Tv repair

My Sony 65 inch developed a flicker three weeks ago.I rang JB Hi-Fi and it was one month out of warranty.He sent a job to Sony,they covered the warranty and sent it to their service place of choice. They were waiting for a part,they turned up today with  the part. A new panel. They replaced it in my lounge room in 30 minutes.Excellent service. European Electronics in Moorabbin deserve a good wrap.The strange thing is that it hadn’t played up for the last week and half. But they decided to do it anyway.

23BA3CAE-0562-42AD-9418-EEE4AEFF54B6.jpeg

BEC70561-9F80-4D6E-A224-6FB380471339.jpeg

91C6C198-94F5-4796-B1A8-4CFBF8209B6F.jpeg

Edited by wasdork
  • Like 5

JB will add an additional 12mth warranty for appliances like this....

Most intermittent faults if it happen once it will happen again hence the reason they came, there is  possibly a technical bulletin and it’s a common issue detected within a serial number range....

Note that the guy in the blue shirt and cap is using a Panasonic driver and the one in the black shirt is using what looks like a Hitachi driver...   there is a difference,  the way the Panasonic uses an electronic torque and stops after one click, very refine and expensive,  probably the only driver I’d would use if working on equipment like this, or elbow grease so i can feel the threads.

• 7 months later...