on anything!

On 31/01/2020 at 3:29 PM, Mantra1 said:

Just wondering if members have any idea that these 'reference' speaker cables from German brand, InakustiK, cost a whopping $10K for a 3 metre pair?

https://lenwallisaudio.com/products/accessories/cables/speaker-cable/referenz-ls-4004-air-speaker-cable-3-0m-pair/

LS4004AIR.jpg.c5b27ed13403260a482a14a36044eff0.jpg

So now that we have been made aware that these cables are $10k and ascertained that you not foolish. 
What is the point of your post in all seriousness?

17 minutes ago, Neo said:

So now that we have been made aware that these cables are $10k and ascertained that you not foolish. 
What is the point of your post in all seriousness?

I would have thought it was obvious, but apparently not. I was simply astounded that someone would pay $10K for a pair of speaker cables. I can't believe that I have to spell this out.

Personally, I use two lengths of stretched emu penis, sourced from naturally deceased emus, of course.

Edited by Mantra1

12 minutes ago, Mantra1 said:

I would have thought it was obvious, but apparently not. I was simply astounded that someone would pay $10K for a pair of speaker cables. I can't believe that I have to spell this out.

Personally, I use two lengths of stretched emu penis, sourced from naturally deceased emus, of course.

I could not agree more, but if there is one thing I have learned in this hobby, over a very long time, is that one person's psychosis is another's normality.

What consenting adults ( legally ) do,use and purchase, is their own business and none of mine.

Edited by rantan
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Mantra1 said:

IMHO anyone who pays $10K for speaker cables, is in need of some serious counseling.

prefer you  keep your daft comments to yourself, not sure why you comment on here anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Craig G said:

prefer you  keep your daft comments to yourself, not sure why you comment on here anyway. 

Why? because I can and my comments aren't 'daft', as you so generously put it. As a member, I have the right to offer comments on whatever matters I choose, just as you do. Cheers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mantra1 said:

Why? because I can and my comments aren't 'daft', as you so generously put it. As a member, I have the right to offer comments on whatever matters I choose, just as you do. Cheers.

when you refer people to go to counseling for having an opinion   on a product  you step over that line mate . 

• Like 1

A person that has 10k speaker cables in their system likely has a system approaching or well over 100k, they obviously have the income to do this so it might actually be crazy for them not to get the absolute best, and cost be damned.

I do like the use of those separators in that cable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Craig G said:

when you refer people to go to counseling for having an opinion   on a product  you step over that line mate . 

This is the line that you have drawn?....I see. I'll be more careful in future.

I am not at all sure that anyone, except a moderator or the Admin of this site should be setting boundaries for other members.

As members,we are all equal here and the vast majority  have sufficient intelligence to know the boundaries of expected behaviour. If in doubt, a couple of minutes reading the website /forum guidelines should let you know.

15 hours ago, Mantra1 said:

I do enjoy these threads and posts where people pass judgement from the comfort of their armchairs on how others decide to spend their hard-earned. 

Expensive trinkets and playthings exist because there is a market for it - plain and simple. 

Just because YOU wouldn’t buy it, doesn’t invalidate the decision of others who have deep enough pockets to do so. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, pete_mac said:

I do enjoy these threads and posts where people pass judgement from the comfort of their armchairs on how others decide to spend their hard-earned. 

Expensive trinkets and playthings exist because there is a market for it - plain and simple. 

Just because YOU wouldn’t buy it, doesn’t invalidate the decision of others who have deep enough pockets to do so. 

They may indeed have deep pockets, but that doesn't exclude the possibility that they are deceiving themselves, or more likely, just indulging in a bit of one-upmanship.

Just think about it for a minute. Is there even the remotest possibility that two lengths of speaker cable would involve technology, and or materials, and or manufacturing, that would account for a price tag of $10K? Not even the remotest possibility. It's just an exercise in slick marketing and appealing to the vanity of well-heeled consumers.

Edited by Mantra1
typo

1 hour ago, Mantra1 said:

They may indeed have deep pockets, but that doesn't exclude the possibility that they are deceiving themselves, or more likely, just indulging in a bit of one-upmanship.

Just think about it for a minute. Is there even the remotest possibility that two lengths of speaker cable would involve technology, and or materials, and or manufacturing, that would account for a price tag of $10K? Not even the remotest possibility. It's just an exercise in slick marketing and appealing to the vanity of well-heeled consumers.

Have you personally tried expensive cables??? 
it’s a simple question

PS: now we are deceiving ourselves, say it ain’t so?

Neo

Edited by Neo

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Have you personally tried expensive cables??? 
it’s a simple question

PS: now we are deceiving ourselves, say it ain’t so?

Neo

1 hour ago, frednork said:

@Mantra1 please tell us about your speaker cables and why you chose them. 

These are my current speaker cables: QED Genesis Silver Spiral...  https://www.qed.co.uk/qed-genesis-silver-spiral-cable.html

At the time of purchase (about 5 years ago), they cost me roughly $850 for 2x3M lengths. They are terminated in what was then QED's best. Having had QED speaker cables in the past, I was fairly confident that they would fit the bill.

The current top of the line QED speaker cables are the Supremus:  https://www.qed.co.uk/supremus-cable.html   Don't know what they cost. but at a guess I'd say $2.5K?  That is a far cry from $10K and I'd be fairly sure they'd go up against anything from any other maker. To pay anything over $3K for a pair of speaker cables is just throwing your money away. QED cables are very good, but they are not the only make in this price category. But at this price point, it's a case of....different, but not necessarily better. Cheers.

Edited by Mantra1

3 hours ago, Mantra1 said:

These are my current speaker cables: QED Genesis Silver Spiral...  https://www.qed.co.uk/qed-genesis-silver-spiral-cable.html

At the time of purchase (about 5 years ago), they cost me roughly $850 for 2x3M lengths. 

To pay anything over $3K for a pair of speaker cables is just throwing your money away. QED cables are very good, but they are not the only make in this price category. But at this price point, it's a case of....different, but not necessarily better. Cheers.

Glad you are happy with your cables.  There are some on this site that would say that spending more than $100 or even $50 on a pair of speaker cables is an outrageous waste of money and will provide no improvement in sound quality. So who is right?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, frednork said:

Glad you are happy with your cables.  There are some on this site that would say that spending more than $100 or even $50 on a pair of speaker cables is an outrageous waste of money and will provide no improvement in sound quality. So who is right?

Yeah, good point mate. I'm of the view that you do need to spend something on cables, not just $50 or $100. Cable manufacturers invest much time and effort (and money) in R&Ding their products. Those who claim that one can achieve an acceptable sound using cables in the $50 to $100 bracket, are just as extreme as those who claim that you need to (or should) spend $10K.

Like with most things in life, the middle course (way) is the safest.

9 minutes ago, Gav67 said:

Some food for thought, maybe.  

Snake Oil and the Velocity of Propagation

https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/snake-oil-and-the-velocity-of-propagation/

Interesting article. I'll have to read it more closely when I have a bit of time. Thanks for posting.